• Published 22nd Mar 2013
  • 3,151 Views, 55 Comments

Guess This is Home Now - Night--Mist



Ever wondered what it would be like to live in another universe completely different from our own? Well, now one of our kind has to. It was sort of by accident.

  • ...
15
 55
 3,151

The Pony With the Tiara and A New Cupcake Flavor.

Note: For future reference; I apologize if episodes go out of order with my chapters so just bare with me on it.

The next two weeks flew by as Chad Harding settled into Ponyville more and more, he had his usual run-ins with the local Ponyville Press. When he told them he was out of answers to their questions that's when they usually left him alone. He also learned dragons can be greedy at times when Spike suddenly grew to be taller then the city. In that instance, Chad did think he was a force to be reckoned with, but he didn't tell Spike that to avoid having the dragon go on a rampage again. Today he was just taking a stroll through Ponyville since Applejack told him he was working too hard and needed a break. He had to admit she was right, there was no way he was going to be working today.

Yesterday he had been helping to haul some of the heavier batches of apples, even though Big Macintosh said he was fine doing it on his own. He had told them not long after the timber wolf encounter that he would use his magic only for emergencies, since he respected the way the Apple Family would rather stick to Earth Pony methods, and he didn't want them to think he was trying to out-do them in their daily routine after hearing what happened with the 'Flim Flam brothers'. Plus they had grown on him since he arrived, and he didn't want to ruin his relationship with them. But yesterday, as he was helping to haul in the last few loads, he lifted more then his body could handle after a long day of lifting. He was thrown of balance and didn't have a chance to release the handle, once it dropped it pulled on his arm straining it to a point of a pulled muscle. He had ice put on it, but Applejack, trying to watch out for him told him to rest a few days to help it heal. He wanted to help, but knowing Applejack, she was right and it wasn't a good idea to over work himself.

He just made it past the boutique and was heading for Sugar Cube Corner when hears a filly's voice he did not recognize as they blurt out, "Well, well, well, if it isn't the human."

He turns his around to see a pink filly with a tiara on her head that resembled what they told him was a cutie mark on her flank. She was standing next to a silver fur colored filly that had a silver spoon on her flank. Their cutie marks were dead giveaways of who the two fillies were. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, Apple Bloom's, Scootaloo's, and Sweetie Belle's bullies. "Excuse me, may I help you girls with something?" Chad asks.

"You have no right to talk like that to us, you low life creature," Diamond Tiara states.

"I beg your pardon?" Chad responds, lifting an eyebrow.

"You are not a pony, and you will respect us to a higher degree," Silver Spoon spits out.

"I'm sorry, but where in Equestrian law does it state that I am of lower class then a pony?" Chad fires back, crossing his arms.

"It doesn't but you should treat us as we have told you. You don't belong here," Diamond Tiara snaps at him.

"You will only speak when a pony allows you to speak," Silver Spoon adds.

"Really, because I'm pretty sure Celestia stated that I have as much right to live in this world as any pony does, and no where did it say that I was to be kept silent unless asked to speak, so there is no sense to your logic," Chad points out.

"You should be thrown in prison for talking back to us in such a manner," pouts Diamond Tiara.

"Tell me, do your parents know about what you say to others when they aren't around?" Chad questions them, wondering if the parents are as bad as them.

The two fillies froze at his sudden comeback, not sure of how to make him feel down now. This told him that they had been keeping some information about what they did on their own from their parents. "That's what I thought. I think maybe I should pay them a visit to let them know how you've treated me and Apple Bloom and her friends," Chad threatens.

"Our parents don't have any time for you. And those blank flanks have no more right then you to belong here," Diamond Tiara says, trying to avoid punishment.

"Well, I'll have to see when your parents have some free time so I can speak with them about your attitudes. I have sources that can help me do that," Chad states, after hearing Diamond Tiara make fun of Apple Bloom and her friends.

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were at a loss for words. They knew they had to get back at Chad, and soon. "Humph, come on Silver Spoon, let's go, that creature isn't worth our time," Diamond Tiara orders, trying to keep a straight face.

Chad notices Silver Spoon stare back at him, as if she was amazed by him or something. Then she turns around and says with not a lot enthusiasm in her voice, "Yeah, lets go."

Soon the two fillies take off, and Chad treks on towards Sugar Cube Corner. He was just about to open the door when Pinkie Pie bursts out tackling him to the ground. "Hi Chad," she says in a quick manner.

"Ow, Pinkie Pie? How did you even know I was coming in?" Chad asks, surprised at how fast he had been tackled by the mare.

"Pinkie sense, remember?" Pinkie Pie states.

"Oh... yeah..... right," Chad replies, blushing in embarrassment he had forgotten about her Pinkie senses.

"So, whatcha doin?" Pinkie Pie asks.

"Um, well I was on my way into the sweet shop before you knocked me down. I wanted to see if anything new to the selections was added," Chad says.

"Oh, well come on in, we just made a batch of some new Lemon-kiwi cupcakes," Pinkie Pie tells him.

"Wow, going citrus on the cupcakes, sounds tempting. I think I may have one," Chad says.

"Well come on in and try one, my treat," Pinkie Pie says, inviting him in.

"Oh, Pinkie, you don't have to do that. I can pay for it. Applejack did give me an allowance since I've been helping her on the farm," Chad says as they walk in.

"Oh, now it's no trouble dear, it's a free sample sale. If you try one and don't like it, there's no charge, we only charge once you want more," Mrs. Cake says.

"Yes, and Pinkie Pie has actually been begging non-stop that you be the first one to try it," Mr. Cake says.

"Well, I don't see why I shouldn't try it, but I thought somepony else woulda come along to try it," Chad states.

"Oh, we held off releasing the new flavor until we had you try it," Mrs Cake assures him.

Soon Pinkie Pie came in with one and offered it to him. The cupcake looked like a swirl of yellow and green. "Well, Bonn Apatite," Chad jokes as he takes a bite of the cupcake.

As soon as he took the first bite, he wondered how no body had ever made it before and devours the rest. "I take it that you like it," Mr. Cake says.

"Oh, excuse my manners, that was uncalled for," Chad apologizes.

"Oh, don't even worry about it. That's the reaction we like to see when creating a new flavor for our selection of sweets," Mrs. Cake says.

"Well, it was delicious, I never knew Lemon and Kiwi went so well together. Ponyville is sure to love it," Chad exclaims.

"That's what we like to hear," Mr. Cake says.

The Door bell rings as Rainbow Dash and Twilight decide to drop in. "Hey RD, howdy Twilight," Chad says.

"Oh, hello Chad, your starting to sound like the Apple family more and more each day," Twilight states.

"Well, as Big Mac always says, "Eeeyup". So what are you guys up to," Chad asks.

"Well we were gonna make a stop here and then come looking for you, but it looks like we got two in one," Twilight says.

"What did you guys wanna see me for?" Chad asks in curiosity.

"Well, there's this unicorn named Trixie, who claims to be great and powerful, but she's just a loud mouth. But it seems she wants to meet you to prove you don't belong here in Equestria and she's been making a big fuss over it in the news. She also thinks you have no magic abilities and fooled us with just a bunch of light shows, which sounds more like her if you ask me," Rainbow Dash Points out.

"Well, I'm sure I can handle her. I've had worse encounters in my old world. Can't think of any right now, but it's probably something that will blow over after she meets me," Chad says.

"Yeah, probably. Besides, the princess told you to ask for their help if anyone gave you too much trouble. She might not even make it here to prove herself wrong if the princesses get wind of it," Rainbow Dash says.

"Eh, you're probably right. Hey you guys want to try the Cakes' and Pinkie's new cupcake flavor?" Shock Wave asks, changing the subject.

The two mares agree and give the same comment about the cupcakes which start to sell like crazy. Soon the entire group of the Elements of Harmony show up and they all talk about the new things happening in Equestria till about sun down. "Wow nelly, it's that time already? We better hustle back to the farm. Grany's probably startin' supper by now. We'll see ya'll later girls," Applejack says.

"Talk to ya'll tomorrow," Chad says.

Soon Applejack and Chad take off towards the Apple Farm and could already smell Apple cobbler being cooked as they neared the Apple Family home and see the rest of the Apple Family at the table preparing to eat. They sit down with them and Chad tells them how his day went.

Author's Note:

End of Chapter four. Hey Everypony, I'm back. I know it's been a while since I updated this story and your probably want updates on my other stories. I am going to do my best to update them as soon as possible. Work just had me so busy, I didn't have enough time to make an update. I'm gonna work on getting more time to make updates. I hope you liked this chapter and continue to read the story. Please read and leave me some positive comments and constructive criticism. I would also appreciate help from anyone who would like to help make my chapters for my stories sound better. I will give you the credit for helping me and I hope to hear good feedback soon. So, what will Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon plan to do to try and get payback on Shock Wave. Will 'The Great and Powerful Trixie' make it to Ponyville to test him? What new trials await him and the Elements of Harmony before Shock Wave's training begins with Shining Armor and his guard? Stay tuned for further chapters and find out. Thank you.