• Published 25th Feb 2013
  • 586 Views, 3 Comments

The Damned - CookiesOnFridays



As Twilight and Shining Armor go on an adventure to survive they must go through many hardships. Loved ones will be lost, but is Equestria truly done for? Join Twilight Sparkle and Shining Armor on their adventure, and will to survive.

  • ...
 3
 586

Prologue

Life is Short (Prologue)-

'Survival, it's all we need. We run around like animals and bump into places where we never wanted to go before. Moving from point A to point B seems easy... Never is actually... I sometimes wish our loved ones can stay but as always they go. You can just see how they always end up dead-'

Shining Armor grabbed his chest, his voice rasping like an old witch. He coughed violently, once, twice, three times. He let out a final rasp and spit the iron flavored substance on the floor next to him. Although the room was dark and dim, he could faintly see the dark crimson illuminated by the moon light coming from a shattered window. Outside the sound of hungry groans and growls filled the air, the once shrieking sounds of pain and pleads are no longer.

Armor coughed again, and picked up his pen. His hands shaking with every word he wrote.

'I promised to protect her... I always did... From the day we were little, to the day we went to rest... Who knew that it would end like this?'

Shining Armor ran a rough hand through his short hair. His hands were dry, encrusted with poisoned blood. His chest pumped red liquid slowly. Across the room, a man stared at him. His dead milky white eyes curiously looking, observing, and savoring the meal to come. The man sniffed the air, and grinded his teeth together.

'I always thought I could change the world. The decisions that I made seemed right, until I lost her.'

Shining cracked his neck.

'We were supposed to die all together. I remember when I had Applejack by my side, always honest and wise.'

Shining Armor stared at the dead bodies that littered the floor. A female with blonde hair and green eyes laid unmoving with a small hole that went straight through her head. Another man with brown hair laid unmoving with a hole through his temple. Last but not least, the reanimated corpse that slowly got used to his new body. He had blonde hair which was tarnished with dried blood. His eyes were the same as the woman's with his features reflecting similarly to the dead girls. His skin was pale, but a small hole through his chest told everyone enough of what he was now.

“Oh Aaron,” Shining said as the dead body twitch, “I'm sorry...”

Each dead body was holding a gun in their hands while facing one another, west to east, and south to north. The reanimated corpse started to move its hands, clawing its way to Shining Armor.

'I cared for the girl... But never have I ever dreamed of losing her...'

Shining looked at the walking corpse one last time and saw it on its knees, shuffling its way toward the dying man.

Shining sighed, 'At least you can read my story...'

The reanimated corpse was just a few feet away, and Armor smiled. He put down his pen and notebook. He took his gun, and raised it to meet eye level.

“And one day, you'll feel the same...”

Shining Armor fired, and he was no more.

Author's Note:

I've read a few 'The Trotting Dead' fimfiction's and I said to myself, "I'll try my own."
Well here you have it, this is just a side project, I'm working on something else called "Super Natural". But I already like the flow of this mini-project I guess.
What I mean by mini-project is that it'll most likely be less then 2k words per chapter. I also might not update regularly too so... Yeah, hope you enjoyed.