• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 462 Views, 4 Comments

Sara’s Adventures in Ponyville - themultiversewatcher



Sara, a triceratops, moves to Ponyville. She meets ponies, makes friends and enemies, and saves an entire universe.

  • ...
 4
 462

Intro

Sara was a regular triceratops. Of course, she would be if she weren’t the second in command of the greatest military group in Sauria, and possibly the entire multiverse. Her brother was a human named Sean. Many years before, Sean had arrived on the planet by means of an inter-universal portal and became the savior of the entire Saurian race. After being trained by his mentor, Fred, he became the protector of the multiverse. Therefore, it was his job to monitor new universes and to help them if there were problems. One day, Sean came up to Sara.

“Hey Sara, I recently found out about a new universe that has appeared. Apparently, it is a land inhabited by ponies. The universe, I’ve been told, is called Equestria, after the home country of the universe heroines. Since you can’t interfere with the main universe, I’ve taken the liberty to give you a sandbox universe to do whatever you want. First, though, lets get you brushed up on your Equestrian customs and history.”

As the maintainers of the multiverse, it was their job to monitor everything. They needed to know what was happening. With over 7 trillion members, all from different universes, they were the most extensive group in the entire multiverse. The infinite number of universes meant an infinite number of possibilities, and sometimes breaches happen where creatures from one universe end up in others. The team that is closest takes care of the problem.

In order to understand the job, you must first understand how the group moves from universe to universe. The multiverse is accessible in two ways. One is through the use of carefully maintained portals, or gateways, the other, more common way is stumbling into a rouge portal. The maintained portals were only available to Sean’s team.

A few days later…

“…And that’s all you need to know. I will not tell you the names of anypony,” Sean said.

Sara looked at him, slightly annoyed. He had never been a very good teacher, and she wished sometimes that he were. This was one of those times. “Look, Sean,” she said, “if they all have the naming system you say they have, then a name like Sara is going to sound weird. I need a different name. Also, I should probably use the species changer to look like a pony.”

Sean laughed, “I don’t think it matters that much. Your name is Sara, after all. I also think that you are going to be just fine as the only Saurian there. I, however, would have to change my appearance and name in order to not weird them out.”

“Yeah, because a dinosaur is totally something they see often,” grumbled Sara. “So, where am I going to arrive?”

“In the Everfree Forest. It is the easiest place to open a portal for some reason. By the way, I want you to do some research as to why this is. I need to know so that I can possibly fix the problem.”

“Got it,” said Sara, “Anything else?”

“No, that should be all. Well then, on your way.”

At the snap of his fingers, a portal opened. Sara entered the hole. In between universes, there is a space known to some as the Void. It is basically a highway between the universes. Within a few seconds, Sara found the universe she wanted. The portal opened up, and she went on through.


On the other side of the portal, Sara found herself in the middle of a dark forest. The silence within was more oppressive than she thought it would be. She looked at her surroundings with interest. She was in the ruins of an old castle that was crumbling around her. Behind her was an old stone pedestal. In front of her was an old wooden double door.

“Well,” she said to herself, “I can’t believe I made it without being in any danger. Usually there is some monster in front of me. Better not look a gift horse in the mouth.”

She decided it would be best if she left the castle. Outside, she found a recently used path that lead to an old wood bridge. She noticed that the bridge wobbled as she went across. Once on the other side, she found a river and a serpent. The moustache on the serpent was peculiar. One half was a nice tannish color, while the other was a royal shade of purple.

“Hello,” said Sara, “I was wondering if you would be willing to give me a lift across the river, please.”

“Ohohohoho,” the serpent laughed, “Sure you can! I am in such a good mood.”

“Thank you. By the way, what is with your gorgeous moustache?”

“Some really nice pony came by and sacrificed her beautiful tail for me.”

Once on the other side, Sara found that the path continued into the distance. After about half an hour, she saw a small town framed in the boughs of the trees.

“Well, here we go. I hope they don’t find me weird.”

Author's Note:

In case you were wondering, a sandbox universe is a universe that can be messed with. It does not have to follow the original universe perfectly.