• Published 21st Mar 2013
  • 604 Views, 3 Comments

Dr. Light's Days in Ponyville - DarklightArk



Dr. Dusk Light is sent to Ponyville to see if he can help Twilight adjust by Princess Celestia, but he has own agenda.

  • ...
 3
 604

Day 1, Twiight Sparke

Dusk Light woke up to the sounds of movement and the smell of breakfast. Going to the small mirror he smiled.

“Step one.”

Dusk Light made his way out of the room and to the kitchen pausing at the doorway. Twilight was fusing over Nyx.

“Is something wrong Twilight?” He went to an empty spot at the table.

Nyx responded with a “No!” at the same time as Twilight responded with a terse “School.”

Dusk Light looked over at the small family. Spike was cooking the eggs, Nyx was blushing furiously and Twilight had sat down looking at her daughter with an expression of slight disappointment.

“Oh? Is that so…” Dusk Light smiled as spike, shaking his head, placed a plate of food in front of him. “Thank you spike, it looks good.”

“No problem,” Spike leaned in close and whispered “Nyx went off to Zecora’s yesterday and didn’t tell Twilight.”

Comprehension dawned on Dusk Light. Looking out the window at the sun, he was thinking of what he could learn the purple unicorn.

He turned to the two alicorns and smiled. “Should someone be off to school?”

Twilight snapped out of her worried thoughts and looked out the window.

“Oh my gosh, you’re going to be late!”

After a flurry of activity and a scrambling of hooves they bolted out the door.

“Hey, you want to help?” Spike asked.

Looking at the mess of the kitchen he laughed. “Of course, but let me finish my breakfast.”

Later

Twilight walked back in and sighed. Why did she go into the forest? After the last time I was so-She stopped in shock.

“Wh-wha-HUH?” Twilight sputtered, looking at what had once been her library.

“Oh hello Twilight, I hope you don’t mind I just wanted to do something really fast.”

The floors and shelves, even the ceiling, the entire inside of the Golden Oaks Library was covered in runes and glyphs, symbols of all kinds. She sat down, hard, to try and figure out what had happened. She was only gone an hour tops, and there were hundreds if not thousands!

Noticing her expression of disbelief Dr. Light quickly did something with his hooves and all at once every symbol and glyph disappeared as if there was never any to begin with.

“Sorry about that, a small project I used to work on when I went to Celestia’s school. “ Dr. Light said in way of explanation.

Shaking her head she trotted to the middle of the room. What was that? I’m the element of magic and I’ve never came across half of those! I- wait did he say Celestia’s school?

“You went to Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns?” Twilight was deeply interested, finally, a chance to find out a little about him.

“Why yes, or rather no. You see I had a problem with my magic when I was younger, in fact I can still do almost no magic at all” was his replay. A sad expression briefly crossed his face but disappeared quickly.

“Why don’t you tell me about yourself?” The question came as a surprise; even if she didn’t know why this stallion was staying in Ponyville he was a friend of the princess. I guess I can trust him.She thought.

“Well where to begin? Oh but do you mind if I start reshelving?” At the shake of his head Twilight’s horn started to glow and all the books floated to the floor as gently as possible.

“Well I didn’t really go to the school. Even though I was enrolled I almost never took classes. Most of the time I would be with Celestia or at the library, I advanced quickly and it wasn’t until I was taking classes colts and fillies twice my age that I started to have any difficulty. “

Twilight floated each book and shelved them according to where she thought each book should go. Many people might stay at the library to read and put them back in the wrong places.

“That’s amazing” Dr. Light said. “What about here? I can see that you’ve made this place home and I’m sure your friends had something to do with that” he chuckled.

Twilight smiled remembering. “Yes, the first one I met was Pinkie Pie, but the one that I actually introduced myself to would be Applejack…”

-Later-

Dusk Light was very surprised how easy it was to have the mare talk about her friends, hoping it would be just as easy for him to get them to open up.

“And of course that’s when Nyx came into my life.”

Dusk Light looked over at her and said in a gentle tone “You are doing a wonderful job raising her.”

Twilight looked up surprised at his comforting and supporting tone. She should stop being surprised at my oddities.
“Thank you, I think.”

They had been talking for so long all of the books had been put away and now they were enjoying tea. Well Spike and Twilight were enjoying tea but she also took this time to press him for his story.

“So what part of Canterlot did you grow up in?”

Dusk Light smiled. “Ah it doesn’t matter does it? Oh when do you pick up Nyx?”

Twilight checked the time. “Soon, so I expect some answers mister” she chuckled as she got up.

It was only after she left that he answered. “Perhaps you will.”

Spike looked up a very shocked look on his face. “Did you…” The deep, almost venomous voice cut into the baby dragon like a razor.

Dusk Light looked over at him “Is something wrong?”

“No, I guess I was just imagining things.” He got up and started clearing the table. It wasn’t until Dusk Light was out of the kitchen the purple dragon let his thoughts settle.

“Did that voice come from… nah I was just imagining it.”

On the way to the school

“Hmmm, I wonder what he’s doing here. The Princess trusts him maybe I should send him to Applejack; she might be able to tell what he’s hiding. Something about him is nag-“

“Hi!” A pink wall filled her vision.

“Ack! Pinkie, what are you doing?”

“What am I doing?!” Pinkie Pie shouted. After a moment she put on a confused expression. “What am I doing? Oh yeah! I was going to the school! The Cutie Mark Crusaders are gonna make a Pinkie Promise so I have to remind them that the fastest way to lose a friend FOREVER is to break a friends trust.”
Pinkie stood there gasping.

Twilight chuckles “Oh really? I can’t miss that.”

“You know me so well you’re not even going to ask how I knowwhichisbecauseitmakeaplottwistinthe-“
The stream of chatter was cut off by a hoof shoved in Pinkie’s mouth.

“Pinkie, we’re here.” Twilight said with a smile.

Huh, what was I thinking about before Pinkie…? “Dr. Light!”

“Dr. Light? Who’s that? Wait… There’s a new pony in Ponyville and I didn’t know?!”

“He got there just yesterday. Oh there’s the school! Anyway as I was saying- Pinkie?”

As the school came into view Pinkie seemed to vanish. Twilight chuckled at her friends antics.

At the front of the school five fillies were playing, chasing each other around.

“Hey girls! Over here!” Twilight called out.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders came running over when they saw her, Nyx hanging back a little. But before Twilight could ask what the matter was, Applejack came up from down the road.

“Haya girls, what are y’all up to?”

Applebloom ran to her older sister who in turn gave her a smile.

“We were thinking of what crusadin to do next!”

Scootaloo piped in with “Yeah! We are gonna go hang at the club house, Twist you gonna bring snacks?”
The nasal replay was quick “Of course! Say Nyx, are coming too?”

With that all the ponies turned to the little filly, but she shied away slightly.
“Nyx sweetie, are you ok?”

It looked like all she wanted to do was melt into a black puddle. Twilight’s concern grew as she used her magic to lift Nyx onto her back, Nyx meanwhile did not resist.

“I think I’m going to take her home for now. Later if she’s feeling better she can.” Twilight said with worry etched in her face.

Before heading away she turned to her friend.

“Applejack, I was wondering if I could ask you a favor.”

“Shoot sugar cube, you know I’d help ya if you needed something.”

Twilight smiled. “I know Applejack, the Princess sent a friend of hers here yesterday, I’m not sure if I should trust him though. So I was hoping if you could?”

She didn’t need to finish the question as an unspoken agreement between friends if a new pony came to town they weren’t sure they could trust they would each do a part to see what they could about them. They implemented after Suncloak, the resident changling, came there.

“Alrighty then, tomorrow sound good?”

“That sounds great, thanks Applejack.”

“No need to thank me Twi, I’ll tell the others.”

They both nodded but before they could move their separate ways the four other fillies bounded up looking at Nyx with concern. Nyx looked up at her friends.

“Don’t worry Nyx, no matter what we promise we’re gonna do what we can to protect you, right Crusaders?”

Scootaloo’s comment made Twilight’s heart beat faster. Nyx was in danger?!

Nyx sniffed and said “Pinkie Promise?”

Three of the four fillies, Twist was creeped out by Pinkie promises, recited the rhyme.
“Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye” With the appropriate movements.

“I don’t get it…” Twist mumbled.

Sweetie Bell said “Breaking a Pinkie Promise is like the quickest way to lose a friends trust!”

“Yeah!” Scootaloo piped in, “If you break a friends trust it’s to fastest way to lose a friend!”

“FOREVER” Pinkie Pie said popping out of Applejack saddlebags.

“Ack!” Was the consensus of all the ponies. Nyx giggled a little.

Pinkie sank back into the bag but when Applejack opened it the bag was empty except some apple cores and a few bits.
“Now how in tarnation?”

Twilight sighed and started home.

Later at the library

Dusk Light had just finished tuning his Magana, a green circle made of crystal that hung from his neck on a string, when Twilight entered the main area for the library. Noticing her expression and Nyx’s shivers he became very concerned.

Dusk Light activated the Magana, making it glow a slight grey and green as Twilight made her way upstairs.

“Nyx, talk to me” Twilight’s voice was gentle as she puts the filly down.

The Magana was allowing Dusk Light to create a memory of what happens to someone else, as if he was really there himself.

Nyx shuffled her hooves.

“Nyx…”

“I… can we do something tonight mom?” Her voice was small and cracking.

Twilight scooped her up and hugged her tight. “Sweetie, of course we can. And we don’t have to talk if you’re not ready ok?”

“Ok.”

Nyx nuzzled her mother, a tear leaking out of her eye.

“I was planning on watching the stars tonight; Princess Luna has a meteor shower planned.”

A small giggle escapes the black alicorns. “I know how much you love astronomy.

Dusk Light deactivates the Magana, his features serene.

He had spent most of his time grilling Spike on details about Twilight getting what he could about her.
Spike was even more talkative then Twilight giving Dusk Light all the information he needed for his report to the princesses.

“I’m going to bed; I’ve had a long day.”

“Ok, goodnight Dr.”

“Goodnight Spike, tell the others goodnight for me too.”

“You got it”

In Dusk Light’s room.

His face was half covered in shadow, the rest in a grim darkness. Pulling out a quill and scroll we started his report.

Dear Princesses,

This is my first report so I hope this finds you well.

Subject: Twilight Sparkle, Librarian and Alicorn.

Notes: She is as you know the element of magic. She is Very OCD but does not become manic unless you are involved (Celestia). She will protect her friends to the death, and her daughter beyond. Has a strong Memory and reading skills as well as an insatiable curiosity in magic or science. She isn’t shy but also is not overbearing. As an added note her organizational skills are suburb. Calm, rational and even tempered she has the utmost faith in her friends. She has shown great empathy and patience for all she knows. She also takes a great joy in astronomy and is very perceptive.
A: She is doing very well. She doesn’t seem to use her wings very often but otherwise she seems fine. I still need to know how her friends react to her and think of her but for now this is my report.

Sincerely

Dr. Dusk Light

PS. Luna, make sure Celestia does her aroma therapy.

He thought long and hard about his purpose.
Maybe it’s not too late; I feel it still resides in her. Step two, complete.

Comments ( 1 )

Sorry, itll be a while till the next chapter, but Im curently starting on another story. I just cant stop thinking about them!:fluttercry:

Login or register to comment