• Published 10th Apr 2013
  • 7,104 Views, 404 Comments

Bathtime for Ponies Part 2 - Starry Eyed



It's bathtime AGAIN for some of the young characters, and who else but you gets to wash them? Each filly and colt has a different personality, though, and some of them REALLY hate baths!

  • ...
5
 404
 7,104

Lily, Daisy, and Roseluck

You have played a lot of hide-and-seek in your long career of foalsitting, but this may be the cutest game you have ever played. The three flower ponies are hiding while you look, but that’s not the cute part. The cute part is that they are all hiding in the flowers behind Roseluck’s parent’s house. That’s right, they’re so small, the wildflowers are tall enough to cover them completely.

You were worried at first that you might accidentally kick or step on them since you are moving about blindly to find them, so you are crawling about on your hands and knees to avoid such a terrible thing. You comb through the slightly shorter than knee high flowers, looking for any of the three little ones.

You are starting to wish you had told the girls the rules of, ‘Marko Polo’, but you didn’t and they can barely speak at all anyway. Fortunately, you can hear the flowers rustle as they move, and hear them giggling, so you know they are close.

Finally, you hear the giggling to your left, and as gently as grabbing for a soap bubble, you scoop up the first pony: Lily Valley. She gasps in shock at first put then bursts into giggles at being caught. You two share the laugh before you ask her to join you in looking for the other two. She salutes in understanding, and like a good foalsitter you set her on your shoulders and let her ride as you “trot” through the flowers.

Lily giggles cutely at riding above the flowers, which by her standards, are too large to enjoy like this normally. You sweetly shush her and cue for her to listen. You both listen very carefully to a sound coming from nearby, “Om nom nom nom.”

You look up as Lily looks down, knowing that you two have found the second pony. You sneak up carefully behind Daisy, who is eating the flowers she is named after, a overjoyed grin beaming on her face. You move carefully around to scoop her up, but your sneak attack is foiled (or should I say “foaled”) by Lily, who springs off your shoulders to pounce her friend.

Now if you hadn’t heard it yourself, and if this wasn’t Equestria, you wouldn’t have believed it, but as soon as the two collide, they each make the cutest, “Squee” sound on the planet. You start to let out a Daww, but hold off to see that neither was hurt in the exchange. Daisy looks at her friend in sheer surprise for a moment, before breaking out in strong laughter, which spreads to Lily and then to you.

You now a one pony per shoulder, and set out to find the last. You realize that finding Roseluck will be extremely easy; you can hear her singing a wordless tune from here. You decide to stand up, careful to brace the little ones, before looking for Rosy (Most call her Rose for short, but you call her Rosy).

Following her little tune, you find the little one near the house, having completely forgotten the game. She is knitting together a little crown of flowers. She delicately weaves a flower through the wreath, careful not to hurt it, so that it will be just right for whoever is special enough to get it. Then, just as carefully, pulls another flower from the basket, which she eats happily before going back to work.

You sit down next to her, “Making a necklace Rosy?”

She nods, and gives it to you. It’s one of her first, and as such is too small to even go around her neck, let alone yours. She sees this and is sad. You slip it over your wrist without missing a beat, “It’s wonderful Rosy.” She squeals with happiness.

You scoop her and the other into the nearby flower basket, and set forth to the bath. Once you turn into the bathroom, three little pouting sighs come from the basket, which you set on the mat. You close the door and start to run the water. You didn’t know how long you were going to be seeking, so you have waited till now to start. As you wait for the water to fill the tub you very, very carefully remove the flower bracelet and place it on the bathroom sink, so it won’t be damaged.

With the tub full, you place the three ponies into the tub in the order you found them: Lily Valley, Daisy, Roseluck. You ready a bottle of “Field of Flowers” shampoo, and begin to lather it. Lily protests having her mane washed, so you lean back and use you storyteller voice, “But Lily, don’t you know?” All three ponies look at you curiously, “This is ‘Field of Flowers’ shampoo. If I wash your manes with this, you’ll smell just as nice as the flowers, and be just as pretty.”

The three little ponies have suddenly become excited, and can’t wait there turns. You are glad your ploy worked, and begin scrubbing Lily’s mane, which is as golden as a lily’s center. After twenty seconds, you move to Daisy. Daisy’s coat is a slightly softer pink than Lily’s, but her mane is a light green, rich and vibrant. It is gently curly, so you have to be more delicate than on Lily’s straight mane. At last you get around to Roseluck, and begin scrubbing her mane. Maybe it’s because this is Equestria, maybe you just love what you do, but you know as you scrub her mane that it feels exactly like washing real rose petals, but flowing back like hair.

You normally would use the rinsing dish, but for these three, you have a watering can. It’s frilly and light-green with pink flowers and that’s the way they like it. You rinse their manes off, and though rinsing with a watering can takes significantly longer than other ways, they like it, so it doubles as playtime. You let this go on at least five minutes longer than necessary just for the fun factor you are all having, and only stop because the water is cooling.

With manes rinsed, you move on to scrub their tails clean, a process which is more work and less fun in every way. You have all been playing outside, in the flowers and dirt, so the tails need to be scrubbed harder and longer. Thankfully you are the best at what you do and all three are spotless in no time.

You unplug the tub and only as you watch the color of the water draining out do you realize just how dirty they were. You place them all on the mat and dry them one-by-one, in the same order you washed them.

You open the door and watch as the three lifelong friends run out the door after another adventure. You decide to clean up later, and for now go to pick up your “necklace” which you are going to preserve and add to a scrapbook you keep of the sweet things you’ve gotten in this job. Seriously, this is the best job ever!

You go for now to check on the girls to find they are all captivated by a butterfly that must have flown in through the open window. It keeps fluttering from one filly to the next, but each time it lands it tickles and the girl giggles it off. You reach out a finger for the butterfly to alight on, and carry it to the back porch of the house, it rests on a potted flower there, and the girls marvel at it.

You explain that butterflies need flowers to live, and the flowers need the butterfly, you go to call the boss for resupplying purposes, and see the little girls taking their hard-picked flowers to the butterfly, wanting desperately to help it and the flowers.

“Oh yeah, Best. Job. Ever.”

Author's Note:

I'm still alive, but real life is trying to insure otherwise.

this will be the last chapter until season 4 starts (do not read that wrong, it's not the last chapter, it's the last UNTIL season 4, don't worry).