• Published 13th Apr 2013
  • 2,209 Views, 48 Comments

Magical Mystery Cure (my take) - Phazon_Corrupted_Unicorn



Twilight finds a spell on friendship, then casts it on her and her friends. And after a huge argument, the spell activates, changing their lives forever. There's one more lesson they all need to learn, and Discord is there to help them.

  • ...
5
 48
 2,209

Day 2: Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie awoke early in the morning. She stretched as she rolled out of bed and a groan echoed through the room. Her wings, it was still a little weird to call them her wings, were sore from flying yesterday and the dream she had didn't help.

Pinkie smiled as her mind flashed back to a scene in the dream. It had been her and Oatmeal, the brown stallion sitting in Sugarcube Corner, talking about past days spent together. In her dream she’d had a gold earring hanging from her left ear and he’d had the same kind of earring from his left ear. She’d not wanted to wake up from the dream.

But as all good things, it had to end and she had to return to the real world. And as she got ready for the day, taking a shower and practicing smiling, she’d wondered where Oatmeal was. She hadn't seen him for several years, not since that Hearth’s Warming Eve before Twilight came to town.

She smiled at the thought of finding him again and telling him how she really felt as she bounced out the door to Sugarcube Corner and headed down the street toward Fluttershy’s cottage. As she bounced down the street, she waved at several of the ponies that were out and about this early, namely Carrot Top, the Doctor (Pinkamina could feel their heart pause for a second at the sight of him), and Derpy with Dinky by their side.

She continued to smile as she bounced down the lane and over the bridge until she settled down on top of Fluttershy’s doormat. She giggled a little at that phrase, then raised a hoof and knocked on the door.

She heard someone inside squeak, then she saw Fluttershy peek out the window and duck back behind the curtain. She smiled and waited for a few seconds before the door swung open and she bounced inside, seeing Fluttershy in the kitchen.

“Good morning Fluttershy! It’s a really nice day out! Rainbow Dash must have done a great job with the weather last night. Oops, that’s right! Rainbow Dash isn't a pegaus anymore, she’s a unicorn! Does that change her name? Maybe instead of Dash she could be Sparkle? No, that means that she’s married to Twilight and how silly would that be?” –Pinkie Pie gasped, a thought crossing her mind—“but maybe they want to be married! Now I’ll have to plan a wedding and a bachelorette party, or maybe two of those, and a reception and a—“ Pinkie would have continued if it weren't for the butter yellow hoof that found it’s way into her mouth.

“Pinkie,” Fluttershy sighed, though a small grin touched her lips, “it’s early in the morning. I need to feed my animals. I haven’t even had breakfast.”

“Oh,” Pinkie Pie gasped around Fluttershy’s hoof, “I’m sorry! I didn't know! I just figured that you’d been up a lot longer. I could help you make breakfast and tend your animals, if you don’t mind.”

Pinkie grinned as Fluttershy let her hoof fall away from her mouth and she glanced around the room as Fluttershy stood there for a few seconds. Then Pinkie was pulled back to reality when she heard Fluttershy squeak out an answer.

“Um, well, sure. I mean if you don’t mind, that is,” she said, timidly.

“Sure, I never mind helping a friend!” Pinkie bounced into the kitchen and smiled at Angel as she passed. She began pulling out knives and bowls, then started to layer lettuce leaves in the bottom of each bowl. She could feel Fluttershy watching her and she smiled slightly. Pinkamina giggled, a feat most unbecoming of her and she could feel Pinkamina smile as well. She heard Fluttershy sit down at the table and she glanced behind her to see the yellow pony fixing Angel a salad.

They finished their preparations quickly with the two of them working at it and Fluttershy delivered a heaping salad to Angel, who smiled as it was placed in front of him. They then turned to feeding the rest of Fluttershy’s animal friends. Fluttershy fed the ones she could reach from the ground while Pinkie Pie flew overhead and fed the ones just out of Fluttershy’s reach.

Once they were done, Fluttershy trotted back into the kitchen and started preparing a salad for herself and Pinkie Pie.

“So Pinkie, what brings you over this early in the morning?” Fluttershy asked as she placed leaves of lettuce in a bowl.

“Oh yeah! That’s right! Yesterday I had a great day, let me tell you about it!” And Pinkie Pie proceeded to do just that, Fluttershy listening intently as the tale wound on for almost an hour. When Pinkie got to the part about Princess Celestia visiting her and the conversation they had on a cloud Fluttershy gasped in surprise.

“What do you think she means by the Blessing?” she asked, causing Pinkie to pause in the middle of her story.

“I don’t know, but Pinkamina said that I was going to have a doozy when it happened, and you remember what happened the last time I had one of those,” Pinkie bounced around the room. Fluttershy nodded, thinking. Pinkamina pulled up the memories and started to watch them like a movie as she went over each detail. There might be something that the two pink ponies were missing and Pinkamina took the opportunity to study their memories for any clue.

“Do you think this has something to do with the rest of the girls?” she asked. Pinkie froze in midair and placed a hoof on her chin, thinking.

“It seems likely, and Pinkamina thinks so as well. You were all there the last time I had a doozy, but you weren't the focus of the doozy, it was Twilight,” Pinkie stated.

“So do you think it has something to do with Twilight? But what could the Blessing be? It’s nothing I've heard of. Maybe Twilight will know,” Fluttershy paused in her food preparation to think.

“I don’t know. But—“ Pinkie started to say but stopped as Pinkamina chimed in.

“That’s it, I can’t take this any longer,” Pinkamina stated to Pinkie, “this pony has something that she needs to say and I’m going to help her say it!”

Pinkie stepped aside as Pinkamina moved forward in their mind, taking control of their body. Fluttershy gasped as the physical changes flowed through their body.

“Hello, Fluttershy,” Pinkamina stated, smiling at the shy pony.

“Um, hello,” Fluttershy timidly replied.

“Come now, there’s nothing to be afraid of. It’s just me, Pinkamina,” Pinkamina stated. Fluttershy cowered on the ground. Pinkamina smiled wistfully as she watched Fluttershy shiver in fright and she was sure that she was remembering the last time Pinkamina took control of their body.

Fluttershy closed her eyes as Pinkamina drew closer to her and she whimpered.

“Poor Fluttershy, such a burden you bear in your heart,” Pinkamina whispered, her voice close to Fluttershy’s ear. Pinkamina reached a hoof down and gently laid it on Fluttershy’s chin, raising her face and stared into the yellow pony’s blue eyes.

“Um, what do you mean?” Fluttershy asked softly and Pinkamina grinned at her.

“You know of the thing that I speak of. I can see into your heart and I see the weight you carry. Perhaps you only need a chance to express it,” Pinkamina walked slowly into the front room, her wings fanning out.

Pinkamina turn around and smiled at her, giving herself a mental high hoof as she saw a slight reddish blush fill into Fluttershy’s cheeks.

“I’m afraid Pinkie and yourself got a little distracted from your question. You asked why we came over here so early in the morning?” Pinkamina asked and she sat down on the ground, spreading her wings as wide as they can go.

Pinkie and Pinkamina relaxed as they heard Fluttershy move into the room and start to study their wings.

“Your wings are a wreck. Your primaries are shooting out at odd angles and your secondaries are out of alignment,” Fluttershy muttered as she lifted one of the wings with her hoof, then she continued, “your feathers are dirty and streaked with grime and grit that make your wings heavy and hard to use. You’ll need a good preening before you can use them again.”

“Then why don’t you go ahead and give me one?” Pinkamina asked slyly.

“Um, okay, but only if you want,” she replied.

“Yes we do. That’s the reason we came over here,” Pinkamina stated.

With that, Fluttershy got to work. She fanned the wing she was holding out farther to separate the different feathers, then gently took each feather in her mouth and pulled on it, using her teeth to brush out many of the larger dirt particles and straightening the plume.

“What are you—oh, that feels good,” Pinkie slid back into the forefront of their mind as Fluttershy preened and cleaned their wings, relaxing the two of them and sending Pinkamina into a state of almost complete relaxation. When Fluttershy finished with preening, Pinkie heard her stand up and move out of the room. She heard a bit of clattering and a few things being gathered and the water running, then saw Fluttershy return with a basin in her hooves. She trotted back into the front room and took up position on one side of Pinkie.

Pinkie turned her head back to face forward and she felt Fluttershy’s soft hooves on one wing, then she gave a yelp of surprise and contentment as the wing was dipped into warm water. She sighed as she felt the warmth flow through her wing and into her body, relaxing some of the muscles in her wing. She felt Fluttershy lift the wing out and place it on a soft piece of cloth, then start to brush each feather.

Pinkie fell into a state of utter bliss as Fluttershy worked, first on one wing then on the other. Finally Fluttershy finished and Pinkie stretched, then sat up. Pinkamina felt through the muscles and then smiled. They didn't hurt and their wings were back to the way they were when they’d first got them.

“Thanks, Flutters! That feels wonderful! I’ll have to have you preen my wings every day!” Pinkie bounced around the room as her wings fluttered slightly.

“Oh, um, that’s no problem,” Fluttershy stated, distracted, “How does it feel to have wings?” she asked, absentmindedly.

Pinkie stopped midbounce and dropped onto the ground. “It actually feels fairly normal,” she said, thinking, “it kind of feels natural.”

Fluttershy nodded in understanding, then walked to the door and pulled it open. “Um, if you don’t mind, would you like to, um, spend the, uh, day with me?” she asked, turning and looking at Pinkie Pie who sat on the floor. The pink pony nodded and leaped into the air, falling in line behind Fluttershy.

Fluttershy walked out the door and Pinkie followed her, bouncing along down the path. Fluttershy proceeded, along with Pinkie’s help, to feed and care for the outdoor animals.

It was about the time when they were feeding Fluttershy’s chickens that Pinkie’s tail started to twitch.

“Twitchy tail! Twitchy tail!!!” Pinkie cried as she glanced around and up. Fluttershy eeped, then ducked into the chicken coop. Pinkamina slid into hyper-attention mode and started to analyze everything around them, from the air currents (she was better at reading them then Rainbow dreamed of), to the smallest tremors in the ground. Finally she found what she was looking for and she stared at a tree about twenty hooves away from them where a bird had set up a nest on one of the branches. “Oh my!” Fluttershy gasped as she launched out of the chicken coop, trying to get to the tree before the baby bird fell. Pinkamina watched as a baby bird, no more than a few days old, teetered on the edge of the nest before slipping out of it and plummeted toward the ground. She watched as Fluttershy tried to get to the base of the tree, but Pinkamina knew that Fluttershy had waited too long. She didn't want to see any of their friends cry or be sad, though throwing parties was Pinkie’s job, and so she did the only thing she could.

She tapped into their Chronomancy.

She discovered their ability soon after the event known as the Sonic Rainboom happened when she was a filly. She had felt something awaken as Pinkie awoke within them. She hadn't minded Pinkie at the beginning and even found that, with Pinkie’s incessant desire to throw parties, she could use her other half’s massive amounts of energy to great effect.

Twilight had once tried to study their ability, but hadn't even come close to it, stopping only at their Pinkie Sense, and so even she didn't know that they had the ability to affect time.

Pinkamina reached down into their sugar stores and pulled a large glob of it up and channeled it into their magic. She didn't know how, but the world became slower, almost like everything except her had been drowned in winter cold molasses. She watched as the bird fell slowly to the ground and Fluttershy attempt to reach the bird. As she saw the slightest twitch in Fluttershy’s neck, Pinkamina leaped into action. She darted forward just as Fluttershy started to shake her head and she passed the stiff moving pony, gliding into a barrel roll and snatching the baby bird before it came within several hooves of the ground. She righted herself just as the sugar glob ran out. Pinkamina gave herself a mental hug, she’d spent a lot of time studying their Chronomancy and had guessed the right amount of sugar required.

They glanced at Fluttershy who stood, shocked, several hooves from the base of the tree, then they flapped their wings, raising themselves up to the nest and placing the baby bird back into the nest where the mother bird wrapped it in her wings.

“How did you…” Fluttershy trailed off as she watched Pinkie float back down to the ground.

“I don’t know,” Pinkie replied, smiling both outwardly and inwardly, and giving Pinkamina a wink, “but I’m just glad that that baby bird is just fine.”

Fluttershy nodded, then her mind roamed back to what they’d been talking about earlier.

“What do you think Princess Celestia was talking about when you talked to her?” she asked.

Pinkie shrugged, “I don’t know, but I do know that it’s no fun to be thinking about things like this on an empty stomach!” She turned and walked toward Fluttershy’s cottage again.

“Um, Pinkie, we just had breakfast,” Fluttershy reminded her.

“Well, yeah! We may have had breakfast, but we haven’t had snack yet! And luckily I have quite a few snacks with me. I’ll pull them out when we get settled,” Pinkie Pie smiled.

Fluttershy walked with Pinkie to her cottage door, then she opened it and walked inside. Pinkie Pie took a seat on the couch while Fluttershy trotted up the stairs and vanished into her bedroom. Pinkie smiled, then reached behind her and pulled a massive pile of snacks and treats from thin air. She had barely set it all up and had a tankard of cider in one hoof and a cupcake in another when she glanced up and saw Fluttershy frozen at the foot of the stairs.

“Good! I hope I brought enough treats, I’d hate to run out in the middle of an important thought.”

“Pinkie, how—“ Fluttershy trailed off, then shook her head. Pinkie just smiled and Pinkamina snickered, it was quite fun to see how far their friends would study them before they just gave up.

Fluttershy just sighed and sat down on the couch next to Pinkie and handed her the slip of paper. Pinkie read it several times, then sat there for a few minutes.

“What do you think it means?” she whispered and Fluttershy shook her head.

“I don’t know. It could be anything,” she replied.

“But,” Pinkie stated, “with what we know about the doozy that will be coming and this riddle, coupled with the fact that the last big doozy I had I was close to Twilight, means that we need to talk to Twilight soon.”

Fluttershy nodded, then stood up. “Then let’s get to the library, that’s the last place I saw her.”

Pinkie stood up and walked to the door, pushing her way through the pile of sweets and Fluttershy followed her. They opened the door and walked outside, heading for the library.

It didn't take them long before the massive tree that contained the library came into view. They smiled at each other and trotted faster down the lane. Pinkie looked back when she realized that Fluttershy wasn't beside her, then looked at the library and smiled.

“Good,” Pinkamina smiled, “this means that we can get a few answers.”

They hurried to the door and Pinkie pushed it open, the guards recognizing them and nodding.

“-And that is why you need to gather the rest of the girls and come to the castle tomorrow as soon as you can,” Princess Celestia was saying. She turned to smile at Pinkie and Fluttershy who closed the door behind them.

“Well, this is a change,” Pinkamina switched with Pinkie, sneering at the Princess, “I get to see you twice in two days. To what do I own the honor?”

“Pinkie!” Rainbow Dash shouted, “show some respect!”

“It’s alright, Rainbow,” Princess Celestia stated, waving a hoof dismissively, “I’m used to being addressed like that with her.”

Pinkamina thrust Fluttershy’s piece of paper into Princess Celestia’s face. “Perhaps you can tell me what’s going on and why Discord gave Fluttershy this riddle?” she glared.

Princess Celestia took the piece of paper in her magic and held it farther away from her face so she could read it. She muttered to herself as she read it, then smiled and frowned quickly.

“It seems Discord has already started the ball rolling sooner than I thought. This is his lesson, in fact,” Princess Celestia smiled at the three ponies in the room.

“So it’s Discord’s fault we’re like this!?” Rainbow Dash shouted at the princess, who nodded. Rainbow growled in frustration. “When I get my hands on him, I’ll personally turn him back into stone!”

“Would you do it if I gave you the opportunity?” Princess Celestia asked and Rainbow Dash gasped.

“You mean you would reverse everything that you've done and let us turn him back into stone?” she asked, confusion on her face.

“I could set up an opportunity, but this would require all six of you girls at the castle tomorrow, with the Elements,” Princess Celestia stated and Rainbow yelped with joy and leaped into the air, pumping a fist. “Finally! We’ll be free of that god of chaos!”

“Oh my,” Fluttershy stated, hiding behind her mane.

Princess Celestia smiled at the three ponies, then moved to the door. “Now if you will excuse me, I’ve got a few more things I need to get done today at Canterlot to prepare for your arrival.” She opened the door with her magic and stepped out, closing it behind her.

“I’m sorry Fluttershy, but sometimes the best thing to do for people is to just let them stay the same,” Rainbow Dash stated and Fluttershy just nodded, sorrow in her eyes.

“Where’s Twilight?” Pinkie asked as Pinkamina slid back to think.

“She’s staying at my house for now, until I can call the Cloudsdale Cloud Construction Corporation to get a new home for her,” Rainbow replied.

“Oh, so we can’t actually talk to her,” Fluttershy said.

“That’s alright!” Rainbow stated, “I’ll have Derpy deliver a letter to her tomorrow in the morning telling her that we want to see her at the library. I’ll mention that Princess Celestia wants to see all of us at Canterlot. She won’t deny that!” Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy nodded. Then Pinkie smiled and leapt into the air.

“Ooo!! Then tonight we can have a sleepover! It’ll be great! We’ll roast marshmallows and eat sandwiches and tell ghost stories!” the pink mare was almost bursting with energy and excitement at the idea. Pinkamina shook her head and smiled. It was Pinkie being Pinkie again.

“That would be nice,” Fluttershy stated and nodded.

“Great! I’ll get the treats!” and before they could blink, Pinkie was gone.

Pinkie raced home and grabbed as many treats as she could, then raced back to the library where she deposited the dozens of treats in the kitchen and on the floor. She turned around and smiled as she saw Fluttershy smiling back at her.

They spent the rest of the day and night telling stories of their childhood and sharing jokes and memories. Eventually Fluttershy decided to get some sleep for the day tomorrow and she gathered up her bedroll and laid it out in one corner.

Pinkie sat back for a second, then smiled at Rainbow Dash.

“It looks like tomorrow is going to be quite exciting,” she said and Rainbow nodded.

“If that’s so, then I guess we’d better get some rest while we can. I know I’ll need to save up my energy for when I get my wings back,” Rainbow stated, trotting upstairs then returning with some blankets and pillows. She handed one to Pinkie, who took it, and they both laid them out on the floor, then crawled in them and fell asleep.

Author's Note:

Yay! Day 2: Pinkie as well as my explanation for some of Pinkie's abilities. Now there's only two more parts, Rainbow's and Twilight's until the finale and questions will be answered!!!