• Published 8th Mar 2013
  • 7,811 Views, 107 Comments

Roses and Rainbows - Brian Jacko



Rainbow Dash and her friends find a some pony special.

  • ...
15
 107
 7,811

A New Life Together

Rainbow Dash and Soarin' spent as much time as they could together. As the months went by they drew closer and closer together. They would often walk down that trail in the woods where Soarin' first asked Rainbow to be his some pony special. They would also sit down together on a cloud and watch the waterfall nearby.

One day, while they were watching the waterfall together, Soarin' couldn't help but notice that Rainbow Dash didn't look right and that she wasn't her usual self. As Soarin' held her in his hooves, he put his head near hers and asked, "Is there something on your mind that's troubling you, Dash? You don't look so good today."

Rainbow Dash bit her lower lip and said, "Yes, there is. I have a wish, but I'm too afraid to tell you right now and I don't know what you'll think of me."

Soarin' rocked her gently and said, "Dash, there's nothing to be afraid of. You can tell me anything, sweetie."

Rainbow Dash turned around and stared into his eyes. "Promise you won't get upset with me?"

"I promise," the stallion said.

Rainbow Dash sighed and said, "Lately I have been having these feelings of wanting something more in life and I have been struggling with this idea for a while, but I'm kind of afraid of it and..."

Soarin' suddenly cut her off and said, "Just tell me what you want, Dash."

Rainbow picked her head up and looked at Soarin' and said, "I think I want to become a mommy."

Soarin' warmly smiled at her and said, "Dash, that's a wonderful wish, and I think you'd be a wonderful mother."

Rainbow perked up and said, "Really? You really mean that? I was so worried what you'd think."

"Of course I mean that Dash, it's also completely normal to have those feelings," Soarin' said.

Rainbow got a little nervous again and said, "But how do you feel? Would you want to become a father?"

"I think I would, Rainbow, and if that's what you really desire, then I think we can both make that happen, but first..." The stallion reached behind his back and held out a small box in front of her. "Will you marry me?"

Rainbow sat there speechless it took her a few moments to react. She lunged at him with a kiss knocking him to the ground. Rainbow broke free and said, "Yes! I will marry you!" She quickly bent down and kissed him once more. Soarin' and Rainbow got off from the ground and stared into each other's eyes. Rainbow let out a giggle and said, "I guess we have some planning to do. I can't wait to tell my friends."



When the time came, Rainbow Dash and Soarin' got married. All of her friends helped with the wedding in some way. It was a very emotional wedding for Rainbow's friends as they watched them get married.

Soarin' decided to move into Rainbow's home so that she could stay close with her friends.

After their wedding, Soarin' and Rainbow Dash sat down together and decided to write a letter to the Princess.

Rainbow Dash began writing. Dear Princess Celestia, sometimes you don't realize how good you have things until you lose something very special. I learned that not everything in life is what it seems and sometimes there are more important things other than chasing your dreams. I also learned that it's not healthy to suppress your feelings or to isolate yourself from others, no matter how badly you feel. Tonight, I just got married to the most wonderful stallion named Soarin'. Having some pony who will love you even through your faults is really amazing to me.

Hello Princess Celestia, This is Soarin'. I think I'll be writing letters to you along with Rainbow since we are a couple now. I've learned that if you truly love some pony, then sometimes you have to let them go, no matter how much it hurts you. I have known Rainbow for a long time and she's gone through some very difficult challenges. I'm proud that she has learned so much and has become stronger by pulling through the rough times. I've learned that you have to be patient with others and that love will always find a way, even though it may take a while. If there is one thing I do know, it's that you can't go wrong marrying the pony who represents the element of loyalty. Yours truly, Rainbow Dash and Soarin'.