So, after becoming kind of obsessed with a certain video game (which admittedly I haven't played but I've seen walkthroughs), I decided I'm going to do a bit of a crossover of it, but perhaps a bit different from the few that are already on here. As far as hints on which game I'm speaking of...
1. It's basically a game-story about stories.
2. There's a narrator who talks to the player character often.
3. It has a lot of humor.
4. It has many divergent paths and endings.
5. It brings up questions of who's really in control.
6. It takes place in an office building.
7. The number 8 appears several times.
And the final and most obvious hint:
8. The opening line of the game is: "This is the story of a man named Stanley."
Planned fic title: The Equestria Parable.