• Published 6th Nov 2013
  • 582 Views, 11 Comments

MLP: FIM War Of The Ravens - PainfulHeart



Equestria is dragged into a large human conflict

  • ...
5
 11
 582

A Normal Day

It was a normal day in Equestria. The princesses were keeping up with their duties, ponies going about their normal lives. Everything seems to be peaceful, but...How long will it last? I had been months since the last major conflict. Some ponies kept it in mind that anything could happen, even if it sounds completely insane.

Luna had most of the day free, most of her duties were at night. She wondered around the castle, bored to death. Luna steps onto a balcony and looks out over the landscape. Everything seemed so peaceful. So peaceful in fact that Luna drifts off into sleep, unaware that the peace will soon be broken.

Brad was doing what he does everyday, constantly keeping his Armored Core(AC) unit in top condition. He was a Raven, AC pilots that gets hired when major governmental companies go against each other. Ravens need to be constantly on their toes, for the missions they do mostly pits them against each other or against stronger adversaries. Being a Raven isn't a laughing matter, if you screw up, you die.

He was finishing a basic test against two unmanned bots called MTs. Once back in the hangar, Brad received a message from some government AC development company called Mirage. The message was a mission request describing an unknown territory that has yet to be explored. Mirage's main competitor, Crest had already sent a few MTs to explore. Mirage has requested Brad to intercept Crest forces and destroy them, Mirage will later send another Raven and their own exploration team to explore the territory and expand. Brad decides to accept the request and quickly prepares his AC.

Luna was waken by her sister, Celestia. The day was over and the night just starting. Luna trots to the throne room where she awaits for any problems to come by. A royal guard bursts through the door, "Princess!".

Luna almost jumped from her seat due to the sudden outburst, "what could be the problem?" .

"We have seen unknown machines near Appleloosa" the guard reported.

"machines?..." Luna wonders, "send twenty guards to investigate this" .

"Yes your highness" nodded the guard.

Author's Note:

Armored Core: Raven's mecha, designed for missions that the ARMY cannot accomplish alone
Raven: pilot of an AC unit
MT: unmanned bot
AC: Armored Core