• Published 17th Apr 2013
  • 1,012 Views, 49 Comments

The Judgment - Gabriel LaVedier



Not every mode of ease is easy to choose.

  • ...
7
 49
 1,012

Juror #5

Pinkie Pie had chosen the perfect spot for her consideration. The kitchen. She had spiced up Twilight's small, utilitarian kitchen with more appropriate contents, including a larger refrigerator and freezer, more shelf and cupboard space, a mixer, a larger oven, a larger utensil set and a much, much bigger supply of ready ingredients. She didn't mean to subtly take over Twilight's home in that way, but Twilight was nice about it, and actually appreciated the change. Plus, Pinkie had added the large private bathroom to Sugarcube Corner for their private use.

Her paper and stamps were all but forgotten, set aside for the much more important task of mixing up batter for a cake. Just a small cake, of course. Three layers, nothing too crazy. Just a 'We made a decision!' cake, or possibly a 'We didn't make a decision!' cake. She had everything covered, she could write really, really fast, right before bringing the cake out. All she needed was the right frosting plus something that stood out for the letters.

A tiny, little thought started tickling at the back of her mind. It was different from the little tickles that became Pinkie Sense twitches. This was her own brain reminding her she had a serious thing to remember. Not cake recipes, not frosting recipes, not cake construction, not adhesion capability, or calculations of structural stress and material strength. She had to remember the question that had sent her into seclusion with the somewhat-forgotten paper and stamps.

While the whisk whipped through the batter Pinkie had to struggle to understand what was being asked. She always did her best to hide it behind comedy and distractions but she was not very well-educated. She was raised in the Cannonite community and was not very focused on what education she had gotten. Even getting her liberty she had never needed much education. She had a certain practical knowledge that she used in her job, but not the kind of deep and sophisticated knowledge that Twilight had.

She wasn't stupid, and Twilight had worked hard to make her even smarter. A night of making love almost seemed like a day in a classroom. The little whispers that Twilight made as they were intimate were very educational, to say nothing of the actual lessons that Twilight gave now and then. It was good all that had happened. According to Twilight an educated voting population was the backbone of a successful nation. She had to cast a vote and needed all the intelligence she could get.

If she voted 'yes' to having Twilight's babies things could be bad. But if she voted 'no' to having Twilight's babies it might make her sad, and Pinkie would surely be sad too. She had been raised to know that the sire was the father, like her own father. She knew that the law and society looked at the other mother as the sire, and she accepted it, like with some of the mares that came into Sugarcube Corner. She did too. Dinky's sire was Carrot Top, Pinchy's sire was Colgate. But she had a chance to make it more than just something everypony understood.

Twilight and her, combined into one. But... only fillies. No colts. She had always thought about having one of each, or even more. She only had sisters, and always wondered what it would have been like to have had a brother. She'd want her own children to have siblings of different genders. But... she'd really love to have a baby with Twilight. A baby that was part Twilight and part her. They deserved to have a mix of the two of them. The combination would be wonderful.

There were other concerns, about stallions, and colt cuddlers being treated badly. She had missed most of it. But she didn't want that! Gustave LeGrand and Donut Joe were both colt cuddlers. They made the most adorable couple and made really good food together. She did want them to get hurt by anything, even on accident. And she liked having stallions around, it meant she could throw different kinds of parties.

She put all of the focus she could muster into the consideration of what she could understand from all the long speeches and explanations that Twilight had given her. She had to distill the points down to shorter and easier thoughts but she was really considering them. No colts, but she could have Twilight's foal, and Twilight could have hers. If the rest of the Principality really, really wanted to do it it might make there be fewer stallions and make things bad for colt cuddlers.

Pinkie did her usual multitasking, pouring the cake batter out and sliding the cake pans into the oven, measuring out the powdered sugar for the frosting and looking over her piece of paper. She picked up a stamp, sifted together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder, inked the stamp, chopped the butter and stamped her ballot.