• Published 10th Feb 2012
  • 3,483 Views, 37 Comments

Assassin's Creed: The Ponyville Chronicles - RoflNom



A mysterious unicorn, dressed in a dark blue and purple cloak, arrives in Ponyville.

  • ...
8
 37
 3,483

Chapter 1: The Mentor's Mission

As he trotted down the long concrete corridor, ShadowCaster could feel a chill go down his spine. He wondered what his mission could be if it came from the Mentor himself. He was no Master Assassin, only being in the Brotherhood for a little over a year. He had barely killed his first target, and was nowhere near as skilled as most of the other Apprentices. As he continued to think, he arrived at a large wooden door, with two guards at either side.

As he approached the door, the guards began to push it open, revealing the large room that was the Mentor's sanctuary. Inside stood an aged stallion gazing out of a large window. ShadowCaster entered the room and knelt before the pony in front of him.

"I have come as you have ordered, Sir. For what task do you require my services?" ShadowCaster spoke in the most respectable tone he could muster, but he sounded more like a nervous colt caught stealing an apple than an assassin.

The elderly stallion turned to face the pony behind him, giving him an almost sentimental smile. Though it was hard to be seen as sentimental when those around you know of the countless amount of lives you have taken throughout your own life.

"I have called you here to give you a very important assignment..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time the Mentor finished explaining the mission, his expression turned back to a stern, serious look. He had turned to look out the window that looked down upon the town of Stalliongrad. He saw only the symbol of Celestia on banners spread across buildings and walls, which in the last several centuries had changed from the image of a sun to the red cross that was the insignia of the Her Templars.

ShadowCaster stood up and took 4 steps backwards, then spoke in a much more relaxed tone. " I will not fail you, Mentor. I shall leave as soon as you assign me my partner for this mission." He turned around and began to head towards the large door he had entered through until he heard his Mentor speak.

"You are not going to have one of your brothers accompany you. This mission is far too dangerous for more than one pony to take part of. Even more than one stranger to the village could raise unwanted attention. This task is yours and yours alone. Good luck, my son."

ShadowCaster turned to exit once more and walked out of the room, and down to corridor he entered through. He was excited to finally have a mission of his own, not having to share his success. He was also deeply afraid of the possibility of failure and maybe even death by the hooves of the Templars. He exited the large building and began his walk to the train that would take him to his destination.

Well, I've got a good mission that gets me out of Stalliongrad for maybe a few months. He thought to himself. Or maybe just a few weeks. I mean, how hard can it be to get information on the most important group of mares in Equestria?

Seconds after ShadowCaster arrived at the train station, the train pulled into the station. He walked to the train conductor, turned in his ticket, and boarded the train. He sat in a cubicle alone with only his single bag, containing his rapier, a small pouch containing a hundred bits, a small dagger, and a book. After a couple of minutes the train began to pull away from the station. ShadowCaster only stared out of the window as he started his journey westward towards Ponyville.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: This is my very first attempt at a story like this. I don't expect this to be amazing. I also want to thank Andrew Joshua Talon for inspiring me to write this and proof-reading it. Your criticism is very much appreciated. Also, yes this first chapter is very short, and I apologize. This is the only chapter that will be under a thousand words. (Insert PinkiPieSwear)