• Published 14th Apr 2013
  • 2,376 Views, 111 Comments

Twilight's Experiments: The War of Mann Co. - MIKEANTHONY321



A cast of nine characters have ended up teleported into the world of Team Fortress 2, and are forced to fight each other on either side! RED or BLU?

  • ...
12
 111
 2,376

Mann vs. Machine Mode (Part 1)

Final Battle Arena: Mannworks (Mann vs. Machine)


In a brilliant flash of light, all the ponies were sent to Mannworks Shipping Facility to begin the fight. They were all dazed at first, blinking their eyes and shaking their heads.

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie were among the first to come to. Everyone else followed shortly after.

Looking around, the ponies noticed that they were in a garage room of some sort. Some slide-open doors lied at the front, leading to the outside world. Some windows gave them the view around them.

Ignoring the two UPGRADE stations on both sides of the garage, the ponies walked outside to take a look at where they were going to be fighting.

………………………………
I highly recommend that you listen to this! It sets the mood.
The Calm
………………………………

As soon as they left the garage, they were hit by a moderate breeze. The sun was on the far side of the sky. However, it was blocked by the brigade of thick, dark clouds that covered the horizon.

The ponies’ mouths dropped when they spotted the cliff on the other side of the map. A large alien-looking ship was parked on the ledge, headlights ablaze. A large hatch was on the front, which was currently wide-open. On its top, several satellite dishes and electromagnetic sensors spun around, giving off quiet beeps as they monitored the horizon.

Fluttershy gulped.

Their session of wonder and awe was suddenly interrupted when the announcer spoke over their headsets.

“Hurry, find an UPGRADE station! Prepare for operation Mannslaughter!”

Mannslaughter? That didn’t sound good.

“Hey y’all, over here!” Applejack gestured, pointing back toward the garage. The ponies followed her back to the garage.

Once they got there, they found two big UPGRADE stations on both side-walls of the room.

“Now how did we miss those?” Big Mac asked in a low voice.

………………………………

All of the ponies approached the two separate stations, and began to browse through their upgrade options.

The first thing that caught Twilight’s eye was the explosive headshot upgrade. It could be upgraded three times, and it cost 350 credits each time. However, she only had 400 to start with.

She shrugged, and purchased explosive headshot level 1.

She ran out into the battlefield in search of a good battlement for when the robots arrived. Once she had found a good ledge up near the front, she noticed Applejack setting up a sentry gun and a dispenser.

“What would y’all do without me?” Applejack playfully boasted.

As the other ponies finished their upgrades and moved toward the front lines, the announcer came onto their headset again.

“This is wave one of operation Mannslaughter. I will now give you the list of robots that you’ll be up against.”

The announcer listed the upcoming robot force. For wave one, the ponies were going to be up against 7 giant Demo-bots, 12 Pyro-bots, 28 Steel-Heavy-bots, as well as Spy-bots and Sydney-Sniper-bots for support.

Twilight sighed. “This is not going to be fun…”

“Pfft, that’s nothing. Watch me take them all out with my bare hooves.” Rainbow Dash bragged.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea, Rainbow. What if…”

“Oh shut up, Twilight. I highly doubt you’ll be able to save the day with your stupid jars of piss.” Rainbow Dash scoffed.

Twilight lurched forward, and grabbed Rainbow Dash by her red t-shirt. Rainbow Dash cried out in surprise.

“No, how about you shut up? It’s about time you stop being such a cocky jerk, Rainbow. You’re not nearly as strong as you think you are. If you don’t knock this off, we’re all going to die!” Twilight scolded.

“Get your nasty hooves off of me! I can kill all of these robots by myself!” Rainbow Dash demanded.

“No, Rainbow. You can’t. You always act you’re a big shot, but the truth is, you’re not. Why do you think the Wonderbolts haven’t accepted you in their team in all these years? There are few things that you’ve actually accomplished in life. Everything else is just a big fake mass of ‘me, me, me’!” Twilight paused for a second, and balled up a fist. “If you don’t learn to fight like a team, our blood will be on your hooves!”

When Twilight was finished, she shoved Rainbow Dash away. Rainbow Dash stared back at her with a hurt expression on her face.

When Twilight glanced back at her, she noticed that Rainbow Dash had begun to cry.

“Wait, Rainbow, I didn’t mean…”

“Just stay the buck away from me, you stupid egghead!” Rainbow Dash cried. Before Twilight could say anything else, she took off running back toward the garage.

Rarity approached Twilight.

“Did you actually manage to make Rainbow Dash cry?” She asked in awe.

“Apparently so. I feel like such a bully…”

Rarity shrugged. “I think she deserved it. That taunt you pulled back at Nucleus was actually kind of funny.”

………………………………

Their conversation was interrupted when loud clanking footsteps echoed from the ship. The announcer spoke over their headsets.

“This is it! If they get that bomb to the hatchway, we’re all done for!”

Twilight hurried back to the battlement, while Rarity ran out into the battlefield with Big Mac. She put on a disguise, and prepared her Electro-Sapper.

“5…4…3…2…1…”

………………………………
This music isn't from TF2, but it makes a great final battle theme!
The Legend of Zelda: Koloktos/Moldarach
………………………………

As soon as the announcer said ‘1’, the robots appeared over the hill. All of the ponies gasped loudly once they came into view.

The first robots that came into view looked exactly like Pinkie Pie. Following closely behind was a massive Zecora bot that carried the bomb on its back.

The second the pony-bots dropped onto the battlefield, Applejack’s sentry gun began to pound them with bullets and rockets. The Pinkie-bots dropped rather quickly, but the Zecora-bot held strong. It rapid-fired grenades all over the battlefield while the ponies tried to stop it.

Pinkie Pie and Spike were blown up rather quickly. They wouldn’t respawn for another fifteen seconds.

Fluttershy, who had equipped the Kritzkrieg before the battle had started, Ubercharged Big Mac as he fired at the giant machine. Critical hits showered down on the giant bot until it exploded, dropping the bomb right on the ground. Credits were thrown into the air for the ponies to grab.

“Yes!” The ponies all cheered.

Unfortunately, immediately after, another giant Zecora-bot marched off the ledge. It was accompanied by about a dozen steel-fisted Big Mac bots.

Big Mac turned around, and fired at the second giant bomb-bot. Meanwhile, Applejack frantically whacked her sentry gun with her wrench as it continued to pepper the bots with bullets. She was supplied with metal by her dispenser.

“Attention Engineers! We’ve got a sentry-buster!” The announcer cried out over the headsets.

Right on cue, a giant bomb on legs jogged off the ledge, and began to approach Applejack. It ticked wildly like a primed time-bomb.

“A sentry-buster? What in the hay is a sentry-buster?” Applejack asked.

Her question was answered when the mobile-explosive made its way around the ledge, and up the stairs. It jogged up behind her.

It stopped as its head began to spin. It beeped rapidly.

Applejack turned around. “Hey, what the bu…”

The buster exploded, obliterating all of Applejack’s buildings. At the same time, it launched Applejack’s dead body clear across the map.

The ponies watched in horror as Applejack’s body flew over their heads. Now that the sentry gun was destroyed, their defenses were diminished.

The second giant Zecora-bot picked up the bomb. The steel Big Mac bots followed close behind.

Big Mac continued to fire at it while being healed by Fluttershy. The Zecora-bot noticed this assault, and turned around, rapid-firing grenades at him. He took massive damage, but was kept alive by Fluttershy.

Suddenly, the bot was blown to pieces by the sticky bombs that were placed on the ground. The real Zecora, who was standing nearby, chuckled to herself.

“I have found what makes you tick. Next time, find someone else to mimic.” She exclaimed.

“Thanks for the help!” Big Mac called. He and Fluttershy waved at her. She waved back.

As this was going on, another giant Zecora-bot and another half-dozen Pinkie-bots appeared off the ledge. Close behind were a few Twilight-bots, who were wielding Sydney-Sleepers.

Twilight was astonished that all the bots looked just like her and her friends. It almost felt weird killing them.

She took aim, and prepared to kill the identical assassin. But just as she got the scope to her eye, the bot fired first, and hit her right in the gut. Suddenly, she was covered in jarate.

“Oh look! G-g-ggot you right in the ovary!” The bot taunted, waving its robotic hoof in the air.

Okay, now it was just plain scary. How in Equestria was everything alike with these robots? It was almost like Gray Gravel Co planted a Spy to record their every move and word.

As Twilight lifted her rifle to finish off the sniper, she noticed Rarity backstab it from behind. She then jogged to the giant Zecora-bot, and planted a sapper, which slowed it down dramatically.

“Keep the headshots going, Twilight! I’m trying to hold them off!” Rarity called from the battlefield ground below.

Some of the Big Mac bots noticed Rarity from their location.

“I s-s-ssee a Spy!” They called out in a computer voice.

Before Rarity could make a cloaked escape, the Big Mac bots beat her to the ground with their steel fists. Twilight shuddered as she listened to Rarity’s agonizing cries.

……………………………….

By now, Applejack had respawned along with Pinkie Pie and Spike.

She used the teleporter that she had built before the battle, and made it to the front lines instantly. Getting out her tool box, she began a replacement sentry gun.

“Here come the Spies!” The announcer warned over the headset.

Big Mac came up the stairs, and stood next to Applejack as he fired bullets down onto the battlefield.

“Hey sis’, put a dispenser here if you can.” He suggested.

“I’m workin’ on it, big brother.” She hastily replied.

As Applejack worked, she noticed Big Mac get backstabbed right next to her. She turned quickly, and saw a Rarity-bot laughing behind his corpse.

“M-my my darling, you’re going t-t-tto have to be qu-quicker than that.” The bot taunted.

“Hey, don’t kill my big brother!” Applejack demanded. She turned toward the Rarity-bot, and beat it to death with her wrench.

After that little fit of rage, Applejack got back to work. With little effort, she got her second sentry gun to working order. Their main defense was restored.

She went to the ammo box to get more metal, and began to work on the dispenser that Big Mac had wanted.

She worked on two things at once. As the dispenser constructed itself, she worked to upgrade her sentry gun.

As she did so, the sentry gun continued firing. It managed to kill off the rest of the Pinkie Pie and Big Mac bots. At this point, all that remained were the giant Zecora-bots.

“Alert! Another sentry-buster has entered the area!” The announcer warned.

“Not this time.” Applejack whispered. She packed up the sentry gun into her toolbox, and took off with it on her shoulders.

The sentry-buster chased her. Once she was out of range of the giant Zecora-bots, she stopped dead for a couple seconds.

The sentry-buster ran right up to her, and began to detonate again. Right before it did so, however, Applejack began running again, narrowly missing the explosion.

Back up the stairs, through the building, back onto the front battlements, and on the outer ledge, Applejack put her sentry gun back down. It continued to fire at the giant Zecora-bots.

“All in a day’s work.” She chuckled.

At the same time, she used her shotgun to take down any other Rarity-bots that attempted to kill her or her friends.

………………………………

Meanwhile, Twilight was at war with the Sydney-Snipers. A few of them were attempting to destroy Applejack’s sentry gun, a few of them were sniping her teammates as they tried desperately to destroy the few remaining giant Zecora-bots, and a few of them were trying to snipe her.

Instead of lying down in one position, she was running back and forth, scoping and unscoping, trying to find a window of opportunity where she could focus enough to headshot them. Whenever she got hit, she would hide off to the side, and wait for the jarate to wear off. The last thing she needed was for her to get sniped while under the influence of mini-crits.

When her last chance came around, she quickly ran out, and finished off the last Twilight-bot. After the kill, she looked down below the battlement, and saw the last two giant Zecora-bots being crit-shot by Big Mac and Fluttershy.

She took one last aim, and fired at one of the Zecora-bot’s head. The explosive headshot upgrade caused an electric bolt to travel to the other bot, which killed them both. They dropped a load of credits, which Big Mac and Fluttershy picked up.

……………………………
Pause the music.
……………………………

“You’ve defeated the wave! Good. Hurry, find an UPGRADE station!” The announcer ordered.

Serious classes like Twilight and Zecora obeyed orders, and headed straight for the UPGRADE stations to prepare for the next wave. Other classes took some time to jump around and cheer about their victory.

The first thing Twilight did with her credits was finish upgrading her rifle’s explosive headshot. After that, she upgraded her rifle’s overall damage. Her strength was in her sniper rifle, so she figured she’d upgrade everything about it first.

Even in the garage, there was still no sign of Rainbow Dash.

“Dang it, where is Rainbow Dash? I didn’t mean to make her cry…”

“I’m not sure where she ran off to. However, I’m sure she’ll forgive you.” Zecora responded.

Twilight sighed, and ran back out into the battlefield to prepare for the second wave. As she left the garage, most other classes were just entering.

Once she had reached the battlement, the announcer listed the bots for the second wave. For this wave, the ponies would be up against 8 giant Soldier-bots, 100 Scout-bots, 28 Quick-Fix-Medic-bots, plus Sniper and Spy bots for support.

“Oh Celestia, why… This is impossible!” Twilight muttered to herself.

Fluttershy approached her.

“Are you okay, Twilight?” She asked.

“No. This is probably the most difficult legion of robots in Mann Co history. And what’s worse, I scared off Rainbow Dash!” Twilight replied.

“You actually scared off Rainbow Dash? I didn’t know you could do that…”

“I can’t believe it either.” Twilight turned to look at Fluttershy. “I think this world is changing us. I know I would never do that in Equestria, and I know Rainbow Dash would’ve never pushed me off the lift at Doomsday the way she did. It’s like we’re all developing a hard outer shell.”

Fluttershy thought for a moment. “Well, just think about me. Try to heal as much as you can, and only hurt when you absolutely have to. If you do that, the battle always goes your way!”

Twilight thought about that response deeply. Once she actually looked it over, it seemed to make sense.

“…Okay. I’ll try.”

“The robots are here! Protect Mann Co!” The announcer exclaimed.

The ponies returned to their respective battle positions, and got ready for round two of living hell.

“5…4…3…2…1…”

………………………………………
Resume the music.
………………………………………

Almost instantly, a massive barrage of Rainbow Dash bots came streaming over the hill. Their metallic mane and tail were painted all different colors to match Rainbow Dash’s colorful hair. All of them even had functional wings.

Overwhelmed by the sudden colorful blur of Rainbow Dash bots, Twilight fired off a frazzled bullet. It didn’t even touch one of them.

“Rarity, sap the Rainbow Dash bots so they’re easier to hit! We need to kill them before they start flying!” Twilight spoke over her headset.

“I’m trying……but…….too fast……” Rarity replied. Her voice was cut off by a wave of feedback from the radio. There were too many bots in the area, and the mechanisms on top of the robots’ ship weren’t helping.

The only ones who seemed to have a grip on the bots’ rapid speed were Applejack’s sentry gun and Big Mac. As Twilight tried to follow the rapid movement of bots, she noticed something. None of them were carrying the bomb.

“Hey, where’s the…”

She was cut off suddenly when she started getting beaten to death by a baseball bat. Before she could choke out a scream or a response, her skull was crushed in from the pressure of the metal instrument.

The Rainbow Dash bot standing behind her danced around wildly, flapping its aluminum wings.

“Hey, is a-a-anyone keeping track of my eggheads batted in? BOINK!” The bot taunted.

Applejack noticed the assault from a few feet away, and ran over to destroy the bot with her wrench. Shortly after doing so, however, she was overwhelmed by a horde of bots that swarmed her like a pack of angry wasps. They beat at her faster than she could even call for help.

Within seconds, the Rainbow Dash bots had also killed Applejack. They headed straight off to the right, and destroyed her sentry gun as well.

………………………………….

Spike continuously shot a barrage of rockets at the impending swarms of Rainbow Dash Scouts. Each time he hit one, the resulting explosion killed off a couple of them at a time.

Just seconds ago, he witnessed the death of Twilight and Applejack. Moments before, he had overheard their conversation. The million-bit question had also confused him as well. Where was the bomb?

Almost right on cue to answer his question, a giant Spike-bot came marching over the ledge with about a half-dozen Fluttershy bots healing him from close behind. Its motor revved as it leapt off the cliff, and onto the ground. The bomb rested firmly on its back.

Spike’s jaw went slack. He lifted up his helmet to get a better look.

“Sweet Celestia above……”

Fluttershy ran up behind him.

“What is it, Spike? What’s wrong?”

Right after asking, Fluttershy followed Spike’s gaze. Up ahead, she noticed the group of Fluttershy bots that were healing giant-Spike.

“Oh my……”

After staring in awe for a few seconds, Spike slowly lifted his rocket-launcher. Fluttershy, without saying a word, immediately set him up with the Kritzkrieg.

“Come on guys, we can’t do this alone!” Pinkie Pie called from the distance. She was spamming the Fluttershy bots with fire while Zecora tried to bomb the giant Spike bot.

“I’m charged, Spike! Do it!” Fluttershy yelled.

Answering her call, Spike opened fire on his rockets. Fluttershy immediately Ubercharged him, which granted him critical hits.

Spike shot rocket after rocket at his giant robotic clone. The critically-charged projectiles penetrated the armor of the giant bot, which seemed to slow it down drastically.

Obviously, the bot noticed this, and turned to look at Spike and Fluttershy. It shot one rocket, which hit Spike directly in the feet.

Spike was launched a few dozen feet into the air. He interjected for a brief moment, then worked to catch his balance. Once he had his focus, he shot a rocket down upon the giant Spike bot.

The rocket hit the bot directly, and blew it to smithereens. Large chunks of metal and extra shrapnel flew through the air as the bot was obliterated from the massive explosion. One down, seven to go.

Unfortunately, what little health Spike had left was lost when he hit the ground. He collapsed on impact, and dropped his rocket-launcher.

“It’s okay, Spike. You did good that time.” Fluttershy whispered over his corpse.

………………………………

“Alert! Their Spies are coming!” The announcer exclaimed over the ponies’ headsets.

Also, at the same time, several Twilight bots had made their way into the battlefield. They stood behind rocks and hidden corners, and raised their rifles to diminish their competition.

Rarity was running around disguised in the battlefield, going undetected by the robots. The second she saw the Twilight bots, she knew she had her chance.

She ran up behind them, and starting backstabbing them one by one. They all fell to the ground, dead as a pile of twisted metal.

The second she backstabbed the last one, she herself got backstabbed by her robotic clone. The clone of course had to do a taunt afterwards.

………………………………

A few more groups of Rainbow Dash bots leaked off the ledge as the battle continued. The first giant Spike bot had managed to get the bomb past the bridge, which was halfway through the map.

Joining them were two more giant Spike bots, each with their own healing force of Fluttershy bots.

All the ponies that were not waiting to respawn were firing everything they had at the giant Spike bots. Most of the Rainbow Dash bots were killed in the crossfire.

By this point, most, if not all Rainbow Dash bots were destroyed. Some of the ponies let out a sigh of relief, knowing that they weren’t going to be back for another wave.

As her teammates fired at the giant Spike bots, Twilight noticed something. A Rainbow Dash bot that they had missed had picked up the bomb, and was carrying it to the hatch.

“Wait, no!” She yelled.

She jumped off of the battlement, and ran with all of her might to catch up with the bot intruder. However, it was simply too fast.

“Alert, stop them from deploying the bomb!” The announcer exclaimed.

A loud siren echoed throughout the entire map. The ponies up front were confused.

The bot reached the hatch, and prepared to jump in.

“No! We can’t lose like this!” Twilight yelled anxiously.

Just before the bot jumped into the hatch, Rarity appeared behind it. She jammed her knife into its back, and it fell down with a metallic clunk.

“Oh Rarity…thank Celestia you happened to be standing there!”

“Oh darling, it wasn’t that much of a big deal. I was just leaving after respawning!” She explained.

“Well, if you hadn’t died, I’m sure we would’ve lost the battle!”

“It was no trouble at all. Now come on; our team needs us!”

Twilight and Rarity sprinted back into the battlefield, leaving the bomb to sit on the hatch unprotected.

………………………………

When Twilight had returned to the battlement, she noticed that the giant Spike bots were gone. She headed straight for Applejack.

“Hey Applejack, I have important information.” She stated.

“By the way Twi, in case you were wondering, we lost Pinkie Pie to the giant Spike bots. Just before she died though, she managed to burn both of them to death.” Applejack mentioned.

“Well okay, that’s good. Listen, I need you to build a disposable sentry gun over at the hatch. The bomb got left there, and if a Rarity bot notices it, it’ll surely end the battle for us without us even noticing.”

“Sure thing, Twilight. I’ll be back in a jiffy.”

Applejack took off running toward the hatch with her tool box in hoof. Twilight turned around, and prepared to snipe the last couple incoming giant Spike bots.

Both Fluttershy and Big Mac walked up the stairs and onto the battlements. Twilight turned to look at them.

“Twilight, I have an idea. I need you to headshot one of the Spike bots with the explosive upgrade.” Fluttershy ordered.

“Um…okay, I guess.”

Twilight lifted up her sniper rifle, and aimed it at one of the giant bots’ head. Fluttershy used her Kritzkrieg, and gave Twilight a fast Ubercharge.

Twilight headshot one of the giant Spike bots with a charged critical hit, which traveled to the other one via the explosive headshot. It dealt substantial damage to both of them.

Fluttershy then switched her Ubercharge over to Big Mac, who used the remaining critical charge to pepper the bots with crits. Finally, they both exploded from the assault.

……………………………….
Pause the music.
……………………………….

“You have beaten them back! For the moment. Get to an UPGRADE station!” The announcer exclaimed.

Twilight stopped for a moment, and listened closely to the announcer’s voice.

“What’s wrong, Twilight? We just won the wave!” Fluttershy asked.

“……I could’ve sworn I just heard Red Sniper’s voice in the background on that broadcast…”

“Well, I don’t think you should worry about it right now. We have to get to an UPGRADE station before wave three starts.” Big Mac suggested.

To be Continued…

Author's Note:

I wanted so badly to put all of this into one chapter, but it just got to be too dang long. Will they defeat the robot army? What surprises await? Was that really Red Sniper Twilight heard over her headset? Where's Rainbow Dash? These questions and many more will be answered in the next chapter! And boy, do I have a cliffhanger waiting for you there! >:)