• Published 12th Mar 2013
  • 1,001 Views, 7 Comments

The Forgotten Prophecy - flutterderp sparkle



When Twilight stumbles on a secret room in the library, she finds a prophecy that will turn her world upside down.

  • ...
4
 7
 1,001

Broken Bonds

"Hey, Colgate!" said Twilight, running up to Colgate. "I need to talk to you!"

"Oh, so now you want to talk to me? Well, too bad. I'm not talking to you and give you another chance to yell at me," Colgate said bitterly. "And besides, I thought you didn't want anypony crossing your path. I'll be on my way now," she said as she started trotting away.

"No, wait! Colgate, let me talk to you for just a little!"

"No! Now go away and stop talking to me!"

Twilight sighed. "I wonder what was up with her? she said something about ma saying that I don't want anypony crossing my path, but I never said that."

"Interesting... maybe we should go see your friends, ask them if they know what happened," said Spike.

"We probably should. How about Pinkie? If anypony knows, she does. So, off to Sugar Cube Corner!"

After a few minutes of trotting on Mane Street, Twilight and Spike got to Sugar Cube Corner. Once they were there, they went inside, and the first thing they saw was Mr. and Mrs. Cake blocking her path.

"Get out of here!" yelled Mr. Cake. "We already have enough damage! We don't need you causing any more damage to our bakery."

"What are you talking about?" asked Twilight, then she noticed the once neat cupcake display case destroyed with frosting and cake splattered everywhere. "I never did this! What would ever make you believe that I did this to your store? And where's Pinkie?"

"Pinkie is in the back room, depressed because of what you said to her earlier. She won't tell us the specifics, but she's been bawling her eyes out ever since you left. All we know is you went into the kitchen and talked to her a little. Then you came out, destroyed our display case, and said our baking was terrible. When we went into the kitchen, we found Pinkie bawling and she wouldn't tell us anything. Now leave before we make you leave!" said Mr. Cake, while Mrs. Cake got a broom to back up her husband's threat.

"Fine, I'll leave!" said Twilight as she started to get out of the bakery. The Cakes slammed the door behind her.

"Well, that was strange. Just like with Colgate. I'm going to need to see all my friends now. Where's Rainbow Dash?"

"That sounds like a good idea. And I have no idea where Rainbow Dash is." said Spike as they started trotting to one of the two obvious places that Rainbow Dash would be at, which was the lake.

When they got there, they noticed Rainbow Dash sitting on a lounge chair. She had fallen asleep with a copy of Daring Do and the Last Crusaddle on her face and a pair of sunglasses on the top of her head. Twilight trotted up to her and woke her up.

"Hey, Rainbow Dash! Wake up!"

"Who is it?" asked Rainbow Dash sleepily as she started to yawn. She removed the book and focused on her visitor. "Oh. It's you. Don't you think you've caused enough humiliation to me for one day?

"I've done something to you, too? It seems I've done something to everypony today," said Twilight with a hint of pain in her voice and a pained facial expression.

"You'd also be correct if you said it would be hard for anypony to forget that she added in a last-minute article to the newspaper earlier this morning," said Rainbow Dash, holding up a copy of the local newspaper.

The article about Rainbow Dash said, "Twenty percent cooler pony is really twenty percent lazier than the rest of us:
Ponyville's weather mare Rainbow Dash has been caught sleeping on the job..." and after that, Twilight stopped reading. While reading, Rainbow Dash had gone and got the nastiest looking raincloud she could find. "Now get out of hear before I have to make this cloud downpour on you!"

"You don't need to do that, I'll leave," Twilight said as she started to gallop away.

"This is annoying! Everypony hates me and won't let me talk to them for one second."

"It look like it. Let's try Sweet Apple Acres next," said Spike.

"Okay. To Sweet Apple Acres, I guess."

They trotted off to Sweet Apple Acres. When they got to their destination, they could barely tell it was the same apple orchard that thrived and prospered just the day before. Immediately they saw branches and trees cut off their bases and thrown in random places. It looked like a tornado had just hit it and would take years to fully repair.

"What happened here? Although I think I know what happened. Probably something that I did," Twilight said cynically.

"Twilight! What the hey are you doing here? Go away! Can't you see you've already done enough damage?" yelled Applejack.

"So I did do this, even though I've been stuck underground for the past day. I've done a lot of things like that lately."

"Twilight, I don't want to have to say this again. Get the hey out of here before I buck you out, you vermin!" Applejack started going closer to Twilight with a look that said, "Don't mess with me right now."

"All right! I'm leaving!" Twilight and Spike started to trot away.

"And don't ever come back! Ya hear?!" yelled Applejack after them.

"Let's go to Fluttershy's cottage. Maybe she'll give me a chance to talk."

After a few minutes of trotting, they got to Fluttershy's cottage. Twilight went up to the door and knocked on it. A few minutes later, when nopony had come to open it, Twilight leaned close to the door to try and hear what was going on inside. She heard a lot of sobbing, then she furiously knocked on the door. Angel came to the door and opened it. The first thing Twilight saw was Fluttershy crying in the corner.

"So, I'm assuming your going to say that I did whatever made her cry like this?"

Angel responded with a nod of his head, then he slammed the door shut.

"Well, that's four out of five friends that I did something to. I guess we need to go see Rarity now."

Twilight and Spike started to trot to the boutique, with about an hour left until sunset. Once there, she knocked on the door, and Sweetie Belle answered immediately.

"Oh, it's you. You want to see Rarity in hopes that you can make right for what you did to her earlier. She's in her room, but l doubt she'll listen to you," said Sweetie Belle

"Thank you for at least giving me a chance," said Twilight as she trotted up to Rarity's room.

Once there, she didn't bother knocking. She knew what would happen if she did, and she wanted a better chance of talking to her. So, instead, she opened the door and barged in. She saw Rarity on her bed crying and keeping Opal next to her against the cat's will. She saw Twilight instantly.

"Leave! I never want to see you ever again!" shouted Rarity as she used her magic to boot Twilight out the window.

"Wait! Don't do it!" yelled Twilight, but it was too late. She flew out the window and landed in view of Spike.

"So, l guess it didn't go well?" asked Spike.

"You'd be correct with that guess. Now let's go home. It's getting late," said Twilight, not even trying to the depression out of her voice.

The walk to their home took a while. Not because the library was so far away, but because Twilight was walking sluggishly. She was too sad to want to walk fast. Spike could hear her crying all the way.

At one point, Spike tried to soothe her. After he tried to, Twilight galloped the rest of the way to her house. He broke into a jog, but since he is a baby dragon, he quickly got tired and walked the rest of the way.

Once at the library, Spike noticed that the door was slightly ajar. This meant that either Twilight was in too much of a hurry, or she left it open specifically for him. Either way, Spike entered and started to climb up the stairs to Twilight's bed. Half way up, he rammed into a force field. He tried calling to her, but she wouldn't budge. He looked carefully at her, and noticed there were streams of tears rolling down her eyes, but he couldn't hear any sobbing at all. He concluded that she must have also put up a sound barrier. Figuring that he would not be able to get her attention, he just went to bed.

Author's Note:

Ok, it took longer than I expected to get this chapter out here. Hopefully the next chapter l won't be too lazy to get out here soon.
Hope you enjoyed it and keep reading!