Straight Shipping 2,898 members · 6,634 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Vexy
Group Admin

An idea that struck me a while back was to post a thread introducing the admins (which can be edited at any time) so that members could become more familiar with who to message in case of DEFCON 1 emergencies. However, it took me some time to get round to actually materializing that idea. But finally the day has arrived. So here it is.

As of current, the Straight Shipping group has three admins. Have a little introduction from each of us.

Vexy (Me) is the group's founder. I don't really do much to maintain the group. My concerns usually rest on where the group should go, should I start competitions, how would I monitor them, are the rules fair, etc. Messaging me about complaints or suggestions for the group is usually the fastest way to get your voice heard.

Good day, dearest reader, my name is Vexy. I'm a seventeen year old fanfiction writer from the UK, and I adore shipping. If you asked anyone who knows me personally, you'd be told that I am, perhaps, the least romantic person ever. I simply joke around too much. Despite this, when I get home each day I love to read and write shipping - my personal favorites of such include Spike shipping and heterosexual Rainbow Dash, my OTP conveniently being the cross between those two.

When I became a brony and started a fimfiction account last summer, I found I was very good at proofreading and such. To this day, I'm still better at criticizing prose than I am at writing my own from afresh. Grammar and sentence structures are my strengths, and keeping characters in character is my passion. If you need help with any of the aforementioned, feel free to message me.

Thanks for reading. Hopefully you can enjoy being part of the group as much as me!

Blazing Rune is one of my good friends on fimfiction and my main co-writer for all my fics. As for concerning the group he checks through the submitted stories, ensuring that they're in the correct folders and are only submitted once. I don't know what I'd do without him.

Hello, everyone, Blazing Rune here. I’m Brazilian, the only brony in my city, and I’m a huge anime fan. Every friend I have over here thinks that I’m strange because I like ponies. What’s a guy like me to do? They just don’t understand the awesomeness that is pony. At only twenty four years old I still I live with my grandparents, and I have yet to go to college. I blame Brazil’s terrible education system, but maybe someday I will enter a really awesome college.

My english is so-so. I needed an editor just to edit this short little snippet, in fact! Thanks for that Vexy, you’re awesome, aren’t you! Yes, yes I am. Why, thank you, Blazing Rune. :3

I’ve had three accounts on Fimfiction: RedOnslaught, PaleRider and Blazing Rune (renamed from Black Cloud, my most recent.

The straight shipping group was a great idea, so I had to help Vexy to develop it and make it happen. I don’t have anything against yuri or yaoi fics but my tastes are going to always be aimed at straight pairs. I organize the folders and help Vexy with events.

No one can stop the flaming passion I have for writing about ponies. My favorite genres are Action/Adventure, Romance (although, it’s always better with some kinky clop), and Comedy. I hate gore with burning passion, so don’t even talk about it with me, okay? (I’m just trying to be obnoxious, don’t worry, you guys can talk about anything you want with me.)

That’s it, thank you for being part of this community with us!

Westphalian_Musketeer is my third admin. He's always full of brilliant ideas and has been a definite driving force in the group.

Greetings everyone, Westphalian_Musketeer here. I got into ponies in the summer between seasons one and two, and started writing fanfiction between seasons two and three. I like straight shipping most of all due to early exposure to some of the better OC romances on the site. I've participated in a number of activities requiring cooperation with other writers. I'd like to say I have my basic grammar down pat, but I am hardly a proof reader. However, if you ever need advice on creating a likeable OC, or developing a full story from a premise, feel free to seek advice from me.

I do have two more admins, AgentSnail and Steel Resolve, who I haven't got a neat little introduction for. You can also go to them for help and advice with group matters.

Well, that's all of us. If you have anything you want to say about the group, then we're the people you should be messaging.

Broken
Group Admin

Awesome thread. :coolphoto:

That's all. :moustache:

:twilightblush::rainbowlaugh::pinkiehappy:

You guys suck! :trollestia:

Nah, just kidding. Only Westphalian_Musketeer sucks. :trollestia:

Okay, seriously, all kidding aside, nice to meet you guys. Nice group.

Great to hear! Great to meet.

Now, ship... :rainbowwild:

949410 No you! :twilightsheepish:

As for the rest of you! Lets be at least 20% more cool than the other groups! :heart:

Vexy
Group Admin

We'll beat the Shipping group in 10 seconds flat... :pinkiecrazy:

949830 If we could achieve such a victory, that would be an instant wing-boner!
*POMF*

Vexy
Group Admin

Need I whip out my wingboner fic and make this thread NSFW? :trollestia:

949864 No sir! :twilightoops:

But I'll need a moment... or two...

Broken
Group Admin

949864>>949872

Dat wingboner fic... :coolphoto:

949981 it will be gloriously bad. :moustache:

Broken
Group Admin

Yup, I know all about it. Are me and Vexy the only ones who dislike the wingboner meme? :rainbowhuh:

950001 I like the idea of wings being used in emotional reactions.

Broken
Group Admin

Yes, it is interesting to think that sapient creatures that have wings could express their feelings through such appendages. However, I dunno if sexual stimuly would make them react...

Ops! This is not a NSFW thread, I can't talk about those subjects here! :twilightoops:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15