• Published 5th Apr 2013
  • 2,427 Views, 117 Comments

I, Little Pony - Lux



A girl, a wish, and life that would never be the same

  • ...
10
 117
 2,427

Reality Check

Chapter 5 – Reality Check

I felt myself slowly coming out of my sleep as my brain tried to make sense of things. The last thing I remembered was looking in my bathroom mirror and seeing Quill Flourish, the pony I created, staring back at me as if I was her and she was me. Immediately I thought that it was all a dream that I had imagined that I woke up as a pony. I’ve had many dreams before as me being a pony, although most of them started out as me as Quill in Ponyville rather than in my apartment. I guess when I dreamed of ponies, I liked to get rid of everything that was human, preferring to be in Ponyville. But to have a dream in my apartment where I felt terrified that I was a pony? That was definitely new.

Thinking it was a dream I believed that I’d just wake up and find myself safe in my warm bed nestled among the covers and happy. Then my senses started to return, starting with my sense of touch. Instead of feeling the softness of my bed to my surprise the surface I laid upon was hard and cold like a floor. My hearing returned but there was nothing unusual, although I found it odd that I could hear better that I had before. My sense of smell awakened and the smell of cleaning fluid mixed with that wet smell that lingers long after taking a shower invaded my nostrils. Where ever I was, it wasn’t my bed.

At last my eyes opened, revealing the true world around me. I stared at what looked like a wall although it looked sideways for some reason. I quickly struggled to my feet, but then I felt that same eerie feeling that being on all fours was my natural stance. Again I felt that my hands and feet were different now, without fingers or toes and very firm like hooves. I began to worry what that meant as my mind suffered from a case of déjà vu. I again stood on my hind legs and immediately felt myself going to fall over. This time I gripped onto the sink and again like in the dream and saw my new hooves.

I took a deep breath and looked at the mirror and then saw again not my human face but that of my ponysona. Part of me became surprised that I saw that pretty unicorn face in the mirror, but for some reason there was part of me that knew that it was not a dream, that this was the real deal. I spent what felt like an eternity looking at my face. I blinked and Quill blinked back. I tilted my head, and so did she. I then lifted my one hoof while trying to steady myself with the other on the sink and felt my face; just to be sure my eyes weren’t messed up. I felt the fuzziness of the soft raspberry coat that covered my face, waved my hoof in front of my now gigantic eyes, touched my violet mane, and even felt the eight inch long horn protruding from my forehead which gave off a little buzz like electricity ran through.

I then abandoned the sink and slowly settling down on the linoleum floor looked over the rest of my body. It’s one thing to know what you look like as an artwork, and a completely other thing entirely when you are that art work and see how everything moves as a living breathing pony. I looked at my new legs and hooves. I examined my sleet equine body covered in raspberry hairs. I noticed how my tail moved frequently according to my mood, and right now it swished frantically from side to side.

Oh, here are a couple of pony facts. First, when people see the title of the show My Little Pony, they imagine that ponies are the size of a small dog. That’s not the case. Ok, so a pony like me isn’t the size of a real pony that you see children ride on at a fair. But I, like other ponies, are over three feet tall and when we stand on our legs we can reach over five feet tall! So maybe we can’t reach the high shelf on a human house, but we can get stand pretty tall. Next, the eyes! Yeah, they’re big, but it’s not like I can see any better than when I was a human. My hearing and smell, however are much better. Now onto the cutie mark: it’s not a tattoo actually but it actually different colored hairs. I don’t know how they change color but like most things I just have to say magic.

Ok, enough about the facts. I’ll explain more later. Anyway, it was like a delayed reaction with the realization that I had changed from a human to a pony. I guess I was walking around like in a dream state. But then it hit me like a clue by four. I was no longer Julie, this human who lived in an apartment and worked in a coffee shop while trying to be a writer. I was now Quill Flourish, the unicorn pony. It was like I was trapped in two worlds. One was the world of ponies, a place that I wanted so much to be in but realized it was just a cartoon. The other was the human world that I knew the one I was used to. I was stuck in the middle of these worlds, unsure of what would happen next.

A wave of terror overcame me as several questions arose in my mind. What if becoming a pony was temporary? What if it was permanent? What if somewhere the world of Equestria was real? How would I adjust to being a pony in a human world? What about my friends, my boyfriend, my job? The questions kept coming from my mind with everything from the eerily real to the crazy.

And then, just when it couldn’t get any worse, I hear a knock on the door.

Author's Note:

And now it get's interesting...