• Published 7th Apr 2013
  • 548 Views, 10 Comments

Life Change - Killabyte



The lives of Applejack and Rainbow Dash get tossed around when a human arrives in Equestria

  • ...
12
 10
 548

Chapter 3

*** A few weeks later (OC POV) ***

The rooster crowed for the second time that day signaling me to get up out of bed, as I did so I looked around at the makeshift room that Applejack and I had constructed. As I dragged myself out of bed I went over to my gym equipment and started working out. Each rep I did sent another bead of sweat down my arms and forehead. I put the weights up as I saw Applejack entering the barn. “Mornin’ AJ, what can I do for you today?”
“Not much sugarcube ‘ah was just heading into town today and was wondering if yah wanted to come with me” She replied. “Sure why not, just lemme get ready first.” I replied to her question.

The walk into town was a pleasant until we got to Ponyville. It was the same every time I had to go into the town, every pony would just stop and stare, but I was getting used to it by now, though I couldn’t blame them for it though. You would stare if someone weird came into your town. AJ and I continued through the main street till we got to the bank where I decided to wait outside till she went in to do whatever banking business she had to do.

Casually leaning against a post outside the bank I looked up to the sky as I heard some yelling and a incoming blue blur heading towards me very fast, too fast to stop in time. We tumbled around on the ground a few times before coming to a stop, when I opened my eyes all I could were Rainbow’s eyes then I felt a wet brush against my lips as I saw her move her head away from mine just before AJ’s voice yelled out “What in tarnation” before I saw the orange mare run off before Rainbow chased after her. As I was getting up brushing myself off I felt every ponies eyes staring at me before I blushed and jogged off back towards Sweet Apple Acres.

*** Rainbows POV ***

It had been an honest accident. I didn’t mean for it to happen. I swear. I was performing my tricks like I usually did on Sunday mornings, when I saw AJ and the Human heading towards the Ponyville bank, so I dashed after them, though I didn’t stop in time and ended up landing on the human. I was getting off him and my lips brushed against theirs and right at that moment AJ walked out of the bank and saw us. Needless to say… that didn’t end well, AJ broke up with me and no one in Ponyville wants to even see me at the moment.

All because of an honest mistake, AJ broke up with me because she thought I was cheating on her. Me, the element of loyalty cheat on my marefriend. Not a chance in Equestria, not after nightmare moon and yet here I am moping around on my cloud, friendless and marefriendless wondering if my day could get any worse. Then it starts to rain, rain on a day when it isn’t meant to be raining, I mean come on, what the buck clouds, that wasn’t a signal for my day to literally get worse. As I approached my house above Ponyville to get out of the rain I could tell my day was going to get worse cause on my front doorstep was a letter and a parcel.

*** Characters POV ***

As I approached the main entrance to Sweet Apple Acres I could see a bunch of stuff piled at the front gate, I walked past it and knocked on the front door only to get told to “go away” from Big Mac. Great I was in a foreign land, homeless and to make things worse it had just started to rain. I grabbed my stuff and started to hall it on the seemingly longer trip back to the other side of Ponyville to Fluttershy’s cottage. I finally made it to Fluttershy’s cottage and knocked on the door, as Fluttershy opened the door and took a second to realize I was there I heard a sobbing coming from inside before the timid mare invited me in. I entered slowly after Fluttershy invited me in where I saw Rainbow Dash sitting on the sofa crying hugging something to her chest.

On the table there was a letter that Rainbow indicated for me to read.

To my dearest Rainbow Dash,

If you are reading this letter then I regret to inform you that I have passed away from this world and am living in a better place now. Along with this letter there is a parcel with some possessions of mine which you are to inherit some of these following include:
• My engagement ring, for you to your marefriend
• A title land deed to my estate for you to move into with her
• A cheque for $50,000 bits and
• A framed photo of us together at the amusement park the day after you got your cutie mark
Please don’t be sad about the loss of me because I am forever with you in spirit and in heart and always remember darling that Loyalty and honesty are what builds these foundations of time.
With lots of love your Grandma Dash.
Xoxoxo
P.S Take care of the child.

“Rainbow, I’m so terribly sorry” I said as I hugged her tightly and Fluttershy joined in on the hug “Wait a minute! What child?” I exclaimed and the other two just grabbed the letter and read it again both their jaws dropping.

*** AJ POV ***

Those low life cheatin varmints, after all ah done for em, they go and repay meh by going an’ kissen in public. Ah shoulda put my hoof through both of em for that, their lucky there was ah crowd around otherwise ah would have done it.
After ah I run back through town and to the farm (after telling Rainbow to buck off and I never wanted to see her again) I threw all the humans stuff out. After all, all they did was use me to get close to Rainbow. Curse that mare and her good looks.

“I’m not coming out of my room in forever” I yelled through the door to Apple Bloom. Bless the filly but ah just didn’t want her to see me like this, not is this state, not now, not ever. “But AJ it’s important, ya need to see this right away” The filly replied through the door. “Fine” ah sighed and got up to open ma door only to feel sick in mah stomach but I proceeded downstairs anyway hopin’ this was worth it and the felling would go away. My hopes were defeated as ah sat down opposite a teary eyed Rainbow and Fluttershy, with the human rubbing both their shoulder. ‘Curse that mother bucking player’ I thought to mahself. “Well what bring ya all here?” I asked suspiciously.