• Published 16th Apr 2013
  • 6,819 Views, 407 Comments

My Little Bubble Bath: Alicorns take very long bubble baths - CosmicAfro



Celestia and Luna take a bubble bath which soon spawns into a game that takes three days to resolve.

  • ...
13
 407
 6,819

Journals, Day 1 (Evening)

Near end of Day 1
Luna’s Journal

Slow to no progress.

Celestia has trained her guards well, they maintain their position well for defense and play against our weaknesses. They are quick to recognize opportunity and even quicker to take it. My only sanction is myself and my guards’ guerrilla tactics. Hiding behind walls, using optical illusions with no magic, and using pure wit, they were clearly great candidates for my team.

I do hate to admit though… I may have encouraged them as well by spoiling a secret or two of theirs should they fail me. My employees always share the most interesting of secrets with me during their initiation. One such guard, Penumbra, admitted that she had affections for me amongst other… odd things. I had to reject her, but I put her down easy. I would like to think we’re close friends, but nothing more than that. As for my two subjects before me, Poe and Eclipse, they have much… oh the tabloids use this term but I feel it’s appropriate, much juicier histories. Poe flinches at the word Raven. It’s quite hilarious, actually.

I’m going to ask Celestia to turn off the water heater. The steam is becoming too thick and the bubbling water underneath is becoming bothersome. Once this is done, the bath bubbles will start to lose their effect and become regular soap over the course of two days, given the amount of liquid entered into the tub from the accident. This sense of urgency should further push us. Knowing us, we could keep this up until eternity ends. But neither us nor our kingdom has that kind of time. I imagine the guards’ wills will expire shortly after the first two days. When it becomes just between the two of us, I imagine the real battle will commence.



Celestia’s Journal

End of Day 1

Hours of wasted time and effort. Her bubbly court is too contrived with too many obstacles, making it a hassle to progress. And whatever my guards make in terms of going across, it is instantly lost by those… admittedly clever guards of hers. I don’t think we’ll be ending this game any time soon. I know that Twilight will be joining me again after greeting and becoming adjusted to the royal duties of princess hood in two days’ time.

General Bulwark once advised me that there was no such thing as an unfair tactic. Either it works, or it does not. Results are key. I may have to take such drastic actions tomorrow if we keep this up. If I can remove Luna’s guards, even just one, we can take ultimate victory.

As I look atop my soap tower, I see her blue mane near the same writing desk as I am doing. I wonder what she’s writing about…