Crack Ships Inc. 612 members · 878 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

The first order of business is announcing a winner for the November contest.
Though it was close, dramatic_spoon's story, A Sympathetic Perspective is the winner! Give his story a read if you haven't yet.
---

The second order of business is announcing the December contest. Here are the rules (including some new ones. Let me know what you think of them):

1. All prompt entries must contain, in some from or another, two (2) or more of the chosen ponies entangling in some form of relationship. Which two, the depth of their relationship and how they act on it is totally up to you.

2. All entries must be in by the 31st of December at the latest (11:59PM EST). On the 1st of January, all entries will be displayed for a community vote, ending on the the 31st of January. You will have the option to vote publicly in the forum, or send me a PM with your choice. (This basically means that you'll be able to vote throughout January for the December contest, and that you'll be voting throughout February for the January contest, and so on).

3. All entries must obey site rules. In addition, stories containing clop and/or gore must be clearly indicated as such, for the benefit of those who do not desire such things.

4. Post a link to your stories here in this thread when you are ready to submit them.

5. Only stories submitted to FiMFiction after the contest begins are eligible. You are not permitted to submit a fic you wrote 6 months ago, even if it fits with one of the pairings.

6. Any incarnation of a character is acceptable to use in your story (Rule 63, Equestria Girls, etc.), but shipping a pony with themselves (self-shipping) is not.
---

For the month of December, you can choose from the following ponies:

The first pony this month is the kindest one you'll ever meet. Embodying the Element of Kindness is Fluttershy, and she's looking for love. Will she find it among the other ponies she can be paired with this month?

The second pony for December is the captain of the Wonderbolts, and that's something you really have to admire, even if you don't have a polychromatic mane. Spitfire is a smoking hot mare, but will she find the perfect partner this month?

The third pony is very well known in high society, and always seems to have beautiful mares surrounding him. Fancy Pants wears no pants, but he does have a charming personality. Is that enough to find love?

The fourth pony is one that many find scary, so much so that they created a holiday based around her. Nightmare Moon is an evil mare to some, but is she just misunderstood? Could a mare or stallion be the key to healing her dark heart?

The fifth pony this month is possibly the friendliest pony in Appleloosa. A member of the massive Apple family, Braeburn certainly loves apples as much as his name implies. The question is, does he love somepony else more?

The sixth pony for December is just a character in a series of stories, isn't she? Daring Do is accustomed to dealing with deadly traps and evil creatures, and she claims to always work alone, but can she find the greatest treasure of all: love?

Good luck writing this month, and remember to have fun!

We'll get two half-assed Fluttershy/Spitfire stories, and one Fluttershy/Braeburn that's actually half decent if not for the writer's strange mix of British and American punctuation.

I've gotten into the swing of writing (for once) so I'm tempted to try my hand at a NMM/Daring Do one. That could be fun.

Fluttershy x Daring Do is also the December Contest for the Random Romance group. Anyone submitting a DaringShy entry for this contest is also encouraged to participate. Yes, it has to be DaringShy.

One thing I've liked about the Crack Ships Inc. group's monthly selections is that they always give such a wide variety of possibilities. There's always a couple of straight shipping options, plenty of F/F, and at least one M/M for anyone daring enough to try.

I'm intrigued by the possibility of Fancy Pants x Braeburn, but I know I wouldn't be able to write it.

2352640 Will be attempting to write Fancy Pants x Spitfire for this, not sure how well it will go but It'll be my first time participating in this, so it should be fun! Can't wait to see everyone else's entries :derpytongue2:

You make it sound like I'm not entering.

2352766 I wish you luck! Can't wait to read it!
2352886 Huh, didn't even know that. Guess that's good news for anyone writing a DaringShy fic. Glad you like the usual selection. I try to do 4 mares and 2 stallions (or the non pony equivalents) so that there are a bunch of options for people to write. The only reason it's not 3 of each is that there's less males than females in the show, so it would end up being the same stallions over and over again. I hope you do write that Braeburn x Fancy Pants story, because that sounds like something I'd want to read.
2353580 Good luck! I'm sure it'll be a great story!

does it have to be NMM or can we use Luna transitioning between herself and NMM?

Transitioning? Like Jekyll and Hyde style? That sounds interesting.

I'm not sure if I'll have time to write, but I've got an idea for a Spitfire/Daring story bouncing around in my head now,

entangling in some form of relationship.

So, like if I wanted to have Nightmare Moon take Fancy Pants hostage, and then he gets stockholm syndrome, that would be an okay plot for this contest? :unsuresweetie:

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

Boy do I wish one of those choices was Shining Armor. <.< I'll have to think about this.

2373381 Since Luna and NMM are essentially the same pony, yes. Feel free to have her being Luna at some point during the story, but NMM needs to be involved in some way for this contest.
2375099 Sounds like a great pairing! Hopefully you find time to write!
2375209 Yep, that's totally fine.

Peaceful Easy Feelin', using Braeburn and Nightmare Moon.

On the one hand, NMM/Daring has some hammy Foe Yay potential. On the other, I really need to stop putting mind control and psychological horror into every romance fic I write. So I think I'll sit this one out.

A few days too late for this contest, but I submitted a DaringShy to the group.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16