• Published 7th Mar 2013
  • 709 Views, 90 Comments

The Spectrum Chronicles: Dashes of Spectra - SonicRainbowDashie



Family reunions are great, unless there are secrets hidden...

  • ...
17
 90
 709

08 - Books, Hues, and Cider

Spectra and Twilight arrived at the library. The rain was just beginning to fall. The two rushed in. Spectra shook her mane out and looked around the library. Twilight noticed her shocked look.

Twilight laughed, "What's wrong? Never been in a library before?"

"No just not in here yet. Dang there are a lot of books."

"Well it is a library." Twilight replied with a chuckle.

"Well I know that." Spectra said rolling her eyes, "Just libraries in Manehatten aren't nearly as big."

"Eh... It's not that many books. I've read them all." Twilight said giving a proud grin.

"You read ALL of these?!"

"Yup!"

"Dang Twi. You're an egghead." She said with a friendly wink.

"Yup just like Rainbow." Twilight replied pointing a hoof at Spectra.

"Hey I read! And I think reading is awesome! Just reading ALL of these?! That's crazy." She said in defense.

Twilight laughed, "I know, I know. Calm down I was joking." She winked at the defensive pegasus, "Take a seat, make yourself comfortable." Twilight said, trotting down into the basement.

Spectra did just that. She went over to a couch against the wall of the library and laid down. As she made herself comfortable, Twilight was just coming back upstairs with two small cups hovering in front of her. One of the magic-engulfed cups floated in front of Spectra. Twilight jumped on the the couch next to Spectra.

Spectra took a sip from the cup, "Ack!" She exclaimed as she spit the contents of the cup back in.

Twilight chuckled, "Too hot?" She asked, laughing.

"Just a little." She replied holding her tongue out.


Twilight laughed again, "Well just give it some time to cool off."

"Huh. You tell me now." Spectra replied, desperately trying to cool off her tongue from the burn.

"Hold on." Twilight said as she trotted back downstairs. She came back up a few seconds after with an ice cube hovering in front of her. She placed the ice cube on the pegasus' tongue.

Spectra pulled the ice cube into her mouth and began to suck on it, "Thanks." She said through her mouthful of ice.

Twilight chuckled and sat back down, "No problem. Be careful this time." She stated with a wink.

"Will do."

When Spectra's tongue and cup was cooled off she took another sip of the drink. She shivered at the richness and sweetness of it. It was like nothing she has ever drank before.

"Is it good?" Twilight asked.

Spectra kept sipping from her glass and mumbled, "Mhmm." She took her lips from the cup after a few more sips, "What is this? This is magnificent!"

"It's just cider." Twilight replied with a chuckle.

"It's delicious!"

"Have you never had cider before?" Twilight asked jokingly.

"Nope. Never." Spectra replied, taking another sip of the cider.

"Really?!" Twilight was quite surprised.

"Yeah. I've never tasted anything like it."

"Oh. I'm surprised. I've never met anypony who hasn't had cider before."

"Where would I get some?"

"Well the Apple family sells it every cider season. You gotta be there early though if you want to get some."

"How come?"

"Well all of Ponyville gather to get some cider."

"Wow! I know what I'll be waiting for when this year's cider season come by."

"Oh, your planning to stay her in Ponyville that long?"

"Uh..." She took another sip of cider, "I dunno. I mean I like it here. But I really haven't moved here... Yet..."

"It would be cool if you stayed." Twilight gave her a friendly smile.

"Yeah..." Spectra took another sip as she contemplated the subject. She shook her bangs out of her way, revealing her wound.

"Oh my Celestia! What happened?" Twilight exclaimed as she saw the cut.

"Oh, it's nothing... Got a cut in the middle of the night."

"How'd you cut yourself?" Twilight asked in a caring tone.

Spectra thought for a second. She really still didn't know how she got it. She had dreamed of it and when she woke, she was wounded.

"Uhh..." Spectra started, "I really don't know. I was dreaming and I got cut in my dream. When I woke from the dream, there it was."

"That's sorta odd..."

"I'm just as confused as you." Spectra stated.

"I think I read something about this..." The alicorn started, getting off the couch and trotting around the room, "Spike!"

That's when a little purple dragon, only a baby, came from the upstairs of the library.

"Yes Twilight?" Spike asked.

"Remember that book I was reading, about Lucid dreams coming to life? I can't seem to remember the name."

"Hmm..." The dragon thought while tapping his chin with his claw, "No Twi. I can't seem to remember." He looked over to the content green pegasus, "Who's this?"

"Manners Spike. This is Spectra Hue. She's from Manehatten. Just arrived the other day."

Spectra waved a hoof at the baby dragon, "Hello."

"My apologies. Welcome to Ponyville Spectra. I'm Spike. Twilight's faithful assistant." Spike gave a proud bow.

"Nice to meet you." Spectra replied smiling at Spike.

"Aaargh!" Twilight exclaimed in frustration.

"You okay Twi?" Spectra asked.

Twilight sighed, "Yes. I just can't seem to find it. I'll be sure to let you know when I do."

That's when the front door of the library opened. Rainbow Dash, followed by Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy and the bouncy Pinkie Pie came inside. Applejack was first to say something.

"Howdy ya'll!"

Rainbow Dash cut it, "Hey there you guys are! We were looking all over for you!"

"What do you mean? I told Pinkie we were going to the library." Twilight replied.

"Oops! My bad! I guess I forgot." Pinkie exclaimed.

"Either way... Hey Spec! Let's go!" Rainbow Dash said excitedly.

"Where?" Spectra questioned.

"It's a secret." Rainbow said with a wink.

"Uh... Okay." Spectra said and got up from her seat, "Hey Twi. No need to worry about that book of yours. It's fine. Don't trouble yourself."

"Well I'm still gonna look for it. But you guys have fun." Twilight replied.

"Okay let's go!" Rainbow said ecstatically.

She then flew over to Applejack, gave her a nuzzle and flew out the library, dragging Spectra with her.

"Whoa!" Spectra exclaimed as she was pulled out of the library.

The two pegasi flew away through the storm, leaving their friends back at the library.