Soaring Apple: SoarinJack 177 members · 55 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

Applejack
Appledash-'They fight a lot and are the least girly of the Mane 6! Clearly they're lesbians!'
Rarijack-Opposites can attract, but not if they're extremely opposite, which AJ and Rarity are.
Incest-Wrong on so many levels.
Caramel-How did this even start? She got ticked off that he lost the seeds and everyone started pairing them?
Blueblood-He insulted her food and her friend. Why would she give him a chance?

Soarin
Rainbow-It's too predictable, Rainbow hooking up with a Wonderbolt.
Spitfire-Okay, maybe they could've had some history, but men and women on a team can be friends without having been in a romantic relationship!
Braeburn-How did this even start? Were people just desperate for a gay pairing? Also, these guys don't act macho or look even slightly efeminate and that makes them gay?
Thunderlane-Same as Braeburn.

Well, the Blueblood one is probably so that it can be a character-building experience. He'd have a lot of humbling and growing up to do if he wanted her, of course, but there's just much more adventure with her. (Though personally, I prefer pairing Blues with either an intellectual like Twilight Sparkle or an adventurous mare like Rainbow Dash to counter his foppish prissiness.)

Caramel, I'll never understand. From the canon of the show, it appears Caramel is irresponsible, forgetful, and somewhat childish. I'm surprised Sassaflash gives him the time of day at all.

I feel you on the AppleDash pairing. AJ and RD are both strong, indipendent, hardworking females. Neither of them afraid to roll up their metaphorical sleeves and get some dirt on their hooves. They're constantly at each others' throats. They MUST be gay for each other, right?

BlueBlood? I doubt AJ's affections could be won over by some prissy little city boy who most likely spends more time on his mane and hooves than she does on hers. I could see them on their first date now: Applejack talks him into knocking back a few shots of straight whisky with her. He passes out after the first shot. Applejack orders a few more, then just leaves Blueblood on the floor with the bill and goes home with Soarin.

SoarinDash. I have to admit that I used to like this pairing, but I eventualy realized that it was just too... I don't know the word. I want to say easy? Something along those lines...

I'm in LOVE with AppleDash. It totally works.
There aren't any pairings I hate, but will find a little odd. Obviously incest is disgusting.

I think easy is the right word. It's like a self-insert fanfiction Rainbow herself would write-she joins the Wonderbolts and wins over the handsome, second-in-command stallion.

2522968 I agree, it is way too easy and just too predictable. I mean sometimes the predictable stuff is what people want, but in this case I just can't stand it.

Outside of that, I really don't hate any pairing that concerns these two. It all depends on the writer to me.

Most main 6 lesbian ships, I don't see them working out

99% of both Macintosh and Rainbow ships

SoarinDash: Because like some of you said its predictable
AppleDash: Is stereotyping tomboys as lesbians if that isnt insulting then i don't know what is. I used to like it but now it's just overrated and all the fanfics are pretty much the same thing and it got old but that's just what i think.
CaraJack: How did people start shipping this?

Comment posted by Rubyfire377 deleted Aug 8th, 2014

2521702 AppleDash: hmmm I honesty am not a fan
SoarinDash I love that pairing but SoarinJack is one of my top 6 pairing
RariJack: interesting but I love to ship Spike with Rarity more
Incest: I seen enough A Game of Thrones to know how wrong that could be
Braeburn/Soarin: I don't mind this but like I said SoarinJack is one of my favorite but Braeburn is Bi in my headconnon he is the Red Viper from A Game of Thrones heheheheh
BlueJack: who came up with that ship throw it out
CarmalJack: like it but SoarinJack is better
ThunderSoarin: ummmmmmmmmmmm Thunderlane is not gay as my headconnon goes

I don't think you really have a leg to stand on when saying stuff like "How did this start" when the ship you are putting on a pedestal literally came into being because a guy liked a pie someone made.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

A reason why I as founder has stayed out of this discussion. Though we have "Word of St. Paul" as some support for the paring, well kind of since we more than one Con appearance for Soarin's VA to really spread the supposed word.

What, did the voice actor say he liked the pairing? I haven't heard this, I'm interested.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

At the last Brony Fan Fair in Austin last year. Now the canonisity of the comment is low, but yes Matt Hill did state that Soarin' should hook up with AJ

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13