• Published 25th Jan 2012
  • 6,516 Views, 50 Comments

A Force Like No Other - Edmar Fecler



Star wars universe and Pony universe collide

  • ...
8
 50
 6,516

Prelude

LOG ENTRY #001
SUBJECT: THE DOWNFALL OF MY PEOPLE

Since the beginning, my people have had special abilities that grant us great powers. These have included the ability to lift virtually anything using telekinesis, astonishingly long life spans, and even foresight into the future. We have also always been a truly peaceful race, making sure to use our powers wisely and never taking advantage of our gifts. Only during desperate times have we resorted to violence, and such instances have been few and far between. Over time, these powers became known as “Magic”.

With the aid of our “magic” my people established a sturdy government, which was aptly titled the Equestrian Empire. Our empire stretched across our entire planet under the leadership of my parents; the king and queen. As for me, well I was just the eager young princess.

My people prospered in those times, using the combined knowledge of both the Superiors and the common folk to help plant crops, establish businesses, and create vast cities. Over time, not only did we expand in civilization and technology, but our magical abilities grew exponentially as well.
Truly, those were the golden ages.

After several thousand years of our civilization’s expansion, for the first time in our people’s existence we received a visitor. An alien, whose ship had been damaged, crash landed on our planet. The outsider claimed he was a representative for the “Galactic Republic”, and that he had been attacked by a band of pirates. As our top scientists repaired the representative’s ship, and gathered as much alien technology as they could, my father graciously allowed him to reside in the royal castle with our family.

Over the time span of about three years, the representative lived with us. He and my father spent many hours discussing each other’s governments. Dad was fascinated by the idea of a government that had supremacy over hundreds, if not thousands of star systems. However, he did not like the thought of the constant conflicts that would come as a result of such extensive power.

As I recall, the representative was just as fascinated with our civilization as we were with his. Usually he asked about things such as how our economy functioned, or how we had constructed, and I quote, “Such unfathomably gorgeous cities.” Overall, I think he seemed quite overwhelmed by our people’s success.

During the three years that he spent living with us, he seemed to become more and more attached to us. Needless to say, when the day came for him to leave, he was very distraught at having to go. I even remember seeing a tear creep down his face as he boarded his ship. After the visitor left, however, my father grew stern for some time. From what I remember, he was deeply concerned about what would happen if the representative told his leaders about our planet and its people. Considering the recent series of events, his concern was more than justified.

The technology we had obtained from the representative’s ship proved to be very productive in terms of scientific advancement. It wasn’t long after his departure that we began creating a wide variety of similar, more land-based vehicles. Of course, between our natural gift of flight and our ability to teleport, we had little need for such contraptions. Still, we kept creating them and my people kept purchasing them. …Just the first of many effects that outsiders have inflicted upon our culture.

Anyhow…

A few short years later, the representative returned. This time he brought someone else along with him. While my father was overjoyed to see his friend, his concerns from before returned. He was not comfortable with the newcomer’s presence for a time, but he became more trusting as the newcomer explained himself.

I remember him saying he was known as a “Jedi”, and that he too had natural gifts called “the Force”. The more he described the Force to my father, the more it sounded like our magic. He even had some of the same abilities as we did; such as telekinesis and the perception to see into the future. Despite the Jedi’s abilities, ours vastly overpowered his in every way. It is my conclusion, after several years of contemplation, that our magic and his Force powers are one in the same.

Before long, my father began spending a lot time with the Jedi and the representative. I believe father made some kind of deal with the Jedi, because they began teaching each other about their abilities. They even began training together as I remember.

As that was going on, the representative was spending more time with me and my mother. He was such a nice man, always willing to help us in any way he could. *sigh* It almost makes me wish that he had never left.

Like before, much time went by with us mingling and sharing our separate worlds with each other. But as the outsider’s time to leave came closer, my father and the Jedi came to some form of agreement. They decided that, aside from the representative, only Jedi would be allowed to visit our world.

And so the Jedi and the representative left our home, returning to their Republic. I remember their farewell party being even more extravagant than the first time the representative had departed. In the time after they embarked on their journey home, Father took a lot of time meditating and practicing what the Jedi had shared with him. It was apparent he was becoming increasingly powerful with each passing day.

Father’s attitude began to change over time. Now that I think back to it, the most probable cause was that all his power had begun to go to his head. In any case, he was changing. It was only when he began having fits of rage that my mother and I went to the elders seeking an explanation. They said that Father’s actions and new powers were caused by “dark magic”. They described dark magic as an evil that caused even the most pure to turn into vile, wretched being filled with only hate and greed.

After consulting with my mother, the elders came to the decision that if my father could not be cured of the dark magic he would have to be purged of the darkness in order to prevent the evil from spreading to others.

My father, unfortunately, got word of the elder’s plans to cure him of the dark magic, and immediately ordered them all to be thrown into the dungeon for treason against the crown. My mother pleaded with him to let them help him, but he did not listen to her nor did he listen to anyone else.

Soon he became increasingly bored, making accusations such as ‘wanting to branch out and use his powers’ and even ‘feeling a need to see some action, perhaps a battle or two’. These, as well as other cravings, had my mother on edge worrying about what he might do, should he lose control of his mind.

Just as his desires seemed to be reaching a peak, a very bizarre and unexpected event happened. My father had put himself into a deep, deep meditation; one that he demanded not to be disturbed from under penalty of death. His meditation became so deep, in fact, that we feared he had gone into some kind of self-inflicted coma. But taking the penalties of disturbing his peace into account, no one even dared to come close to him.

Seven peaceful years passed before my father awoke from his meditation. When he did wake, he seemed to be very satisfied with himself for some reason. He wouldn’t speak a word of what he had been meditating about to anyone, not even to mother. But a few short days later he claimed he was going away on an extended personal vacation of some sort, and that my mother should be allowed to rule in his stead until he returned. But only until his return.

Without so much as a farewell to his people, and me for that matter, he vanished off the face of our planet. Immediately after his departure, my mother demanded that the elders be released from the dungeons and began having several conferences with them.

I don’t remember much about those two years, but I remember what happened next very well. The Jedi returned to our planet, alone this time, to spend some more time with my father and see how his teachings had progressed. What had happened over the past few years with my father and the dark magic came as a massive shock to him. He concluded that my father had become possessed by the ‘dark side of the force’ as he called it.

It was decided unanimously by the council, the Jedi, and even my mother, that my father needed to be purged of the evil. Soon afterwards, plans to achieve this feat were formulated. All we could do then was wait for my father’s return from his “vacation”.

When my father did return, he brought with him several souvenirs from his travels. But these souvenirs were nothing like what we might have expected. In fact, they could hardly be called souvenirs at all. They were trophies; trophies that represented intense, violent battles with ferocious monsters. Battle in which no mercy was shown, no matter the opponent. Yet, he was still reluctant to tell what he was doing with his powers, and where he had traveled.

My father had completely changed. He was nothing like the rest of our people now. He was an arrogant, cruel, and bloodthirsty being whose only similarity to us was his appearance.

He was thrilled to hear that the Jedi had returned. My father summoned him immediately so they could discuss their powers as they had done long ago. The Jedi, however, refused the offer, claiming that my father had misused the powers he had been given. Taking the Jedi’s accusations as a personal insult, Father became furious. He banished the Jedi from our planet, stating that if he should ever see him or any others like him ever again, they would be killed on sight. The Jedi, knowing he was vastly outmatched, left our planet again. Only this time, there wasn’t even a whisper of throwing a farewell party for him.

As the next few years passed, matters went from bad to worse. My father’s new methods of ruling stressed out people. New laws were issued, the economy began to collapse, and rumors of a resistance began to spread. Yet despite these hardships, the situation grew worse with the death of my mother. She died while giving birth to my younger sister.

My sister was different from birth. Instead of regal white hair, as was the tradition, she was born with deep blue hair. Aside from her unusually colored hair, she seemed to behave just as any other youngling would. It was tragic that my father wanted nothing to do with her, claiming she had killed my mother. He never let her do anything, and I seemed to be the only comfort she had.

Father grew increasingly mad each day after Mother died. More new laws and punishments were sending our people into a dark age, and the whispers of rebellion quickly turned into violent outbursts from random civilians on the streets. It was chaos. My people had gone from a proud and peaceful empire to a harsh and cruel dictatorship in a matter of years.

As my father’s insanity grew he began rambling about another world, his personal ‘safe haven’ as he called it. My sister and I listened to more of his rants and it became apparent that during the self-induced coma, he had somehow used his vast power to create a small pocket dimension of his very own. As ludicrous as it seemed to my sister, I remembered when he had returned from his ‘vacation’ with all of his otherworldly trophies.

It didn’t seem possible in any way. How could a single being create a whole different star system in another dimension? And more importantly… How could my sister and I travel there if our planet tore itself apart from the civil war that was dawning on the horizon?

After much contemplation I decided that if I was ever going to find this world, I was going to have to travel there the same way my father had done it.

And so, with a civil war visible in the distance, I put myself into a coma so deep there wasn’t a chance of anybody disturbing my meditation. I have no idea how long it took me to find what I was looking for as I sifted through the very essence of the force. Once I found what I was looking for, I knew exactly how to travel there via a custom method of teleportation that my father had developed.

I was greeted by total chaos when I awoke from the coma. While I was ‘away’, the rebellion had apparently initiated a full-blown hostile takeover. From what information I could gather from my sister, they had spread far and wide, recruiting any and all who shared their opinions on my father’s rule. They had even recruited many of the military to their cause, and were now storming the capitol city in a final effort to overthrow my father.

As I rushed out upon a balcony, I could see a massive battle seething through the city’s streets. Blood being spilled, buildings destroyed, and utter madness, all running rampant in what used to be a beautiful city. And there on the threshold of the palace, was my father wielding so much of his magic it appeared as a material weapon. He was smiting his attackers left and right, showing no mercy. It was obvious that his mind had slipped into oblivion at last.

I could not bear to witness such… unimaginable horrors any longer. I prepared myself and my sister for the teleportation spell needed to travel to the distant world and escape the horrors that my father had inflicted upon my people. I was interrupted by a thunderous explosion from outside. My father had begun to destroy everything and everyone. His power was so great; the ground beneath his very feet began to collapse under the intensity. The last thing I remember him shouting was “If I can’t have this planet, then no one can!” After that, the entire world began to quake violently.

It soon became clear to me as to what was going on. My father, with madness destroying his mind, was trying to use his vast power to destroy the entire planet. My sister and I watched helplessly as the very ground began to split open. There was no time to waste if we were going to escape. Taking one last look off the balcony at my crumbling world, I cast the spell.

The journey was not very long, but it left my sister and I unconscious at our destination. When we woke, we found ourselves surrounded by wilderness that had yet to be tamed. I hope to create a new civilization on this isolated world, separated from everything else. A civilization in which my sister and I can rule in harmony and peace. But there is much work to be done, and we need to begin creation of our new civilization.

A totally new world, one where my sister and I are the only ones of our species. In fact, we are probably the last two of our kind still alive.

I think I will name this land in loving memory of what once was… Equestria.


Princess Celestia, ruler of New Equestria
Date: 1/1/1

-END OF RECORDING-