• Published 28th Jan 2012
  • 741 Views, 2 Comments

The Right Ingredients - TheMightyEquestrian47



This story is about pinkie pie when she was growing up.

  • ...
 2
 741

Chapter 1- A Tragedy to Remember

(In the words as said by Pinkie Pie)

I remember back when I was a filly, I always had it hard and nothing was going good for me. I still have these memories of when I was a filly. Also when I was young, i didn't always live at that rock farm but actually before that I belonged to a loving family. I still remember my mom looking down at me with a tear in her eye when I was just born.
She looked somewhat like me. She was a pink pony just like me but with a long, straight violet mane and my dad was a brown colt with a black mane. My mom loved him very much and she would always be around my dad in the house. I used to live in a house along the outskirts of Canterlot. Some days me and my parents would go to Canterlot and visit all of the shops they had. My mom and dad always bought me what they could afford. In my old room, I would have so many toys and clothes I wouldn't be able to open the closet! Everyday was magical when I was with my parents but then one day something happened and changed my life forever.

One night my mom and dad layed me down to sleep and they went to bed. Shortly after I heard a strange noise, it seemed like I heard whispering. So I got out of my bed and walked over to the door way. I peeked my head through the door and looked around our hallway, but there was nothing to spot. Then as I was walking back to my bed, I heard 2 large shrieks coming from down the hallway. I was afraid, I didn't know what was going on but I was curious. I walked into the hallway but then a large shadowy figure walked past me and I hid in our hamper. I didn't what what it was but something terrible happened and I was desperate to know. I reached my parents room and walked in. The window was flown open with a strong wind coming through the house. Then I walked over to the other side of the bed and there was an image I could never forget. As I walked over to the other side of the bed, I saw both of my parents on the floor dead. They both had suffered many cuts and wounds. I cried my eyes out and ran back to my room trying to go back to sleep but now the house was silent and I was the only pony in the house now. I managed to cry myself to sleep then the next day someone visited the house. It was one of my mom's dear friends. She walked in the house to talk to my mom and walked into my parents bedroom. She couldn't believe her eyes but then she heard my soft crying from my room. The pony walked up to me and thought what she should do with me because I had no more parents. She told me to get everything I could carry and come with her.

Walking through Canterlot was not a happy time for me at the moment. I looked around and saw other ponies laughing and enjoying their day while I was walking beside my mom's friends. We walked quiet far but then we finally reached this building towering above me, and it was called "Happy Hooves Orphanage". I was old enough to know what that meant and I bent my head down in sadness walking up the stairs into building. We reached a tall desk with a green pony sitting behind it. I heard some talking from the both of them and then the green pony called me to come with her while saying goodbye to the other pony. I walked along with her upstairs and reached a bedroom. She told me this was going to be my new room for now on and she gave me a run down of what I was to expect while living here. I nodded my head and then looked out the window. Looking down upon Canterlot was such a nice view but because of the situation, it made me want to cry. Sometimes I would even look outside and see a little purple pony walking with her family to the large building net door. I now know that was Twilight Sparkle with her parents walking into "Celestia's School Of Magic". But still looking at that gave me sadness. Then I walked back to my bed and stared into the ceiling thinking how much longer it would be until I get a family.

A few months have passed and I was starting to think that I would never find another family but something good happened that day. I walked downstairs and peeked upon the entrance room only to see a grey colored family walking in.
The caretakers brought them to the room where us orphans would speak to the families and they choose if they want to adopt us or not. I took the moment into thought and quickly perked up. It was my time to see them. I walked into the room with confidence and told them about myself and it would seem they were quiet interested in what I had to say. After the meeting, the grey family walked back to the desk and I heard mumbling once more and hoping for the best. The caretaker then told me they were going to adopt me. I jumped for joy and quickly galloped over to my new family then got my stuff and left with them into Canterlot. Now looking around at the alleyways didn't seem so bad anymore. I was with my new family so it didn't bother me anymore.

We took a wagon to my family's farm but as I got off of the wagon, I was expecting it to be a vegatable farm but then only to find that it was a Rock Farm. I glanced at the fields with a blank stare. I said to myself "Do I really want to be farming rocks?" But I didn't care and walked inside the barn with my new family. They set up my room and introduced me to the rest of the family. I found out that I now had 2 sisters. Although my older sister Octavia always looked down on me as a pony, I still loved her but as for my other sister she didn't talk much but when I ever tried even talking to her, she would say "Get back to work." My family was always very boring but I had to adjust and get used to my new way of life, "Rock farming".