Straight Shipping 2,899 members · 6,638 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Vexy
Group Admin

Hello, and welcome to the Straight Shipping group rules thread. Here you'll find the most up-to-date rules for the group. Please read them carefully and abide by them. We use a three-strike rule. That is to say that you will receive two warnings before we start taking action against you (most likely with a ban). Rules may be tweaked in order to suit the group's standards, but generally these are the rules that are in force.

Submitting Fiction:

1. When submitting fics (regardless of whether they're yours or somebody else's) be sure to add them to one folder only. Fictions added more than once may will be removed from the group entirely. (And now we can see who's submitting fics!)

2. Only add fics to one folder. I'm serious about this one! I've already kicked out several fics submitted by people who didn't read these rules. (AND WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE!) If you fail to read the group rules and mispost, then I will give you a warning. After that, you're getting strikes next to your name.

Three Strikes = Group Kick.

3. When submitting a fic, have a look at all of the folders and place yours in the starred folder than most applies to the fic you are submitting. If it's an OC, it goes in one of the OC folders. If it's incest, it goes in one of the incest folders. If you feel that your fic doesn't fit it any of these folders, then put it in one of the non-starred folders. If you're unsure then feel free to PM me or Black Cloud.

4. All stories submitted must be a fiction where the main focus is of a romantic or sexual relationship between two characters of the opposite gender. Other shipping / romance (including F/F and M/M) can be present, as long as the spotlight of the fic is on the F/M pair.

5. In case you're confused between the difference between Mature Shipping and Clopfiction, think about it this way. Is this fic written with the intention of the reader relieving themselves of sexual frustration? If so, then it belongs in the Clopfiction folder. If the fic contains sexual themes, but it doesn't fit the aforementioned criteria, than it's destined for the Mature Shipping folder. And what's left is for the fluffy romance folder. Fluffy romances should be sweet, clopfree, and full of d'awws.

Posting on the Forum:

1. Respect everyone. Don't be a dick. Don't devalue / take the piss out of other people's shipping preferences. This isn't even a rule, this is just common decency. Abide by it.

2. Don't advertise your group unless you get explicit permission from me and me only.

3. Don't advertise your fic either. While I'm fine with "Hey, I wrote this, and I'm wondering how best to tackle this particular pairing. Thoughts?", I don't want to see any "Hey, I wrote dis. Check it out and lemme know what you think! ;D"

4. Threads can be instigated by anyone. Feel free to post one to say "Hey" and talk to other like minded homophobes straight shippers, or join one of the ongoing threads. Some of them are pretty thoughtful, whereas others are pure banter.

5. No explicit images nor links to images may be shared on the forums. This is site rules, so please abide by it or your thread will be deleted and you - the poster - will be reprimanded by Fimfiction's admins.

6. If you're posting any NSFW links on a thread (No images!), then please let everyone know that it is a NSFW link. Common courtesy, y'all!

7. Threads will be locked after several weeks of inactivity.

8. If you want to request a thread be unlocked, PM me or one of the admins.

992882 Who are the administrators?

993077 Meet the Admins

992882 I think self-promotion should also be allowed if it is directly related to the subject matter at hand. Like if the thread is discussing Trixie shipped with Big Mac, a person should be permitted to mention their own work if it provides an example of that. After all, the second-best training for a writer is to read. A lot.

993418 I wanna see that ship now. :pinkiehappy:

I already added a fanfic once in one folder and nothing else, so I'm good. :pinkiesmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5