• Published 11th Oct 2013
  • 17,419 Views, 595 Comments

She Knows How To Treat A Lady - MysteriousStranger



When Trixie unexpectedly arrives to Ponyville in a bad shape, Rarity, as generous she is, decides to help her.

  • ...
36
 595
 17,419

The First Date

Trixie woke up with the sound of a plate being placed on a table. She sat up and noticed that she was covered by her cape.

“Good morning, Trixie! I hope you’re hungry because I’ve made my specialty!” The blue Unicorn turned her head to find Rarity next to the table with breakfast ready. “You came back pretty late last night…” Rarity seriously added.

“You waited for me?” Trixie asked both confused and happy, did Rarity care that much about her?

“My apologies, but you decided to take a walk at night and you left me standing. I wanted to make sure you made it back safely. And, it was a bit cold last night so I covered you with your cape…” The fashionista said before staring at her hoof scuffing in the ground. She was slightly blushing. Trixie noticed it and smiled while she stood up.

“I… appreciate it, Rarity… you… you are…” But she got interrupted by the bathroom door opening and Sweetie Belle coming from it.

“Hi, miss Trixie! How are you doing?”

“Hi there, Sweetie Belle?” The showmare surprisely said. “I didn’t know you were here.”

“I decided to pay a surprise visit so… surprise!” The filly said with excitement.

Trixie giggled and smiled at the little Unicorn. “It is good to see you again.” Trixie added.

“She knocked the door this morning and asked me if she could stay for the day, I couldn’t say no.” Rarity said explained.

“I see…” The magician pony said. But when she was about to say something else, her belly growled.

“Somepony is hungry!” The fancy Unicorn said before giggling.

“I didn’t have dinner yesterday…” Trixie blushed of embarassment. Then, she blushed harder she remembered why she didn’t have dinner and the events of last night. Rarity must have noticed it because she spoke nervously.

“Do… I… Why don’t we have brekfast, I mean, breakfast!”

“Are you okay, sis?” Sweetie Belle asked with a confused tone.

“Huh? Y-Yes, I’m fine! Come on, let’s eat!” With that said, the three ponies headed to the table and sat. Trixie levitated her hat and put it on the couch, next to her cape. Ten minutes after they started eating, Rarity spoke again. “So… Where did you go last night Trixie?”

The showmare quickly raised her eyes from the food to see Rarity. “Oh…” Trixie said as she raised her head. “I ended up at Sparkle’s library for some reason; she seemed to be on a date with, umm… Fluttershy?”

“Mhm, that’s her name. I hope you gave them some privacy.” The white pony was smiling during the entire conversation.

“I tried, but Sparkle called me and insisted me on joining them. I didn’t feel good, I knew I was invading…” Trixie spoke with sadness.

Rarity got confused. “Twilight shouldn’t have done that, it was a date not a meeting with friends…” She spoke with seriousness.

“I know, I tried to give them space but she kept talking to me.” Trixie sighed. “But, at least I found a place to live.”

“You did?!” Rarity excitedly exclaimed.

“Yes, I’m going to live with Fluttershy, she agreed to let me live with her.” The magician pony smiled slightly.

“That is wonderful!” Rarity wasn’t sitting anymore, her rear legs were on the floor and her forelegs on the table. She was about to trot towards Trixie and hug her but Sweetie Belle spoke.

“Wait a minute… you’re moving out? Why?” The crusader asked, both sad and confused.

Rarity looked at her younger sister and spoke warmly. “You see, Sweetie Belle, I asked her to move for personal reasons. It is not because I don’t like her or anything like that, I’ll explain it to you later.”

“Why can’t you do it now?” Sweetie Belle sadly asked.

“Because… I can’t. I promise to explain it later, Sweetie, but not now alright?” Rarity said, trying not to sound impatient and with a smile on her face.

“Okay…” The young Unicorn looked down at her plate, sad. The fancy Unicorn could notice her sister's mood. She then looked at Trixie and realized that she was staring at her like saying Why didn’t you tell her? Rarity moved her lips, gesticulating I’ll tell her later, I need time.

After breakfast, Trixie put on her cape and hat. She was ready to go.

“The great and powerful Trixie…” Rarity said, staring at her guest for the last time with a smile. “Only now I like how it sounds, but I hope your ego doesn’t come to light again…”

“I learnt a lot the days I was here, it won’t come back. Thank you for your generosity, Rarity.” Trixie was smiling and slightly blushing; she really liked the blue eyes of the mare she had in front of her, and the smile made her heart skip a beat. An awkward silence followed in which both of them stared at each other’s eyes, but Trixie was the one to break it. “So… I better get going now…”

“Wait!” Rarity suddenly exclaimed, scaring both herself and Trixie. “Sorry… Wait here, I want to give you something!” She said before rushing to her workplace, Trixie didn’t even have time to sit down and Rarity was back with a box that looked like a present. “I’ve… made this for you… I would love if you wore it for our date… I have also put your coat and hood in there.” The marshmallow coated pony said, blushing madly. Trixie took it with her magic.

“I’ll gladly wear it… Are you free tonight?” Trixie asked, smiling.

“I’m afraid not, I have to look after my sister. How about tomorrow?”

“Sounds perfect.” Once again, both mares got lost in each other’s gazes, and this time it was Rarity who broke the silence.

“You can also take this.” She said, magically taking Little Mares and putting it on the present. “I know how much you like it.” Trixie’s smile became wider and she could feel her eyes watering.

“Thank you… I don’t know what to say…”

“You have until tomorrow night to think on something.” The fancy Unicorn giggled after that.

Trixie joined her. “Yeah…” Trixie wanted to hug her, but she promised to treat Rarity like she deserved, like a lady. She had to wait until after they were officially dating, if the date was a success. “I’ll see you later, Rarity.” The fashionista couldn’t hold herself and hugged Trixie, not like a friend, but like something more. Rarity closed her eyes, enjoying the soft fur of Trixie’s.

“Goodbye, Trixie… I’m looking forward to our date…” The showmare hugged her back like Rarity did; she could feel her own cheeks boiling. Seconds later, they broke the hug, and Trixie headed to the door. When she opened it, she found Twilight on the other side with her hoof risen. Apparently, she was about to knock on the door.

“Twilight?” Rarity confusedly asked. “What are you doing here, darling?”

“I came for Trixie!” The librarian excitedly said, putting her foreleg back on the ground. “I wanted to accompany her to Fluttershy’s!”

“Sparkle, you shouldn’t’ have bothered…” The magician pony tried to say something more, but she was interrupted.

“I insist. Let me help you with your luggage." Twilight was still smiling.

“No, it is fine really. I can handle it.” However it was no use, Twilight was already taking Rarity’s gifts.

“Follow me, Trixie…”

“Wait!” The magician pony exclaimed. “I don’t want to be seen, could I use my hood to…”

“Don’t worry Trixie, I’ll teleport us there!”

“Teleport? You can do tha...?” Before Trixie could finish the sentence, Twilight’s horn started to glow and moments later, they disappeared in a flash, leaving Rarity alone by her door.

“Twilight… what was that?” The white pony said before entering her home. “Sweetie, you're still in the bathroom? Are you feeling okay?”

***

Twilight and Trixie reappeared some meters away from Fluttershy’s cottage. The lavender Unicorn put Trixie’s belongings on the ground.

“Thank you, Sparkle, but you didn’t have to do it.” Trixie said.

“I don’t mind, it was a pleasure.” Twilight said and turned her head to see Trixie. “Listen, Trixie, I came here for a reason, there’s something I need to ask you.”

“What is it?” The blue Unicorn asked.

“Fluttershy is very kind and shy, don’t walk over her please, let her help you but don’t let her go too far, okay?” Twilight spoke with a serious tone, frowning and staring directly onto Trixie’s eyes.

“I won’t, don’t worry, I won’t let her be too kind to me.” The showmare said, surprised for Twilight’s sudden change of mood. Twilight stared at Trixie for a few more moments before smiling all of the sudden again.

“Thanks! Now, I have to go, I only wanted to tell you that.”

“Okay, goodbye, Sparkle and thanks!”

“You’re welcome and please, call me Twilight!” The bookworm pony said before teleporting again. Trixie looked at the place where Twilight had just disappeared for a few seconds before turning away and heading to the cottage with her presents, once there, she knocked on the door and waited. The door opened moments later but Trixie saw nopony. She looked down and saw a bunny angrily staring at her before slamming the door on her nose. The blue Unicorn stood still, awkwardly looking around while she decided if she should leave or try again. Her answer came when she heard a voice coming from the other side of the door.

“Who was it, Angel?” The door barely opened seconds later, the shy pony only showed half of her head. “Yes? Oh, Trixie!” Fluttershy exclaimed as she opened the door. “I… I forgot that you were coming.” She added, not moving from her spot.

Trixie smiled slightly and levitated her belongings. “Don’t worry about it.” She said as she entered.

“D-Do you want me to help you?” the timid Pegasus shyly asked.

“No, thank you, I can do it myself.” Trixie politely said, not believing herself that she spoke nicely to other ponies besides Rarity and her sister. Maybe the time she stayed with her caused that some of her elegance got to her? She put her stuff down and looked around; the place looked comfortable and had more space that the Carousele Boutique and she liked the wooden style, but she still missed Rarity’s place. Continuing looking around she found the white bunny angrily staring at her but he gave her his back when he was seen. Finally, Trixie looked back at Fluttershy. “You have quite a place, Fluttershy.” She said with a friendly tone.

“Thank you…” Fluttershy timidly said. “I’ll take you to the guest’s room.”

Trixie followed Fluttershy to her new room. When they arrived, the Pegasus opened the door and let Trixie go in first and she walked in after her. The Unicorn took a few seconds to look around, there was a single bed but it was slightly larger than normal beds, a night table with its lamp and a wardrobe. It had also a window.

“So, what do you think...?” Fluttershy worriedly asked, afraid that her new guest didn’t like the room.

“It’s… perfect. I love it!” Trixie happily said as she sat on the bed to feel its comfort. It was more comfortable than her old bed and way more comfortable than a couch.

“I’m glad you like it, I didn’t always have this room, but I decided to add it ever since Sweetie Belle and her friends started to stay overnight here more often, which is why the bed is larger than the normal ones. And I’m also glad that you found your way here.” Fluttershy quietly spoke, looking down, she spoke too much, she just knew she blew something up.

“I noticed that the bed is larger… and, I actually didn’t know how to get here… luckily Sp- I mean, Twilight brought me here.” The timid pony’s ears peaked when she heard her marefriend’s name and quickly raised her head to see Trixie.

“Twilight was here? Did she say something?” Fluttershy excitedly said.

“She just asked me to be nice to you before leaving in a hurry.” Trixie said smiling, happy for having a conversation with the yellow Pegasus. Fluttershy’s ears went down again and she looked down once more.

“Oh, nothing else…?” She asked disappointed.

“No… she seemed to be in a rush.” The magician pony got a bit sad for some reason.

Fluttershy’s thoughts were filled of her marefriend not showing that she cared for her and Rarity not telling her that she liked Trixie. She looked up once again seconds later; she could at least kill one of those thoughts. “H-How long… did you and Rarity had f-feelings for each other…?”

“Well...” Trixie blushed slightly. “I liked her for around week, but, she just realized her feelings towards me last night.”

“Just last night? Oh, that’s a relief! Sorry, but I was wondering why she didn’t tell me before.”

“I heard that you two always tell each other everything.”

“Yes. We decided not to hide anything from each other after an unpleasant event we had with a famous photographer.”

“That’s nice. I never had anypony to tell anything since I was a filly.”

“You poor thing, I’m so sorry to hear that...” Trixie just nodded while she looked down. Now that she met ponies that cared for her, she realized how empty her life was during all the years she was alone. She didn’t wish to be that lonely pony again. After more moments of silence, Trixie decided to finally open the gift Rarity gave her. She took her time to open it, savoring every moment until she finally opened the box and her jaw dropped. “Wow…!”

“What…?” The shy pony asked as she slowly got closer to Trixie and took a look inside the box. “That’s a beautiful dress! Did Rarity made it for you?” Trixie just nodded not looking away from her new dress, but she suddenly raised her head straight forward, worried.

“Oh no! I have to make a reservation on a restaurant for tomorrow night!” She then turned to see Fluttershy, her face full of panic. “I must head out!” She added almost yelling before galloping outside her room and the cottage. “What was I thinking? Tomorrow night?! I won’t find any fancy restaurant to make a reservation!” Trixie’s voice became less audible as she galloped away, leaving the timid Pegasus confused.

“What was all that about…?”

The night of the date

“I think my hair isn’t right! I better look in the mirror… Opalescence, do you think this is too much?” Rarity was trotting around her boutique, being careful to not ruin the new dress she made especially for this occasion; the dress Rarity donned was a dark pink, one that contrasted against her coat beautifully. She was wearing similarly colored gloves on her forelegs, made by the finest of fabrics. Her hair was put up in a neat bun, too. The white pony knew that her hair was perfect, but as the time for the date got closer, the more nervous and unsure she became. “I’m a mess! I can’t go out like this, but I don’t have any more time left, Trixie will be here any moment!” Opalescence ignored her owner and tried to get back to sleep, but Rarity was making so much noise that the cat ended up leaving the room. Somepony knocked at the door moments later.

It was time.

“Forget it! She’s here!” The fancy Unicorn exclaimed before heading to the door. She moved her hair a bit more before opening the door. “Greetings, Trixie, I’m… for Luna, you look... beautiful!”

Trixie blushed hard. She was wearing the dress Rarity made for her. The dress itself was absolutely fabulous. It was bright and had sparkling purple that brought out Trixie's eyes just like Rarity wanted, its studded jewels accentuating her best features. She'd even put her hair up for the occasion, which made her seem all the more different from the magician pony Rarity knew her to be. “Thank you…” The showmare said, gazing at her date’s eyes. Rarity's heart started to race. Trixie was the only mare who managed to do that. “You look gorgeous.” Trixie added after taking a look at her date. The magician pony took one of Rarity’s forelegs and leaned her lips towards it, stopping inches away from it and kissing the air, making Rarity blush hard. She could swear that she was about to melt. Trixie really put effort on this to learn such protocol.

“Thank you…” Rarity said, looking at Trixie’s purple eyes as soon she let her foreleg go and raised her head.

“W-We should get going, the restaurant is strict with their schedule.” Trixie said before she could get lost in her crush’s eyes and lose track of time.

“Oh, right! I apologize.” The fashionista said smiling sheepishly and got out, closing the door behind her. Both mares started to walk towards the restaurant walking very close to each other.

“So, how did you get a reservation from one day to the other?” Rarity asked after some minutes of silence.

“Trixie has her charm.” The magician pony said smiling proudly, but Rarity looked at her smiling suspiciously with a look that said: No, really. Trixie’s smile faded. “There was a cancellation just before I arrived, I got lucky.” The white pony giggled.

“I knew it.” Rarity giggled, causing Trixie to smile, Rarity’s giggles were music for her; she liked everything about her and was still wondering how she didn’t see that before. The more she stared at her, the more she wanted to hug and kiss her. But she made a promise and she wasn’t going to break it, Rarity is a lady and she must be treated as such.

Eventually they got to the restaurant. The blue Unicorn said her name and they were directed to their seats with a waiter attending them immediately. They were close to the pianist. The mares chose their plates and gave the menus to the waiter who bowed at them and headed to the kitchen. He got back a couple of minutes later and filled their cups. The mares thanked him and took a sip.

“Delicious, this is the fanciest restaurant around, you really got lucky Trixie!” Rarity commented as she put her cup on the table.

“I think I did, but I don’t think it will happen again.” Trixie said smiling and looking at Rarity. “You don’t have to worry, Twilight gave me some bits and I’ll be able to afford it.”

“Oh, I can pay, don’t worry.” The fancy Unicorn said, shoving her foreleg.

“But…”

“I insist, don’t worry. I’ll let you pay next time.”

“Next time?” The magician pony’s eyes raised in surprise.

“If this date goes well then yes, there will be a next time.” The fashionista said, gazing at Trixie. “There will most likely be a second date, if you really are willing to change.” She added with her forelegs holding her chin.

“I am!” Trixie firmly said. “I’m a different pony, I’ll change for you! I did change for you...”

“Prove it.” The fancy Unicorn said smiling just as their order arrived.

“Bon apetit!” The waiter said after he put the dishes on the table.

“Thank you.” Rarity looked at the waiter when she thanked him who bowed and left. Rarity, then, started to eat.

“How can I prove it to you?” The showmare asked without starting to eat. Rarity put her fork on the far right side of the plate, pausing from eating.

“Well…” Rarity stopped to clean her mouth with a napkin. “You can start by apologizing to my friends and the rest of Ponyville for your actions in the past.”

The magician pony inclined her head, showing confusion. “But that happened years ago, everypony surely forgot.”

“You slaved Ponyville last time you were here, that’s not easy to forget.” The fashionista said with seriousness. “If you really want to prove me that you have changed, then I suggest you to start from there.”

Trixie thought for a few moments and took a sip from her glass before sighing. “Alright, I’ll do it… I’ll start with your friends tomorrow…” She said before magically taking hold of a fork.

“Not that one, darling, that’s the dessert fork. Use the other one.” Trixie obeyed, but not before mentally cursing the quantity of forks, but her smile didn't fade.

***

Rarity and Trixie were heading back to the Carousel Boutique after leaving the restaurant. Trixie had offered to pay again but she didn’t get positive results.

“The dinner was wonderful, Trixie, thank you very much.”

“I think you should be thanking the chefs, they were the ones who cooked.” Trixie giggled.

“But, you chose the place, and it was a wise choice if you allow me to say, I absolutely adored it!”

“I’m glad you did, I’ve never ate so well before!”

“And the service, it was magnificent!” Rarity added. “The waiter was always with a smile, the plates were made to perfection, not to mention the music!”

“Yeah…” the magician pony said in a relaxed tone and stared at Rarity. The fancy Unicorn didn’t notice her, she had her eyes closed and she was humming one of the songs the pianist played that night. Trixie saw an opportunity and walked closer to her companion, only inches were between them. This time Rarity noticed and turned her head only to find Trixie’s face close to her. Both mares were blushing.

“Wh-what are you doing?” Rarity nervously asked with a smile on her face.

“I’m sorry, but I needed to admire you closer… you trurly are incredibly beautiful.” Trixie was lovingly gazing at Rarity, who looked away blushing madly.

“Trixie, how do you do that? I never felt like this before, I had fell in love in the past but you are different… you truly like me, don’t you?” She gazed back at Trixie as she finished speaking.

The magician pony smiled more. “I do… I thought that it was clear.” Trixie softly said.

“I was just checking.” Rarity said as they both stopped walking since they had arrived their destination. Rarity stood in front of her date.

“Thanks again for the lovely date, I had a wonderful time with you. I’ll see you tomorrow.” The fashionista walked a few steps to the door when Trixie stopped her.

“Wait! I need you to answer me something before you go.” Rarity slowly turned her body to see Trixie before speaking.

“Yes?”

The magician pony looked down and scratched the back of her head before putting her hoof back on the ground and talk. “Are we… officially dating? I mean… are we…?” There was no doubt that she was nervous and she couldn’t find the right words.

Rarity, seeing this, walked closer to her until their noses were almost touching. Trixie could feel her heart skipping faster and faster; she feared that it might fly out her chest while she waited for Rarity’s response. The fashionista played with her and took her time before opening her mouth and giving Trixie the answer she wanted to hear.

“Yes, we are officially dating, Trixie. You managed to convince me that you are a different pony and that you wish to change for me, but, most importantly, you got me to fall for you. I’ll give you a chance.” If Trixie tried to smile wider, she could get her mouth paralyzed. She wanted to skip around, to yell of happiness, but all her emotion was shown on a tear that fell from one of her eyes, a tear of happiness. She raised one of her forelegs and tried to reach Rarity’s cheek to caress it, but the fancy Unicorn kissed her on her cheek, leaving Trixie’s hoof in the air and her jaw dropped. When Rarity saw that, she giggled and put Trixie’s hoof down.

“Good night, Trixie" Rarity softly said, putting Trixie’s jaw back up. She then turned again and headed to the door, opening it and getting inside. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” She added before closing the door. Trixie stood still where she was for several moments, she was so happy that she forgot how to walk. When she remembered how to, she made her way back to Fluttershy’s cottage, humming the songs of the pianists.

Author's Note:

So it begins… I’m just getting started folks, there’s still a long way to go! :D
To you know who you are: There’s Opal! Happy? XD
I want to thank my secret proofreader for checking this chapter before its release! :)
Also, here's a little artwork from the date scene :)

Link to the picture.