• Published 31st Jan 2013
  • 753 Views, 10 Comments

Silvermane - Fanskapet



Who is this strange stallion that wandered into Sweet Apple Acres? Why does he walk with Fluttershy?

  • ...
1
 10
 753

Chapter 6 First Tree Bucked


Sweet Apple Acres 06:53 in front of the barn

"*Yawn* I'm here, now what am I supposed to do?"

"Well I be... yer actually in time." Applejack smiled, as she heard him, taking a quick look on a small golden watch.
"So are ya ready to buck some apples?"

"I guess, wheres that big guy uh Big Mac?" He answered, looking around for the big stallion he had a very brief and few worded chat with the day before.

"Well ah wanted to get to know ya better, since yer stayin' with mah friend and all." She smiled at him.

"So you are saying I will work with you instead of Big Mac?"

"Eeyup, ya ever bucked apples before?" She asked, as they begun walking towards the apple trees.

"No, it's actually the first time I ever seen apple trees." He mumbled, as they walked through the trees, looking up every now and then at the big red apples hanging from the branches.

"Really?" She stopped and looked at him in surprise.

"Yes really!" Silvermane growled, giving her an angry look.

"Whoa boy no need to get all upset, ah was just surprised that's all." She held up her front hooves in defense, surprised at his reaction.

"Mhm" He snorted, shaking his head as they continued walking in silence.

"Soo ehm why don't ya tell me a bit about yerself." She looked at him after a few minutes of silent walking.

"What for? I'm just here to work, get paid and then return to Fluttershy." He gave her a look like she just said something stupid.

"Well ah wanna know who ah will be working with."

"Fine what do you want to know?" He walked over and sat down by one of the trees with a sigh.

"Well where are ya from?" She sat down in front of him, eyeing him carefully hoping to not anger him again.

"Stalliongrad." He said as his eye began to drift off over the juicy red apples hanging above them.

"Stalliongrad? that's quite far from Ponyville, what brings ya here?" She scrunched her face togheter trying to remember the geography of Equestria.

"Just wandering, didn't exactly have anything left for me in Stalliongrad anyway." He crossed his forelegs meeting her eyes with a surly expression.

"What about yer family?"

".......they aren't around anymore." He mumbled averting his gaze again, giving a heavy sigh as he stood up and motioned her to keep moving with a hoof.

"Oh sorry to hear that." She scratched her neck, feeling a bit bad for bringing up some bad memories for him, standing up and begun to walk again.

"Uhm well here we are, we will buck the apples around these parts to see if ya can handle 'em, since these ones are a bit smaller and easier bucked than the rest." She said, after they had walked a few minutes in silence, finally reaching the part of the orchard with the buckets already in place under the trees.

"And if I can't buck these trees?" He asked poking a nearby apple tree and looking at her like it is a lost cause.

"Well then we just see what else ya can do." She winked as she walked over to the tree.
"Now watch and learn."

*WHack*
Smiling at his surprised expression as all the apples fell off into the buckets with only one powerfull buck.
"There ya go, now ya try it."

"Like this?" He asked, as he walked over to another apple filled tree, turning around and putting himself in position for a powerfull buck like hers.

"A bit more forward and be sure ya plant yer front hooves firmly in the ground so ya dont tip over from the kick." She pointed her hooves where he should place his.

"Better?" He asked, after repositioning.

"Yep, now give it a go." She gave him a quick nod, seeing him lean forawrd and deliver a hard kick to the tree.

*Whack*

"Close, but yer not quite there, you got the power but not the precision." She smiled as she saw only a few more apples hanged from the tree, but turning into a frown as she saw the deep hoofmarks on the tree.
"Actually ya need less power and try not to hurt the trees."

"Wouldn't I need to kick stronger?"

"No, ya need to buck it more in the centre, to get the most of it."

"Mhm." He mumbled, shaking his long tangled mane from his eyes, readying himself to try and buck it again.

"More in the centre, not so hard grmrm."

"Wuzzat?" Applejack raised an eyebrow hearing him mumble something she couldn't make out.

*Whack*

"Nothing." He said, looking behind him seeing the last apples fall down from the tree.

"Mhm, well would ya look at that, much better." She walked over and begun picking up the stray apples that missed the buckets.

"Applejack?"

"Yesh?" She answered, holding an apple in her mouth.

"How much will I get paid?" He asked, picking up an apple and tossing it into a bucket.

"Well ah was thinking 100 bits a day, as we usually pay farmhands." She braced herself, expecting to get the same reaction like most others had done before him, getting angry and upset at the low pay.

"Hundr- a hundred bits?!"

"Yes ahm sorry we can't afford to pay ya more, but we really need some help now that Caramel is out of the picture." She scratched her neck and looking down on the ground.

"Pay more?! I had to work a month to get that amount of bits." He stared wide eyed at her.

"S-so ya agree to work for that pay then?"

"Are you kidding me?! with that kind of pay you can ask anything from me." He said, as he grabbed her hoof and stared into her eyes.

"A-ny-thing." He added with a wink.

"Oh uh eh m-maybe ya start with bucking the trees first." She said blushing a bit as she registered what he just had said.

Author's Note:

Yay new chapter hopefully its better than the last and fucking fuck it took long to write