• Published 13th Apr 2013
  • 439 Views, 4 Comments

The Bogey Pony - Nightshade shadow kitty



A grimdark story focusing on the origins of the Shadow Pony named Glam.

  • ...
 4
 439

Chapter II

Chapter 2

After about three years, Kerrice decided to name the foals.

The oldest was named Glam after a cursed weapon of legend.

The second was named Grenth after a fabled God of the dead.

And the third was named Abaddon after the bringer of the end.

It took time but he managed to condition their behavior to his liking.

He had made sure to keep them in separate cells. He would then starve Glam and then throw in a small filly whom he would then tear apart as she screamed in pain and fear. He kept this up and eventually Glam began to crave screams, especially from fillies. He was the most mentally unstable but also the most deadly of the three. He could spray corrosive venom that could eat through virtually anything. He also had the highest recovery rate amongst his brothers. He would almost always be grinning madly, and it was no secret that he hated Kerrice.

Whenever Grenth showed emotion, Kerrice would burn him with a piece of white hot metal. Eventually Grenth stopped showing emotion all together. He respected his older brother and would silently support him. But he never openly opposed Kerrice. He was the sanest of the three and was the most in tune with his abilities to blend into the shadows.

Abaddon was subjected to hours of verbal abuse. He was encouraged to hate and show aggression towards everypony except Kerrice. He was violent and completely loyal to Kerrice, even when ordered to harm himself he would do so without question.

Kerrice was currently observing Glam on the other side of the reinforced viewing window. He had enchanted it heavily after the previous window had been… melted… Glam paced back and forth in his cell like an animal stalking his prey, all the while keeping his eyes fixed on Kerrice.

Kerrice hit a switch and fire was shot out of a tube in the ceiling and Glam shrieked in pain. After a moment Kerrice shut it off but Glam did not take his gaze off of Kerrice.

Glam snarled at Kerrice "One…day… I w-will get out… and I w-will be f-free…"

Kerrice raised an eyebrow. "That so?"

He hits the switch again and Glam once more shrieked in agony before collapsing from the pain. Kerrice didn’t turn it off and had decided that Glam was more trouble than he was worth and decided to incinerate him. He left the room.

The next day all that remained was the shadow pony’s heart. Kerrice had no need of it. He took it and threw it into the swamp where it would sink and be forgotten.

It hit the bottom of the swamp and remained there for five years…