• ...
4
 57
 1,085

Wait who is that?

The class period had come to a end. Wild and Moon hoof bumped and parted ways. Moon wasn't sure if that was something friends do, but he took it upon himself to find out. As he walked through the campus looking at the blue sky, he knew it wouldn't be long before the skies would become dark, and snow would cover the once green campus. Deep in his thought's, Moon couldn't her a faint voice calling for him. The voice grew louder and louder. Finally Moon could hear his named being called after a minute had gone by. He turned around to see a familiar ice blue mare walking his way.

Oh no. It's one of the mares from class trying to trying to pull the 'hey I just ran into you wheres your class' thing. He thought to himself.

With a low groan, he waved back. Her face lit up at the sight of being acknowledge and the speed of her trot increased. She caught up and took a deep breath to compensate for her running. Moon signaled to move on. They walked silently through the campus and once they got to a certain point, it didn't seem like either of them knew where they were going. Moon didn't want to ask the mare a question, but he knew everything would start off on a bad note if he was late to all his classes. He looked away from the mare and asked a question in a flat tone.

"Where is the social skills class?"

"Oh um......" Her heart raced and her mind went completely blank. She couldn't breath and suddenly started feeling hotter than ever. "I think it's this way." She pointed in a random direction.

Moon looked over to the mare and her heart stood still. He threw a gentle smile to her and replied in a kind tone.

"Thank you.... Oh I never got your name."

She couldn't breath..... That's when it hit her. She really couldn't breath! Her face turned purple and she tried to speak, but only a squeak was able to escape.

"Oh Celestia!!! Are you okay?" Moon asked.

She fell to the ground gasping for breath and Moon quickly pulled out his phone and called 911. He set the phone on the ground, on speaker, and put both of his hooves on the mares chest.

Is this how it all ends? She asked herself. I'm going to die because I got nervous?

She closed her eyes at the thought and slowly began feeling cold. She could hear Moon yelling, but she had no clue what he was saying. Just as she was going to blackout she felt something against her lips, breathing into her. It was warm and a bit wet. She felt pressure coming of her chest, and her lungs accepted the air rushing in. She felt her chest moving, but it wasn't her who was doing it. Her eyes stayed closed, but she wanted to open them to see Moon standing there giving her the breath of life. Finally the lips she had felt moved away. She was regaining her hearing, her heart started pumping again, and her lungs were cycling oxygen again. That's when she realized something was wrong. There was a second voice, closer to her. It sounded familiar and she had heard it before. Her eyes opened slowly and she was staring at the blue sky.

"She's getting up, but I still think we somepony to check if she's okay." Said Moon Ray in a alarmed tone.

She tried to sit up, but a hoof held her down. She looked at the hoof, which seemed to come out of no where, and wondered who it was. The fur was white and there was a black watch on it.

"Hey listen. We need you to stay down until some medic ponies arrive. You are safe." A voice said from out of her view.

I know that voice! I heard it today! Who was it that had the voice? She was yelling at herself inside.

"Moon! Take care of her for me. I will try and flag down the ambulance when they get here." The voice yelled.

She heard trotting get farther and farther away from her. Moon popped into her field of view. "Hey you are going to be okay. We got medics on the way to check if you are good. It was a good thing we did CPR"

We?!?!?! Whose we? The mare thought to herself.

Moon looked up and signaled somepony over to him. 2 stallions appeared and helped her up. She winced in pain, but she sat up and looked around. There was only the four of them in the quad, along with the crowd that had gathered in a hallway near by.

"Ma'am. Are you feeling okay? Do you feel light headed or a tight pain in your chest?" Asked one of the stallions.

"No... I think I'm okay." She said, putting a hoof on her head.

"Okay. Do you have pain in you head or neck?" The stallion asked.

"Not really." She replied

"Okay ma'am. If you feel pain in you neck or the back of your head please come to the hospital." The stallion said while pushing himself onto all fours.

She nodded. Moon helped her up and asked a question when the stallions were out of ear shot.

"Hey what happened?"

"Oh um..... I got really nervous and choked up." She said as quietly as she could.

"Oh..... So this is my fault...." Moon replied grimly.

"No... Please don't blame yourself! You didn't do anything" She said frantically

"Look I'm sorry.... I was kind of a jerk to you. I don't ever know your name." Moon said while holding the mares hoof.

"Oh don't get so worked up. My name is Sapphire. I didn't even notice you being rude. I just thought that was you worried about being late or something..." Sapphire said in a sweet tone.

"Thanks Sapphire. Hey maybe we should get to our classes. The bell kinda rang a while ago." Moon said.

They shared a laugh and walked away from each other.

Who saved me? I want to say it was Moon, but that other voice was closer to me. Plus Moon was n the phone when I fully came to. The idea burned in her head

---------------

Moon's day was going crazy so far. He made a new friend, saved a mares life(with help of course), and found out he had a 5 hour school day every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. His other classes had gone the same as the first..... Minus the hungover teacher. It was 12 o'clock when he left his last class. He was taking a DJ class because he loved the club scene in Massacoltsetts. That was the real reason he went to Hayvard University. Moon could have gone any where, but he wanted a place where great ponies went.

Well that was way to quick. Maybe I should check on my dorm. Moon thought.

He trotted across campus to the front of the school, where stallions pulling cabs were waiting. He hopped in the back and asked the driver "I need to get to the college houses."

"No problem" The brown pony replied.

There was a jolt and then he watched the front of the school disapeared behind the cart. The ride wasn't fast, but Moon was in no hurry to arrive at the dorm. He actually hoped that it wouldn't be done so he could go back to the campus and look for his new friend. The cart came to a stop about a block from the school.

The stallion wiped a bit of sweat off his fur and said. "That'll be 10 bits."

Moon reached into his bag and found 12 bits. "Here you go. Keep the change."

The stallion smiled and nodded. He took off to find another customer. Moon picked up his bag and went to the front door. There was a sign on the door that read 'Not ready until 4 P.M.' A bit of joy over came Moon's face as he ran back to the school. He wondered what class his new friend had, and what time he would get out. His run dropped to a simple trot because he realized a class period had just started when he left.

Why was I running? He is in a class right now, so I can take my time. Moon told himself, trying to be koi about how happy he was to see his new friend.

He trotted down the side walk humming a song he heard when he was a kid. The noise of a carriage was approaching, but it didn't stop Moon from remembering the song. As the carriage passed by he heard a loud 'HEY'. His eyes snapped open and he turned his head around to see Wild's head popping out the carriage window. Wild jumped out and ran over to Moon.

"What are you doing out here dude?" Wild asked with a grin on his face.

Moon smiled and replied. "I'm done for the day. Only have 4 classes."

Wild laughed at the concept. "A freshman with only 4 classes? Are you sure your going to graduate?"

"Hey I got the mental ability to take any class and pass." Moon bragged. "Of course I'm going to graduate."

They both laughed. "So what about you? Why aren't you in class"

"I don't like classes during the day. I'm more of a night pony you know...." Wild trailed off when he heard his stomach growl. "Feel like grabbing a bite to eat. I know this great place just over the hill." Wild asked.

"Yeah. I'm getting a little hungry." Moon replied only to have his stomach make light of how hungry he really was. "Okay maybe a lot hungry"

They laughed and hopped into the back of the carriage that was a couple steps away.

---------------

Moon had a great day with his new friend. After they ate, they went to a near by movie theater to watch a movie about the end of Equestria. The movie was great. It was a hour long carriage ride back to the school. The sun had begun to set, filling the sky with a mixture of orange, blue, and purple light. Wild's house was farther away from Moons, so he dropped Moon off and went to his house. Moon opened the door and walked into the house. A 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom house was a lot for one pony. His parents bought him the house as a going away gift. Moon never saw it that way.

They just don't want me to come home. He said to himself angrily

The house was furnshied so there was no need for Moon to by worried about what he would have to do for money to buy stuff. The house had a guest room toward the back, that was converted into a DJ center. Moon had specially asked for that conversion. The whole house has hard wood floor and everything was brand new. The front door lead to a hallway that went to the rooms. Moon took a couple steps and found the living room and dining room. There were two openings. One one the left led into the living room. There was a huge T.V. with a nice looking couch. The windows gave a view of the campus, but it wasn't great. The opening on the right had a oak table with 5 chairs around it. He dropped his bag on the floor and walked past the dinner table.Moon pushed a door open and found the kitchen. There was a center piece that was covered in a black and white marble. The stove, refrigerator, and microwave were all in a stainless steel that went will the dark cabinets. Moon walked out and picked up his bag for the floor. He trotted to his room. He had a long day, and he was ready to sleep. He set his iPhone alarm for 6 A.M. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, he had a 7 to 7 schedule. It was going to be a long day tomorrow. He passed out around 7:30 ish.

---------------

Moon was twitching in his bed and suddenly awoke to a loud alarm tone. He quickly turned it off and look around his dark room. It was a bit nippy, but nothing Moon couldn't handle. He threw the blankets off his warm body and streched. With a low yawn, he hopped onto all fours and trotted to his restroom. The master restroom had a bathtub/jacuzzi next to a brand new shower. The large sink and mirror reflected the image, and made the room appear to be biger than a normal restroom.

Oh next time...... I'm going to make time to use that. Moon thought to himself

He reached inside and turned a faucet until water came spurting out. When it reached perfect temperature, he stepped inside. Before he knew it, he was out, had breakfast, and had all of his things ready for class. It was about 6:40 when he walked out of his house. There was a carriage at the end of the street. He trotted to the street corner and hopped into the bright yellow carriage.

"Where to sir?" The stallion asked from outside the carriage.

"The University please." Moon replied.

The carriage advanced through the grey morning with ease. A couple of turns and they arrived at the front parking lot of Hayverd. Moon paid the driver and proceeded into the school. Armed with a small map, Moon found his class building with ease and entered. He walked down a hallway and found a class room with ponies standing outside. He trotted over and waited with the rest of the ponies. They weren't talking, and the silence was thick. Everypony was so tired that talking took to much of their 'sleeping' brain power to even attempt. The class stood in silence until a pink mare entered the hallway. She bounced up and down until she was outside the door like everypony else.

"Hey why is everypony so glum?" She asked rather loudly.

The slience stood its ground until the pink mare spoke again. "Come on everypony!? Smile it's a great day!"

One of the pegasi groaned and dropped his head down. Moon didn't fair much better. He was begining to become angry and annoyed at the mare.

It's way to early for this Moon thought.

The silence was winning again and everypony had done nothing to hold it back. Once again the pink mare decided against letting everypony sleep.

She trotted down the hallway shaking the hooves of everypony. "Hello I'm Pinkie Pie." She repeated over and over. Moon pulled out his iPhone and placed the ear buds in, before Pinkie got to him. SubSonice rave started playing, and he felt his eyelids becoming heavy. SubSonic rave was like rave, but much more calm. It was said to have a calming effect on the mind, and that was working for Moon right now. He closed his eyes and bumped his head to the music.

Suddenly he heard a commotion from outside his relaxing world. His eyes opened slowly and he looked down the line. To his surprise 6 or 7 mares had rallied up and surrounded Pinkie Pie. Moon was shocked to see the pink mare slowly walking back only to find a wall waiting for her. Moon pulled the ear buds out and listened to the mares. They were insulting her.

"Please I didn't know I was causing trouble." Pinkie said with a frown

All the mares spoke at once, but from the tone, Moon could tell they weren't for giving her. Some of the mares were shouting at Pinkie. Her rather poofy pink mane flattened and dropped to her left. Tears began forming in her eyes. Finally Moon closed his eyes and spoke in a loud strong voice.

"Why don't you pick on somepony else?"

All eyes fell onto Moon as he broke the ranks and proceeded to Pinkie's side. The silence was thick, but Moon was the one to break it this time.

"Hi. My name is Moon Ray. It's a pleasure to meet you." He wrapped his forelegs around the pink crying mare.

She sniffled a little and then cleared her throat as he let go. "My name is Pinkie Pie." She replied while wiping the tears from her eyes.

Moon threw a gentle smile to her and she smiled back. Her mane turned back into the crazy poofy version. He decided against asking how her mane did that. Suddenly a suited pony emerged from down one of the hallways.

"Students. If I could get your attention real quick. The Equis teacher who normally teaches this class is out sick today. She didn't call in until now so there is no sub yet." Said the stallion. "She would like to say that she is sorry she couldn't be with you today and she hopes you can forgive her."

The ponies groaned and sighed. "We got up early for nothing." Said one of the ponies.

Great now I have two hours until my next class. Moon thought while placing a hoof on his face.

Pinkie saw that, and being Pinkie, she asked Moon what the problem was.

"Well I just knida didn't want to wake up this early. I really don't feel like hanging out here, but my home is kind of far from here." Moon replied.

"Oh.... Wait I have a great idea!" she practically yelled. "Why don't you come to my dorm? I'm sure my roomie wouldn't mind. She's always studying at this time anyway. You could sleep on the couch or in the guest bed"

"Well I don't want to impose." Moon said quietly

"No. You will be fine. I'm sure my roomie would like some company any way." Pinkie said while standing up and pulling my hoof.

Well what could go wrong? Moon asked himself. "Sure. I could use the extra sleep." Moon said while pushing up on all fours.

They walked out the door into the cool fall air. The sun wasn't completely up yet, but light was shining on the city. They passed a couple of buildings and ponies that didn't pay much attention to them.

"Oh I forgot. Thank you for saving me from the other mares." Pinkie said while smiling.

"Don't mention it." Moon smiled back.

A couple more minutes passed by until they came to a large building simply labeled 'student dorms'. Pinkie opened the door and trotted inside. Moon followed, and looked around at the dorm.

Wow. This is nothing like the dorm I have. Moon said to himself.

They came to a door with the numbers 219 on it. Pinkie fumbled with her keys, but she heard a click from inside the room. She pushed open the door and spoke quietly.

"Hey Twilight. This is my new friend Moon Ray."

Moon looked around and suddenly a dark object came into his field of view. The object trotted over and flicked a light switch. The purple mare looked back and became angry.

"Pinkie! You should have told me you were bringing a friend. I could have cleaned up a little."

Pinkie's ears dropped as she replied. "Sorry Twilight."

"Oh it's okay Pinkie." She replied sweetly.

Moon hadn't said a single word. He was tongue tied.

Moon was standing in the door way, as stiff as a door. Wow she is pretty. Everything about her just seems amazing. Her voice is soft, and she looks beautiful to.

She looked over to Moon and smiled. "Hello. My name is Twilight Sparkle."

Moon looked down and replied. "My name is Moon....... Moon Ray." He had a long pause in between his words.

"Well come in. Would you like anything?" Twilight asked.

"Um no I think I'm okay." Moon replied.

"Do you think he can sleep in the guest bed?" Pinkie asked.

"I don't see why not." Twilight replied. "Pinkie show him to the guest room while I make breakfast."

Moon was so lost in his thoughts that he couldn't hear what had just been said. Next thing he knew he was inside a room with a bed, Pinkie was fixing.

"Hey Moon. What do you think about Twilight?" The pink mare asked while nudging Moon's chest.

Moon felt heat coming from his cheeks and he looked away.

"So you do like her?" Pinkie said quietly.

Moon nodded and looked back at the bed. "She seems nice.... She is very beautiful as well."

Pinkie smiled and trotted towards the door

"Pinkie." Moon called out. "Please don't say anything to her. I want to see if this is just a crush or the real deal."

"I promise." She said.

The door closed and Moon was alone.

I feel so strange. I want to talk to her but I just get so nervous that I get tongue tied. Is this what it feels like to....Like somepony? How can this be? I just met her. There is no way I could be falling for anypony this quick. I just don't know how to feel. I never liked anypony before this. What do I do?!

Moon's thoughts spun out of control. The 'Perfect Stallion' had doubts about himself.

Does she like me back? Would she like me if we got time to get to know each other? I wonder what she likes around here. Maybe I could take her to the restaurant on the beach front. Would that be considered a date?

That idea caused Moon to blush furiously. He had never been on a date before. He never had a relationship before. He never liked anypony before. This was all new to him. His heart bumped wildly as he took deep breaths to calm down. He laid on the small bed and tried to sleep off the weird feeling.

---------------

An hour thirty minutes had passed by. Not a single second helped Moon relax. He tossed and turned think about Twilight. He looked at his phone and got out of the bed. Moon looked at the door and wondered if she was out there. He took a deep breath and looked at himself in a mirror.

Okay I'm going to ask her what classes she has. Maybe I have one, and we could talk to each other. That will help me discover my feelings about her. Moon told himself.

He opened the door and found nopony in the room. There was a little note on the counter simply labeled Moon. Moon trotted over and used his magic to read the note.

Dear Moon.

Pinkie has a class at 9 so she left a while ago. I needed to run to town for some groceries. I'm sure you have a class so just let yourself out when you wake up.

T.S.

"Dam! Why didn't I come out sooner?!" He yelled. "I wish I could come back but I don't want to show up uninvited."

He left the note in the counter and left the room. He wanted to stay and wait for Twilight, but he needed to get to his classes or risk being dropped.

"Why do I feel this way? Is this what a crush like?" He shook his head and tried calm himself down. "No mare can resist me. Why should I be worried!?" He said confidently.

The day was slow and the fear ate at him all day. He returned to his house after getting out of his history class at 7 P.M. It was dark and empty. He really wanted to change that, but as far as he knew, the ponies he met (a whopping 3) had good homes. Moon didn't care to eat. His head ,still wrapped around Twilight, refused to allow him to have a decent day. He flopped on his bed and passed out.

---------------

Moon slowly came out of his sleep to see a room filled with darkness. He pick up his iPhone and checked the time. It was 4:30 in the morning. The only thought pulling him out of bed was the hot tub bath that waited for him in the restroom. He plugged the phone in and proceeded to fill the tub with warm water. He stepped inside and kicked the jets on. Moon was lost in pure relaxation. The jets hit his back and neck, allowing them to be loosened and relaxed. He let out a moan and stretched in the hot water. After a hour in the Jacuzzi/tub, he jumped out and took a shower. When he left the house the clock on his phone read 6:30. He caught the same carriage and went to school. The nippy air was causing Moon to re think his decision to not wear a jacket. He arrived at school and trotted through the campus. This was his favorite class and he had no problem finding it. He arrived to sniffling ponies. Wild broke through to talk to Moon. They hoof bumped and started a conversation about their classes. It wasn't long before the teacher let everypony into the class and closed the door. He took roll and Moon tuned out. He began to think about Twilight and where she was right now. Suddenly the door swung open and a mare walked through the open space. Moon, still looking off into the grey sky, listened for a name.

"Ah welcome to the class. Please introduce yourself and chose a seat." Sun Beam spoke in a loud tone.

"Good morning everypony." Moon snapped out of his daze.

NO. THAT'S NO POSSIBLE. His head shot to the front of the class.

"My name is Twilight Sparkle and I'm glad to be here." Twilight had a little grin on her face.

Author's Note:

So I started this chapter and told myself. "Okay 2,000 words and I should be done with this chapter".......... Ya that didn't happen. I kept changing parts and adding new parts until I really felt it was ready. Well there is two stories in this one. The first is the one between sapphire and her savior, and the second is the main love story. Even though I said the story doesn't focus on any one character, I originally wrote it to be told from Moon's perspective. From this moment on Moon Ray shall become the main character! The next story will have a great romance mystery and Sapphire will find out who saved her. As always please comment what you think and suggest to your friends