• Published 4th Apr 2013
  • 937 Views, 3 Comments

The Supernumeraries - KenSES64



A Mad Scientist, an Alicorn Princess, and Two Royal Guards are only some of the ponies in these stories.

  • ...
 3
 937

Steel

Steel

*Note: This chapter takes place 7 years before the events of the show*

------------------------------------------------------*Steel Wall*-----------------------------------------------------

My name is Steel Wall. I’m an 17 year-old unicorn stallion that you probably wouldn’t notice much, mostly due to how I look. I kid you not when I tell you that I am completely grey. My coat, mane, tail, and eyes, all grey. The only thing about me that would really stand out is that my cutie mark, which is of a brick wall. Though this isn’t about me. You see, while walking down a Canterlot street, I came across this dark blue, pegasus stallion, unconscious in the middle of an alleyway, and he looked like he took a hell of a beating. My first reaction was to pick him up with my magic, throw him onto my back, and run to the nearest hospital so he could get some medical attention. I’m not sure why this was my first reaxtion, maybe I’m just a good samaritan.

After I’m not even sure how long I was running, I burst through the front doors of the hospital and shouted, “This pony needs help!”

The mare at the front desk suddenly got a look of shock on her face and exclaimed, ”LIght?!” and teleported up to me, looking incredibly worried, “What happened to him? He’s bleeding!”

“I don’t know, I just found him like this.” I tell her. As I say that, another pony came to take him to a hospital room.

After he was taken for treatment, I turned to get a good look at the mare. She was a light purple unicorn mare with a dark purple, almost blue mane that was tied back into a ponytail, and pink eyes. Her cutie mark was of a glowing blue amulet. She looked like she was about the same age as me, maybe a year or two older than me give or take, and I’ll admit, she was pretty. I mean really pretty.

“I… Uh…”, was all I could make out, yeah smooth. “So… you seemed worried about that pony. Do you know him? Family member? Friend?... Coltfriend?”

She giggled a little at that. “Coltfriend, yeah right. Sure he’s has hit on me before, but he did that to every other mare that works here as well. I guess, friend, or acquaintance would be a more fitting term. Since you called him ‘that pony’ I’m assuming that you don’t know him.”

“No. Like I said. I just found him like that,and rushed over here.”

“Well… Good thing you found him when you did. Mr… uh.”

“Oh, my name’s Steel Wall.”

“Oh. Well, nice to meet you, I’m Violet Charm.”
______________________________________________________________________________

So Violet Charm told me about the pony I found. His name was Light Arrow, and it turned out she knew him because he had a younger sister that was in this hospital, and he visited her all the time. Sadly, she passed away a little over a month ago. I was unsure what to say to that, but I did feel sorry for the guy.

I stuck around for a bit longer just to see if he’d be okay, and about 20 minutes later a doctor came up to me and asked, “You’re ze one who brought him here ya?”

“Umm… yes.” I responded.

“You got him here just in ze neck of time.”

“Just in time? He didn’t look that badly beaten?”

“He vasn’t, But ve found a lot of alcohol in his system, he could of died of alcohol poisoning if you didn’t bring him here.”

“So he’ll be okay then?”

“Ve’ll see, give him some time to rest, so come back tomorrow.”

At that, I nodded and made my way to my parent’s house.
______________________________________________________________________________

The next day I made my way back to the hospital and was greeted by Violet Charm again, “Oh hi. Steel was it?”

“Yes, um... hi, Miss Charm.” I responded.

“Please, just call me Violet.” She said with a smile.

“Well, Violet, is that Light Arrow guy awake?”

“Well I’m not really sure, but you can go check. He’s in room 212.”

I just nodded and said, “Thanks.” before walking off to find the hospital room. After about three minutes I finally found room 212, and in it, a dark blue pegasus sitting up, with bandages wrapped around his nose. “Umm… Hi.” I said, stepping into the room.

“Hi?”, He replied, sounding a little confused. “Who’re you?”

“My name’s Steel Wall. I’m the one who found you in the alley and brought you here.” I explained.

“Oh, uhh… thanks, I guess.” He said, not sounding too happy. He then put his hoof up to his nose and winced in pain. “Oh Celestia, the buck happened last night?”

“Well, I would assume that somepony beat you up.”

“No shit Sherclop. So… why’d you do it?”

“Wha?”

“Why’d you help me?”

“Because you were knocked out and bleeding. You clearly needed help.”

“Yeah, but I’m a complete stranger to you. You don’t know anything about me.”

“Well, that mare at the front desk, Violet told me a few things about you after I brought you here yesterday.”

He was silent for a few seconds before he finally said, “I’m guessing she told you about Songbird, didn’t she?”

“Was that your little sister?”

“Yeah.” He went silent again for a moment, “So you know what happened.”

“Yeah. If it means anything, I’m sorry for you.”

“Thanks.”
______________________________________________________________________________

Not much happened afterwards. I left the hospital and I didn’t see that pony at all afterwards. Well, until about three months later.

My father thought that since I had turned 18, I had to find my own place, so I found an ad for an apartment room for a decent price. Granted it’s was with a roommate, but hey,
I figured that it wouldn’t be too bad. So I walked into the apartment complex, found the room and knocked on the door, only to see it answered by a dark blue, pegasus stallion.

He looked at me kinda surprised, “Oh… hi.”, he says.

“Hi, I’m here for the room.” I said to him, kinda surprised myself to see him, “Mind if I step in?”

“Not at all.”

So I walked in to take a tour the apartment. It was small-ish, but not too bad. I walked right into a living room that was connected to a small kitchen, a small bathroom on the opposite side, and in the middle, a short hallway that lead to two bedrooms. One of them was unfurnished.

“I’m guessing the room for rent was…” I began to say before Light answered.

“My sister’s. Yeah, don’t worry. I have her stuff in a storage unit, but I need the extra money, so I decided to rent out the room. You do have a job right?” He asked.

“Well no, but I’m sure I can get one.”

“Don’t be so confident, I’ve been trying to get one for years, maybe I’m just unhireable.”

“Well I know of somewhere that might take you, it’s what I’m joining to do.”

“And what’s that?”

“The royal guard.”

To Be Continued...