Seattle's Angels 2,656 members · 1,255 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Angelic Seattle
Group Admin

Do you like stories?

Do you want to help other people find good, underrated stories?

Do you want to die in glorious battle for your country?

Well if you said yes to the first two, and regardless of your answer for the third, then apply to the Seattle’s Angels today! Yes, you read that right, we are opening up recruitment for any and all who want to apply.

Ok, ok, that’s pretty sweet and all, but what actually has to be done, and how do I apply? I’m so glad you asked.

THE REQUIREMENTS
All applications are to be sent through a private message to our group account, Angelic Seattle. Any and all applications not sent to this account will NOT be considered

You must include AT LEAST two recommendations (reviews): one must be about a story you found on your own, and the other must be about one, and only one, of these stories:
Dusk Falls, by NorrisThePony
Long Road to Friendship, by The Albinocorn
Rise, by Blueshift
I Wish I Had Met You Yesterday, by 8686
Daring Do’s Adventures in Whackademia, by Posh
Forget Me Not, by Lupine Infernis
Severe Weather Appreciation Week, by Cold in Gardez
A Chonamare Hearth’s Warming, by Admiral Biscuit
Numbers, by The 24th Pegasus
Parlous, by Carabas

You may, if you desire, do more than just the two required recommendations (reviews) if you really want to help us get a sense of your voice. But you cannot do more than one from the above list.

I’d also like to clarify that we would prefer you not share the recommendation (review) you write from the list of stories above with anyone other than us unless permission is given otherwise. This is because in the event the author does not want 800 reviews of their work suddenly floating in the void that is the internet there aren’t. And also partly because it makes it a whole lot easier to keep track of which reviews are already out there and where you might have taken inspiration from, or if there is any plagiarism. Not that I feel that’d be much of anything to worry about, but I want a system in place.

Remember, we often call these reviews. But they are NOT critical reviews, they are recommendations featuring the highlights of the story. I don’t want to hear about how Timmy Billy Bob Joe Friedrich Johnson’s story is bad because the grammar is abysmal, everypony is so out of character it’s painful, and their OC King of the Universe Blackblayde Shadowspirit is overpowered and dating everypony. I want to hear about the good stories that got lost, the diamonds in the rough, the stories everyone should read but nobody has heard of yet. Because that is what we are about.

So go ahead and apply now! The deadline will likely be Review Round 163, which is in about 1 month from today (roughly November 22nd).

Amendments:
Responsibilities of the Angels: So how it works is we do a round every two weeks, four stories reviewed, two reviewers per round, whoever is available and feels like volunteering first gets to do the round. So tl;dr, just try to get stuff done by the deadline for the round you picked.

You will also need to be able to use Discord, which is free btw, because that's where we do all our planning.

Huh.

What prompted this?

~Skeeter The Lurker

I've no interest in putting in for this, but you might hail unexpected results if you also post this over in the Shameless Self-Promotion Bureau. Best to tap as much talent as possible, eh?

Before I enter, I'd like to know what exactly my responsibilities as a member. Are there a certian amount if recommendations per week we need to submit? Are there group projects? Do we go undercover and fight crime is sexy leather, and if not can I do that anyway?

Matthewl419
Group Admin

We felt like expanding the roster, didn't really have any ideas about inviting people privately, thought we'd see what the community could offer. You know, finding the hidden gems and all that.

Thanks for the input, we'll be expanding where we put the ad soon. Just wanted to do it here first.

Oh yeah, that's a fairly important thing to state. So how it works is we do a round every two weeks, four stories reviewed, two reviewers per round, whoever is available and feels like volunteering first gets to do the round. So tl;dr, just try to get stuff done by the deadline for the round you picked, and fight all the crime while wearing leather pants you want.

I will amend the OP with this information as well, thank you for asking!

Sensible. As an Admin over at SSPB (Yes, I promoted my own Group in here; that's how shameless we are!) I wholeheartedly support this decision. I'm excited to see Seattle's Angels back at pique force.

Comment posted by Nyronus deleted Oct 24th, 2019

I may go ahead and do this. Dunno for sure though, times right right now.

On the group description, it says that stories with low views helps. But what does it mean by "low"? Because I have a few stories that I found on my own that I'd like to review, but I don't if they qualify for this group.

From the submission thread:

No more than 1000 views; the lower the views, the higher the chance of consideration. Author popularity and age of story also factor into the decision process.

--Sweetie Belle

Angelic Seattle
Group Admin

For the official rounds we have a view cap of 1500, weird that the description says 1000. For the purposes of the application, however, you don't need to worry about the view count too much, if at all.

Professor Plum
Group Admin

The reason why it says 1000 is because that was the soft cap for years. We were willing to stretch to 1500 at times, but the idea was to aim below 1k.

Of course, that may no longer be the case, and if so, would need updating.

I have no intentions of joining this, as I simply do not have the time available. That being said, if I find a story I think is good for this group, would it be alright to message it to one of the mods?

Probably a good idea to figure out whether it's still at 1k or 1.5k, then.

if you do need to update it, you may just need to start a new recommendation thread, though, and unpin that one. The person who posted it hasn't been on the site since 2018.

It's usually a good idea to replace orphaned admin posts anyways, just in case you need to do updates...

Probably a good idea to use the template in the first post if you're going to put a recommendation in the recommendation thread...

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15