• Published 7th Mar 2013
  • 464 Views, 4 Comments

From the Ashes of the Phoenix (Part 1) - ChappyYoung



The story of Ace and Twilight's travels, and he's the only one how can protect her.

  • ...
3
 4
 464

Where Am I?

I awoke with the sunlight pouring into my eyes, it was almost unbearable and my head was pounding, was this what it was like to be sober? My body hurt, my eye finally adjusted enough so I could take a look around, and I found a pair of sunglasses on what appeared to be a nightstand by the bed I was now, when I put them on it made the sunlight bearable. I took a better look around; I appeared to be in some sort of library, was this a dream? No the pain was too real, then where was I? What happened last night? Then I remembered everything the bar the girl the bikers and my leg. I pulled of the sheet that was over my body and there it was my leg was in a cast and it hurt like hell, I doubt I’d be able to stand on it for awhile, I had no choice but to continue to lay where I was. I lay where I was for about a half an hour, I heard hoofsteps getting closer to where I was, was this my “caretaker”. Whoever it was they enter through the door, I was the girl from the bar, seeing her sober and in the daylight was a lot different than seeing in the bar, see was beautiful, it was like seeing her for the first time. Her coat was a light purple and her mane and tail was long and straight, it was a darker purple with a purple and pink streak running through it. She came to the bedside with a smile on her face; she turned to me and said “Oh it looks like you’re finally up”

“Yeah I’ve been up for about a half an hour… what do you mean finally up?” I replied

“Oh you don’t, you’ve asleep for a whole day you must have been tried” she giggled.

“Oh I see… but where am, I how did I get here?” I asked

“Yeah I didn’t think of that you must have several questions, but first of all, hello my name is Twilight, Twilight Sparkle.”

“And I’m Ace, it’s good to have a proper interdiction.” I laughed, it felt good to be having a normal conversion with somepony “So where am I, what is this place”

‘I was about to get to that, you’re at my house, I work and live in a library, I guess that would explain all the books.” She smiled “But the night you saved me, when you told me to run and I got my friends and left, well shortly after I left I went back to see what happened and saw you passed out on the sidewalk covered in blood and dirt and well I thought I’d return the favor and take you back to my house and clean you up, but when I went to get you up I noticed your leg was broken and called an ambulance and they rushed you to the hospital and confirmed it was broken. I stay in the waiting room all night, they put your leg in the cast they asked me if I had any information about you, but I didn’t know thing and didn’t found any identification on you and there was no medical recorded on you, so they couldn’t let you stay in the hospital after that night so I offered to take you in, it was the least I could do for what you did for me. And that leads us today.”

I was a bit shocked it was the nicest thing anypony was done for me. Something a lot worse could have happened to me if she didn’t show up. “Well thank you very much, if you could get my things and I’ll be on my way.” I couldn’t stay, if I ended up letting somepony into they would end up just getting hurt, both mentally and physically.

“Look I’m not going to let you leave, you’re in really bad shape and you got that way trying to protect me and if you didn’t come along I could have been raped or even worse, so you stay here until you better.” She said.

It looks as she really wasn’t going to let me leave, so guess I was going to have to play along and it was probably for the best to keep my past from her. I turned to her and said “you’re really not going to take no for an answer are you?”

“Yep that’s right.” She replied

I sighed. “Well if that’s the case, I guess they say home sweet home”

“That’s the spirit” she laughed “So since you’re stuck in bed is there anything I can get you, maybe something to drink?”

Come to think of it my mouth was extremely dry; I really could have something to drink “Yeah that sounds good I’ll take a beer.”

“Um… sorry, I don’t have any alcohol, but I could get you some water, milk, coffee, or soda.”

No alcohol, I guess soda was the next best thing and maybe it would be for the best if I gave up alcohol for a while. “Actually some soda would be great; I’ll take cola if you got it.”

“Okay so I’ll get you your cola” she looked at me and smiled “and by the way I like your glasses” she laughed and left the room.

I hadn’t noticed but I was still wearing the sunglasses I found on the nightstand, I took them off I didn’t really get a good look at them but they were pink with rhinestones on them. No wonder she laughed I must have looked ridiculous, I laid the glasses back onto the nightstand. She arrived shortly after with my drink, she had it in a glass full of ice and came up and set it on a coaster next to me and said “Here you go, now do you need anything else?”

“No thanks I think I’m good, but if you don’t mind I’m still pretty tried and like to get some more rest.” I replied

“Okay but could I at least get you a TV to watch so you’re not just laying there in silence, I think I have a spare one around here somewhere.” she asked

“That would be nice, if you could please.” I replied

“Okay I’ll go look for it and you just stay there and rest” she said then left the room.

I reached for my drink, the glass was cold to the touch, lifted the glass to my mouth the carbonation tickled my nose, I took a sip it was sweeter than what I’m used to, but still drank the whole glass. It didn’t take long for me to fall back asleep