• ...
6
 160
 2,980

Chapter 11

Chapter 11
Brother and Sisters in Arms

The Marauder dropped out of it's final hyperspace jump, over the planet, it's surface was covered in plains, small deserts, oceans, islands, forests, and swamps. Captain Izan Kerner gazed out it through the bridge's observation windows, he smiled to himself. thinking of the glory and the satisfaction, and the Emperor's praise.

"Captain, your orders, sir?" The Lieutenant next to him asked.

Kerner turned to look over his shoulder, "Send a detachment of Stormtroopers to the surface, and have them report their findings." Kerner said.

"Yes, sir." the Lieutenant said, saluting then headed out the door.

Kerner turned back to look at the planet, the smile returning to his face.

***

Maverick awoke to the sound of the shuttle's early warning systems. Maverick got up from his bunk and went to check the radar, thinking that it was probably just a glitch from some of Sparky's attempts at repairing the shuttle's systems. The systems had gone off before, and it was a false alarm, but there would be no harm in checking. He reached the cockpit and turned on the screen. Maverick saw that it was no false alarm this time, there was a Star Destroyer, not the kind used in the war, probably a new model. It was just outside the system. Maverick scrambled back down to wake his men.

"Everybody up, now!" Maverick exclaimed.

Jax, Sparky, Bets, Berk, and Lockdown were all startled out of unconsciousness.

In his haste to get up Berk hit his head on the bunk above him. "Ow! Dammit!" Berk exclaimed, laying back down, and covering his head.

"Well, that was an interesting way of saying 'good morning', sir." Jax said, rubbing his eyes.

"No time for joking, Jax. There's an Imperial vessel en route to the planet, just outside the system." Maverick said.

Everyone completely forgot their fatigue, and went into 'battle ready' mode.

"What's the plan, sir?" Lockdown asked.

"We warn the Princesses, and gather the ponies we trained. Suit up, we're going to war." Maverick said.

"Sir, yes sir!" they called out in unison, rushing to their stacks of armor.

Maverick did the same.

The clones had painted new livery on their armor since they had been appointed to lead Princess Celestia's royal guards. Their armor now had golden-yellow livery on it, showing their allegiance to Princess Celestia.

"We need a name for ourselves now." Jax said.

"No we don't." Berk said, not seeming thrilled with the idea.

"Sure we do, that name will be how we're remembered in the history books of this world, think about it." Jax said encouragingly.

"The Sun Warriors?" Bets said.

"The Golden Boys?" Sparky offered.

At that moment, Maverick had an idea, "The Celestial Battalion." he said.

Everyone else looked over at him.

"The Celestial battalion." Jax said, testing the name for himself, then he nodded.

"I like it." Sparky said.

"Sure." Lockdown replied.

"Sounds good." Bets commented.

Berk just nodded, "Alright, fine." he said after a few seconds.

"It's settled then, we are now the Celestial Battalion." Jax said.

Maverick nodded, agreeing with Jax. They were now proud warriors fighting for Celestia, and they would not let her down.

***

Kal was back at the castle, enjoying breakfast with Celestia and Luna, when his wrist comlink beeped.

Kal sighed, "Excuse me for a moment." Kal said standing up and bowing respectfully.

"Of course, take your time." Celestia said with a smile.

Kal walked out through the doors, and raised his comlink close to his mouth, "What is it, Commander?" he asked.

"General, our scanners are picking up an Imperial ship entering the system." Maverick said.

Kal was surprised, why hadn't he felt a disturbance in the force?

Kal regained his composure before responding, "Gather the ponies, tell them to grab their weapons and be ready for an attack." he said.

"Already done sir. We await further orders." Maverick said.

"Have one of your men keep an eye on the enemy's movements, and have him inform me when the launch any ships and where they will land." Kal said.

"Yes, sir." Maverick said before ending the transmission.

Kal walked back into the room he had left the princesses in, they were still sitting there.

"We have a problem." Kal said.

***

Twilight awoke to the sound of loud, frantic knocking at the library door. Groggily getting up from her bed, she went to the door to see who it was distubing her at five o'clock in the morning. When she opened the door, Maverick was standing there.

"Good morning commander, are we training early today?" Twilight asked, before letting out a yawn.

"No, ma'am, no more training. We're doing it for real today." Maverick responded plainly.

Twilight raised an eyebrow, not sure what he meant by that, but then it came to her.

"Do you think we're ready?" Twilight asked.

"Yes, ma'am, there's no doubt in my mind. Now lets go, we've got a battle to win." Maverick said.

Maverick's comlink went off, and Twilight, being curious as she was, turned her attention to it. Maverick lifted his gauntlet to and activated it, showing a three dimensional image of Sparky, sitting in a chair.

"Yes?" Maverick said.

"Sir, they've launched a shuttle. I think we can expect a detachment of troops landing soon." Sparky said.

"Alright, we're almost ready, come here and help us rally the rest of the ponies." Maverick said.

Sparky nodded, "Yes, sir." he said, before his image vanished.

"This is it then." Twilight said.

"Seems so. good luck, ma'am, and stick close to me." Maverick said with a smile, before putting on his helmet.

Yes, this was indeed "it", the battle that would test them far more than anything else. This is where their bonds of friendship would be tested to the limits.

Author's Note:

Here we go. Hope you enjoy the battle.