• Published 14th Mar 2013
  • 611 Views, 22 Comments

My perfect world - Lonepone



Vinyl thinks she has it perfect. Her club, Her life, with only Octavia in it.

  • ...
6
 22
 611

Dat plot

Octavia’s point of view

I lay on my bed, thinking of what I just did. I look down, and see the wet spots where my tears fell. What I did was right, but that doesn’t make it any easier or less painful. I walk downstairs to the kitchen, and look out the window at where Vinyl just walked out. I can see her out there right now, looking for where to go. She looks back one last time at the house. I feel like she knows I’m in the window, looking right here. It feels as though she’s looking right at me. I hold the gaze that may or may not be directed at me, hoping that she’ll come running back inside our house, that I’ll fold here inside my embrace, and never let her leave like that again. But then I think for a moment, and my resolve hardens. I told her to leave. She left. Done.

I try not to think about where she’ll be tonight, the fact that I probably just ruined her life, that now she’ll probably be living on the streets, begging for any little bit that a passing stranger may have to spare, as I make my coffee.

I look at the clock, realizing I have to be on stage in an hour. I grab a donut and rush out the door.

I’m up on stage, all the assorted musicians in front of their respective instruments, the audience sitting on their chairs before us, waiting for us to start. For us to take center stage.

The conductor gets up on his podium, taps his baton, and we get started.

Now this is music, not the noise that Vinyl plays. Soaring notes, followed by quiet ones, all tied into one overarching melody. And yet, after so long of listening to Vinyl’s music, I miss the sounds that aren’t in a symphony. The bass, the synth, the drums.

I play my cello, but my mind doesn't listen to just it. It listens to how Vinyl would add to it. The orchestra plays on, but my head listens differently.

Next thing I know, it's the intermission. The conductor walks up to me. "What's wrong, Octavia? You're hitting all the right notes, but your heart doesn't seem to be in it"

"I'm sorry, Melodic Keys, just some issues rose up at home" I say, trying to hold back the pain of what I've done.

"It's that DJ Pon3, isn't it?" He can tell by the look on my face. He dissaproves of her, but he knows I'm hurting. Me and him have been friends for a long time. He's the only one that knows my secret. The only one I can trust with it. My mind remembers the night he found out.

It was about three and a half years ago. Me and Melodic Keys had just joined the orchestra, and I had just moved in with Vinyl. Me, him, and Vinyl went to a high class bar to celebrate our exceptance. Vinyl had drank at least twice the amount of alcohol as me and Keys combined. She was laying down in one of the booths, passed out. It takes a lot to make her pass out. Me and Keys were both drunk, though, and we were laughing and talking like we had both turned into Pinkie Pie. Very uncharacteristic of us both. He had just finished a joke, and I had just finished laughing at it. He got this serious face on.

'You know, Tavi, me and you have been friends for years. And I really loved spending this time together. Do you think we could do it again sometime?'

'Are you asking me out? No, I'm sorry, you're my friend, and I cherish this bond we have. And anyways, I have my eyes on somepony else'

'Oh. Who?'

'I won't tell you her name, but she is into the complete opposite musical genre as us'
His eyes widen as he processes what I said. 'Just don't tell anypony, alright? Especially not her' he nods, eyes still wide. 'I knew I could count on you' I kiss him on the cheek

He drops the subject. "Go home, Tavi, you can have the next week off"

"Thanks, Keys" I kiss him on the cheek.

The next day

I wake up in Vinyl's bed, like I do everytime she's not home. I just love how it smells, this scent I can't describe with words, but suits her perfectly. I lay in bed, letting the morning hours slip by as I'm wrapped in her blankets, when I hear a knock on the door.

"Coming!" I shout. I pound down the stairs. Standing on my doorstep is three ponies; Jason, my Whoovesy (I would be bi for only one stallion, and that is him), and some attractive mare. I let them come in, and we sit in my living room, my in my recliner, them in the sofa. I try and listen to what they say, but my eyes and mind keep getting pulled back to that mare. I only get the broad concepts of what they're saying; that she, the mare, is a guy from earth, but now he is a she and she's here.

And she can manipulate the universe, which she demonstrates by making a Mtn. Dew can appear. I fake argue with her, but she doesn't take the bait. Then the male, human version of her appears, says some stuff, and then promptly leaves. Shortly after, she leaves too.

"Damn" I say, talking about the look I got at her plot right before she teleported. Jason gives me a look, but I brush it aside. After seeing it, I can't get that plot outta my head. And I thought Vinyl had a nice one.

Author's Note:

Hey, sorry if it seems like Octavia just changes mid chapter. I wrote the first half a while ago, and the second half now. But yeah, the story kinda pulled me in this direction, so I let it go there.

It's a little odd, because the entire time keeps i keep remembering that 'that mare' is me. I guess I have a sexy plot in my stories? I have no clue.

Anyways, this is the first time where my two chapters perfectly correspond in a chronological sense.

Enjoy!