• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 325 Views, 0 Comments

The great pony wars toll. - scootaloocutestfilly



Twilight's lover is sent to fight in the great pony war.

  • ...
9
 0
 325

Chapter 1: All quiet on the front.

Thunder Hooves sat in the bunker shivering so badly that from a distance it would appear that he was having convulsions. The cold is something that he has never experienced before, due to where he used to live which was always sunny and rarely below 70 degrees.

The pony next to him was in no better state, the pony turned to him and through chattering teeth said "I hate the cold, so much." Thunder Hooves turned to him and began to say something but stopped and just nodded in agreement. In the distance they could hear the boom of an anti air gun going off, and the constant fire from both advancing forces fighting.

Thunder Hooves had leaned his head against the wall and closed his eyes hoping to doze off and try to catch up on some lost sleep, when he heard the familiar sound of static from the radio and then the voice of somepony back at the base.
"Attention Charlie company, we know you boys are having a hard time out there but i believe we may have something that will cheer y'all up!".

Thunder popped his eyes open and rushed over to the radio snatching the mic and responding with sudden interest, "hello mission command it's nice to hear from you guys! what is it that y'all may have that could make this day any better?". White noise followed and then was interrupted by the familiar pop of someone responding, "We have a full set of care packages from home and some mail from the loved ones on it's way to your location, we thought we might rise some spirits before raising the score".

As cold as it is where thunder and the rest are, hearing that made his heart warm, and he smiled and said "Thanks for all the help mission command, you guys are a real blessing". Thunder stepped away from the radio and told the rest of the guys the good news, everypony in the bunker ran out and looked into the horizon waiting for the familiar whine of the helicopter that will be delivering the long awaited goods. The chopper came into site and soared over their heads performing a U-turn and preparing to land.

After the chopper had touched down and unloaded, it lifted off and returned back to base. Thunder hooves watched as his fellow soldiers laughed, smiled (and for the first time in days) experienced joy from something that reminded them all of home, reminded them all what they were fighting for. It even reminded Thunder what he misses the most, his beautiful mare back home, Twilight Sparkle. Thunder remembers the day of the draft very well. It was the hardest thing he ever had to do, once he took his seat on the bus that would take them to boot camp to prepare them for war, he could still smell her perfume on his mane from the last hug he would get from her for the next 2 years.

Author's Note:

I am quite aware of the fact that my story is not the best example of perfect punctuation.

I would like to thank FlutterGuy227 for spending his time checking over and editing the story so it is not a wall of text.