• Published 5th Feb 2012
  • 1,085 Views, 3 Comments

The Pony League - SwiperTheFox



A dark, moody, and violent band stops over at Ponyville. Twilight falls for the frontcolt.

  • ...
7
 3
 1,085

Hear the Revolution (Part I)

Rarity began to faint. She curled over in front of Twilight's hooves, and then the white unicorn melodramatically stumbled backwards inch by inch. Rarity tail dropped between her legs, the thick blue color almost draining from the strands.

"Hold on, just hold on," Twilight said. She made a kind of magical recliner behind Rarity's back. Twilight immediately nudged the white unicorn back on her four hooves. "I know that it looks terrible." Rarity, please, you should take life a little less seriously for once.

"It's not that it's so scandalous," Rarity moaned. she stepped over to the side of her boutique, "I mean: 'It's not just that it's so scandalous.' What makes it so terrible is that it's so pointless. There's no reason for such anti-social behavior, no cause, no..." She looked as if she would burst out in tears at any moment.

Twilight walked over to the formerly blank side wall of Rarity's boutique. She let out a very quiet sigh as she leaned against the bricks. Twilight then traced her eyes upwards for the umpteenth time at the thick, black streaks of graffiti.

TPM
SECRET TOUR... BUT SECRET NO MORE
SEE THE GROUNDSWELL
HEAR THE REVOLUTION

"That's some really clear writing and decent grammar for graffiti," Twilight said, thinking back to her copy of Spring Step's sociology book History of the Velvet Generation: Social Class and Social Outings, "Look over there, Rarity, they even maintained correct spelling for every word."

"I don't give a thought about the spelling!" Rarity moaned as she walked over besides Twilight, "I care about the... the..." Rarity rubbed her bottom hooves together. "Implications..."

I'm putting an end to this drama right now. Twilight concentrated, and her horn lit up. She muttered a quick cleaning spell under her breath. Trails of little sparkles shot up the wall, and the unicorns leaned a few inches back. Twilight smiled. Rarity just looked blank. They looked at the pristine wall for a second, and then they locked eyes with each other.

"Why!" Rarity called out. She curled her lips.

"But I... I..." Twilight began.

"We needed that. Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm very happy that you just fixed it. Really, I am. But it is-- or, I should properly say, was-- evidence against those little ruffians," Rarity said, curling about her head in frustration, "We should have looked for paint prints or hoofprints... or maybe..." She trailed off as Twilight's eyes narrowed.

"Hoofprints?" Twilight asked back, and she moved out twoards the town square. "What do you think, they painted this with their own hooves? What is this, kindergarten?" Sarcasm dripped down like rain.

Twilight then fluttered her mane across her head. Wow, looking for a new lesson has gotten me all... She blinked. Why not? I can take it all out on Rarity. She's a big girl. She can handle it. The purple unicorn walked over and stood right in front of Rarity.

The white unicorn opened her mouth to say something. Twilight immediately cut her off. "You remind me of a little upset foal-- so worried since she'd had some bully put his hoof on her drawing. Oh, you poor baby," Twilight said. She pointed a hoof at Rarity's side.

"Twilight, you're... and it's..." Rarity stammered, and her face scrunched as she resisted the urge to say something unladylike, "You're certifiable!" The white alicorn twirled about and shut herself back in her boutique.

Twilight trotted away. She suddenly halted in the middle of the street. A young filly almost smacked into Twilight's side, but then she walked out the way in confusion. No... That was just horrible of me. "Ugh," she said, and she looked down at the gravel beneath her hooves. She kicked her left hoof a little.

A: Rarity is a friend. B: Friends need each other. C: It doesn't matter how ridiculous the thing is. D:Here I am besides her. Twilight walked straight along the town square, glancing at the various shops. Do I really have to put it into a syllogism for me to get that?

She pictured giving Rarity some flowers from Roseluck to apologize. No, that's... that's too sappy and overdone... She then pictured giving Rarity one of those new white-chocolate cupcakes Pinkie had been so gaga over lately. Better... maybe... She twirled to the left and then went for Sugarcube Corner.

"Although..." She paused, and she then leaned over. "I got Fluttershy cupcakes for snapping at her yesterday," the unicorn muttered under her breath. She flipped around and headed towards Roseluck's place. "Wait!" She halted again. "I got roses for Bon Bon when I messed up her..." She tapped her face with her hooves. Or did I give roses to Applejack when I stomped on her... "UGH!"

Rats, I should know that I'm far from my best when I'm almost tardy! She had at least learned her lesson the hard way. She promised herself she'd let whatever new revelation about friendship happen naturally rather than go too crazy. Still, the frustration built up inside her like a ticking time bomb.

Twilight leaned over into the bushes and rubbed them along her side. I can't even feel anything. I can't talk with anypony anymore without hurting their feelings somehow. I might as well be just a pony iceberg chopping through everything. She then looked out into the empty horizon. Shops everywhere had started to close up. The last bits of the sunset had almost faded as darkness crept along the sides of the street.

"I'm going," she declared to herself. She walked straight ahead. "I'm headed somewhere else." She picked up a little speed. "Somewhere I've... never or almost never been before..." She ran, although she had no idea why. "Someplace new... or new-ish..." Someplace where I can piss somepony off with zero negative consequences.

Twilight aimlessly flowed down the road like an apple dropped into a river. A young white unicorn with a pushcart suddenly shot out from her right side. Twilight bounced off to the left. She waved her hooves around for a moment, but then she realized she was standing upon thin air.

*Clunk*

The purple unicorn rubbed up against something soft yet filled with hard ridges. She flopped her head around, but she couldn't see a thing. Some kind of mysterious ticking noise sounded off in front of her. She sniffed, and the air reeked of every kind of alcohol she could imagine.

"Ugh, it's..." she muttered. Relax, Twilight. No broken bones? She tried to pick herself back up. That's the important thing. She twisted about her head, and then the light black tarp fell off of her face. She flung her head upwards.

A smattering of stars across the night sky shone straight down upon Twilight. She nudged herself about against the tight walls. She curled her neck a bit over, and she saw some kind of long pipe going vertically into a rusty, crimson hatch-- left about half-open. That's pretty dangerous to be left like that. Somepony could get hurt. She sighed again. Somepony stupid enough to jump in the air without looking where she'd land.

She stepped around in place for a second. Her hooves touched big bags filled with bundle after bundle of cables. Something being repaired, maybe? She felt around the walls, but she couldn't sense anything except layer after layer of grime. She sheepishly held her front hooves above herself and then magically scortched them clean once again. Is this... am I in a closet? But where's the door, for Pete's sake?

*Smack*

Twilight got knocked down flat on her back. She then felt a giggling pegasus rub up against her. The pegasus' small, still mostly budding wings rubbed all along her in full arousal. Twilight then felt a tall stallion jump up on them both.

"Hey, I... uh... I'm here!" Twilight called out.

"Yes," the pegasus said, suddenly flipping over onto another set of cable bags. Twilight's eyes ran along the mare's short, stubby body down her set of crimson spots over to the blackish-red tail tucked between her legs. The pegasus curled around a little bit-- wetness collecting on her tail as she squeezed it even closer.

Don't... don't stare! Twilight shifted her look upwards as the stallion. She moved her eyes along one of the goofiest expressions that she had ever seen over to his very long, silvery body. She spotted the then open door. The stallion also clenched his flank and curled his tail to hide the excitement between his own legs.

"If you, uh, excuse me," Twilight said. The lovebirds leaned over. Twilight awkwardly stepped over on top of them-- placing a hoof on the back of the stallion's head that nudged his face against the grimy wall. The purple unicorn then bounced out into the room. Frantic squishing and pounding noises went on behind her.

Twilight's eyes flashed a solid yellow, and some twisted symphony of noise assaulted her ears. She tried to stand up-- hooves moving from wet surface to dry surface to scratchy surface all laying about haphazardly. She rubbed her eyes to no avail. She staggered across over to her right and then landed upon something soft and fuzzy. Drinks clinked all above her head. She blinked. She then gasped.