• Published 12th Mar 2013
  • 866 Views, 5 Comments

Pony Fantasy - Lunar Protege



After Rainbow Dash Saves Princess Luna, she gets recruited into a new Branch of the Wonderbolts called the Dream-Bolts. [Epic Fantasy]

  • ...
3
 5
 866

The Start of a Guild. (Timeline 4): Day 0/1

In this Incredibly Strange story, it is hard to pinpoint an Exact Beginning. However, as the exact nature of Luna being hunted by inquisitors is not of Immediate concern for this story, let us begin at a tavern... After Rainbow Dash had beaten up some thugs with the blunt end of her Sword.

Rainbow Dash cupped her hoofs around her mug, watching Fluttershy Sip from her own drink. Her hair covering her eye, still swollen from the fight. "Is your eye feeling better?" She asked.

Fluttershy Nodded. "It... Hurts, but I can still mostly see," Fluttershy said. Of course, she motioned with a Hoof to make sure her darkened wound was still hidden behind her locks.

Rainbow Dash looked into her drink, an easier place to look than in Fluttershy's Eyes at that Moment.
"Listen, Fluttershy... I... Feel I should have been there to stop you getting hurt... And... I hate seeing you so sad.. So if there's anything I can do-"

Some strangled noises came from beneath the Table, interrupting them, and Rainbow Dash would have Ignored it... If it weren't for what happened next.

A Pair of Old Fashioned Ponies in Plain Country Clothes, with barely a trace of Arcane Magic effect on them Kicked open the Door of the Tavern, a somewhat malevolent shadow seeming to spill into the Room. And while most ponies nowadays had transitioned to bipedal movement over the years from the work of a Benevolent Unicorn Sorceress, those two continued to keep all four hooves on the ground. Indeed, perhaps one would Gesture to call them Incredibly Amish.

Dash Reached for her Blade, fashioned for use without Fingers, as did many in the room follow her lead. However, the one with a bowl Cut raised only a single hoof off the ground to wave them off.

"We're here for a certain fugitive. She called disgrace upon our church this night. Surrender her and you'll be free to continue drinking. Don't, and we'll burn this Building to the ground!"

Dash's face turned from a scowl to a Smirk. Her Reply would not be Elegant. "Screw the Tavern, if you think I'll hand over Somepony to you," she said. Her Arms, crossed over her chest, even though yet they didn't terminate with hands. "I might as well destroy it myself! So long as everyone SHIELDS THEIR EYES!"

In a single movement, she grabbed Fluttershy and whoever it was under the table and flew out the window at sonic velocity. sonic Rain-booms Obliterating the Tavern instantly.

Before she was clear of the blast though, she felt a ripple of anti-magic pass through her; and as she regressed to proper Equine from, she lost a grip on her companions...She didn't hear screaming though, just a surprised yelp. So obviously both of them were able to Fly.

Of course, that drew Rainbow Dash to the question of who their other companion was. So she turned to get a better look... And who she saw surprised her.

"Luna?"

---

After regrouping, the six modern legends you know of gathered at the train station to escort Luna on her way back to Canterlot. But their Defacto Leader, and Fellow Princess still had Questions. "If you don't mind Princess Luna," Twilight said, "why exactly would you be all the way out here?"

Luna was blushing. "It's a divine thing, I'm not sure all of you would understand... But needless to say, I over exerted myself." Luna turned to Dash. "In any case, I owe you a personal debt for tonight, and unlike the debt the entire Kingdom owes you all, I feel I should be obliged to repay it. Is there anything you need?"

Dash was briefly considering a sarcastic answer before the multiple pairs of eyes of her Companions on her reminded her this was a serious question. "I suppose the only thing I'm really looking for is a place on the Wonderbolts. But the last time I applied, they said I wasn't Paladin Material. Since I failed that requirement, they're not going to let me in."

Luna gave a quizzical look for the briefest moment before slapping her hoof to face. "Right, I forgot that's what Celestia did to the Wonderbolts while I was gone." Luna sighed. "Still, you're trying to get into them because they're a both a flight team and a Hero's Guild right? Aren't there any others that fit that description?"

"I hate to break it to you Luna..." Dash began, rubbing the back of her neck "But right now, no other Guilds or Flight teams exist in Equestria. hasn't been one since you left."

"Well then, I guess there's only one thing for it..." Luna said while motioning for them to get on the Train. "I'll fill you in on the details on the way to Canterlot. I'm sure Celestia owes me enough favors for this to work."

Everypony made confused mumbles amongst themselves wondering what Luna meant.

Luna cleared her throat. "What I mean to say is, we're going to establish our own Guild!"

---

Twilight was reading a dossier on the Train, when she looked up at Rainbow Dash. "It looks like training options are a bit limited, Celestia doesn't exactly have a contact list for these things."

Dash Scoffed, and lounged back in her seat. "Right, like I need many options. Almost half my combat experience is self taught."

"I can tell from your usual job title, 'professional barbarian for hire'." Twilight shuffled the papers around with her magic. "Well, all things considered, this isn't that bad. At the very least it turns out Luna was able to convince Spitfire to join us."

Dash's wings suddenly Puffed out. "Spitfire?! That's Awesome!"

Twilight Smiled. "I thought that might get your attention. From what Luna's notes say, she expressed a desire to train you as a Knight, which I think suits you better than 'Paladin' ever would."

"A knight huh," Dash said as she returned to her Lounging, "Sounds pretty cool, I'll do it."

A knock at the compartment door announced Pinkie Pie's Presence. "Twilight, can I speak to you in private?"

Rainbow Dash stood up. "We were just finished for the moment anyways. Besides, I should probably catch some rest, Twilight kept me up all night."

Pinkie nodded. "Right, that's probably a good idea. Wouldn't want to be tired on your first day. So... See you?"

As Rainbow Dash left the room, Twilight put aside the dossier and directed Pinkie to sit down. "I don't usually see you looking like you want serious conversation, is something bothering you?"

Pinkie took off her Pointy Sunglasses, Probably stolen from a Time and Place beyond their them. "Its not something bothering me, but it is important. Have you ever heard of Pone-Wolves?"

Twilight raised an eyebrow. "I'm familiar with the concept, but from what Celestia told me they disappeared into history ages ago."

Pinkie Sighed, looking out the Window like one would while reminiscing. "They went into hiding. Luna being their patron and being imprisoned in the moon kinda explains that."

Twilight sat in silence, unsure of what Pinkie's statement meant. "If they're still around, should we get in touch with them or something?"

Pinkie started to giggle. "You could say that, in fact, you're already good friends with one."

Twilight's confused look quickly defrosted. "Pinkie? Are you saying you're one of them?"

Pinkie nodded. "Of course silly, I was waiting until today to tell you. Today is supposed to be the day I explain... Most of the things that make no sense about me... Past, Future, and Present."

"How exactly does being a Pone-wolf explain anything?" Twilight asked, cradling her face in her Hooves. "Does it explain your Twitchy tail? Your uncanny knowledge? Your skills which seem to defy reality?"

Pinkie nodded enthusiastically. "Of course! Ever heard of an oracle?"

Twilight thought back over her books, however the ones that came to mind were once Obscure and only got Reprinted in the Last few decades. "I Think I Heard of it... It was listed as an alternative way of harnessing magic, and seemed to have ties to Luna and Celestia. But it said that any prospective Oracles need to be permanently cursed somehow."

As Twilight caught Pinkie's Snicker, Twilight's eyes widened. "Oh! Right! I forgot legends about Lycanthropy describe it in exactly those terms; even if it was a good thing for them."

Pinkie managed to pull herself together. "Trust your auntie Pinkie. By the end of this day, you'll make a choice that will change your life... Almost as much as those wings you keep hiding did."

Twilight felt her bound wings squirm under her shirt at the mention of them. And yet she had to admit to herself... She had a feeling Pinkie might be right.

---

Twilight had a lot to think about by the time the train Ride was over. And by the time they reached The guild house she was considering accepting a certain offer Pinkie made... Taking up lycathropy herself so she could learn to see the future for herself, as well as improve the spell-casting she already had.

As they arrived, Twilight noticed Luna was talking to Spitfire and Lyra Heartstrings; as they noticed their Arrival Luna Strode over to great them. "Nice to see you all made it," Luna started, "make yourselves at home, I know it's kinda beat up from the ground up, but the lower levels are still intact."

Twilight heard Dash yawn, and turned in time to see Dash dump her backpack by the door.
"Well, I'm done for the day, I still have to finish my nap, so see you all tonight," Dash said.

Twilight turned back to Luna while the others followed Dash inside. "So, Pinkie told me about something... A long time ago, you were involved with some kind of some kind of order of Lycanthropic Oracles. Correct?"

Luna rubbed the back of her head. "That's another thing for the memo list..." Luna said, almost to herself. "Although I should probably say I didn't just rule over them. I was one of them."

Twilight placed her hoof against her chin. "So this is for real... Then you should know, she offered to make me all... Wolfy."

Luna looked to Lyra, who was busy using some mechanical hands to input some data in a device, only to get a simple shrug in return. "I suppose it's probably important if she's offering," Luna said, "and she probably already knows you'll say yes. So my word isn't going to change much."

Twilight took a deep breath, and though her slow exhalation wasn't exactly a sigh, she stayed silent thinking on the matter.

"...You're anxious about going out of control aren't you?" Luna offered.

Twilight looked towards the guild-house. "Its mostly for our sake. I'm not entirely versed on whether I'll be dangerous or not."

Luna shrugged. "Probably not, even though many who go through with lycanthropy aren't always in control of their actions, they're still the same pony underneath. Just... A lot more emotional than most can handle." She Smiled, a fairly friendly one. "Even if it gets bad enough that you don't remember the previous night, you're not going to do anything against your nature."

Twilight sighed. "I guess you're right. I'll probably see you again tomorrow; Oracle stuff." She continued inside while Luna continued discussing something with Lyra. Tonight was likely to be an Important night for all of them.

---

After a long day trekking across a city once the train had arrived at it's destination, Dash was once again asleep. Dreaming of intimate and romantic moments with her friends. But after the dreams finished unloading that specific emotional baggage, there was one last scene before she woke; a number of alternate visions of herself looked on from the edges of her dream, giving a look at Dash she interpreted as approval. Of course, that's when the dream faded as awareness rushed to tell Dash she was falling.

Dash's jaw collided with the ground. And in some lingering fogginess she could have sworn she heard some chip-tune artifact associated with loosing health. But that's more Pinkie's field, and she was more interested in what Time it was. Obviously Late at night from how dark it was darkness.

Curiously, in the Moonlight she she managed to spy a note taped to the side of her bed.

After a brief scanning of the note she took away from it that it was from Spitfire, asking her to get a couple of things from Lyra, before seeing her on the roof. Training would begin at Midnight.

---

"Hmm..." Applejack looked over a room that used to be some kind of underground Bar. Or was it Tavern? You can never tell with Fantasy Terminology.

She noted that the place stocked a few casks from her Home in Sweet Apple Acres. Albeit ones a about a thousand years before her time. And though it tempted her to try some, she knew it was too well Aged, and so too valuable to use up just yet.

She sighed, unpacking a small travel sized case she brought with her; and as she did so, she heard some-pony walk in behind her; which she took a brief glance to. The lighting was dim, but she recognized a certain hat she wore. Which was curious... since she was already wearing it.

She cleaned out a pair of mugs and poured a drink for the two of them. A small silence ensued, until Applejack noted a couple of her limbs were made of machinery.

"So... How'd you earn those little war wounds there?" Applejack asked, leaning over the counter.

The other huffed crossing Her Limbs. "I tried something stupid before I fully understood how to do it right. Magic may have been involved."

Applejack sighed Sitting Back. "What did you do? Try to raise your dead parents or something?"

The other lifted the brim of her hat, showing her identical face to her own. "You'd probably have done the same if you thought you could... Wouldn't you agree?"

Applejack nodded to her other self. "Sounds about right... But from now on, maybe you should leave crazy ass complicated spells like that to some-pony else."

The other Applejack smiled. "Suppose I can drink to that." They clinked their mugs together and took a couple of chugs at their drink.

"So... How exactly did you get to play with magic?" Applejack asked. "Seems like every-time I turn around some-pony is playing with some new method of tackling unicorns at their own game."

"Er... Some rune based alternative to Alchemy at first..." The Doppelganger said, scratching her Neck. "But magical accidents that make you loose a limb or two tends to open up a few doors." She shook her head. "Actually, I'll just get Twilight to explain, she knows more about this stuff."

The normal Applejack sighed and turned back to her drink "Fair enough."

---

Dash was annoyed with having to stand around while Lyra went about adding a new little addition to her updated 'Anthropomorphic Spell' she made. "I don't know why I have to come to a unicorn every time some-pony dispels the effect, or you whimsically decide to add another feature to this magic, you know how costly that can get?"

Lyra chuckled as she finished changing one of Dash's Hooves into a hand. "I've been working on a solution to that."
Lyra sent one of her mechanical hands to retrieve something while she marked out a point on Dash's wrist using her pair of flesh and blood hands. The mechanical hand floated back carrying some kind of microchip gun.
Before Dash could object, Lyra shot an implant into Dash's arm. "There, that should solve the problem."

Dash rubbed her wrist. "What exactly was that?"
As if in answer to her question, Dash's other forehoof turned into a hand as well.

"It's an enchanted implant, since magic items only get suppressed rather than made useless by anti-Magic effects, this should save you time when the anti-Magic wears off," Lyra said.

Dash rolled her eyes. "Wasn't there something else you were going to give me?"

Lyra nodded and reached under the desk, dragging out a fairly oversized Katana. "Apart from being better made than your old sword, I think she's calling you out on your training in that Ninja Village."

"You mean Ponyville," Dash said, trying to keep it blunt.

Lyra grabbed a nearby milkshake she had on hand. "Indeed, Ponyville the Ninja Village." She said right before sipping at her drink.

Dash slowly turned to leave, as a shiver started to develop at Lyra being so Casual about her Home being full of Ninjas. "Right, not that this conversation isn't nice, but I've got Training to get to."

---

Now Would be a good Time to introduce the story of another Dash...Although maybe not Rainbow Dash. As her blonde and orange mane showed from a lack of about four colors. As well as her slightly greenish Tinge. For This Dash is years in the Future, but not many. Along with... Another Mystery.

But One thing thing is Certain... Today, her Name is Lightning Dash, Believed to be the Daughter of Rainbow Dash. However, If she had existed Years in the Past, she would have been know as Lightning Dust, which to be frank, is not much of a Difference.

She looked down at a flyer she held, it was specifically inviting the six supposed descendants of Harmony to the Dream Bolts under Lyra's 'Shinra' initiative. However she was still trying to piece together what exactly that meant.

Lightning suddenly overheard a pair of ponies talking. "...I thought that most of the bearers of Harmony paired up with each other," one said, "Anyone have a clue on how that works? A bunch of mares managing to have foals isn't exactly common."

Lightning turned an eye to a Light blue tinted Mare, her partner currently known as Twilight Lulamoon, and motioned in the couple's direction.

Lulamoon rolled a sucker around in her mouth before pulling it out and walked over to them "I'm sure that's an over simplification of the issue," she said to them, "you're forgetting two factors here, concerning a touch of magic and their somewhat polyamorus relationship. There's at least a hundred ways hidden in those two facts for them to have offspring."

The gossipers sheepishly scurried off in fear in case she had the same abilities as her mother.

Lightning returned to her thoughts. "Okay... so silly question's like those ones aside... There is something for us to ask ourselves. Like... Why didn't they just call the original bearers? I'm pretty sure they all found some way to survive this long."

Lulamoon Shook her head, pointing her sucker as lightning. "How are they supposed to find a bunch of ponies that disappeared from the face Equestria? We carry whatever precious bit of soul and blood they managed to salvage from those days."

Lightning chuckled as she lowered her Flyer. "Oh please, I'm pretty sure your mother taught you not to assume things can just vanish without a trace. And unless these people know something we don't, they should have tried looking for them before looking for us."

Lulamoon pouted. "True. but now that raises a question you should answer... Why would they need to call out either them or their six children to become Heroes?"

Lightning took a deep breath. "Because something important is happening... Heroes are usually revealed in a time of crisis. So naturally, there's either a crisis happening now, or soon."

A mint green pony cleared her throat. "Excuse me for overhearing. But you're forgetting the possibility of Time Shenanigans... On all accounts."

"Director Lyra!" Lightning said, standing to attention. "Would you like to fill us in on what we're missing here?"

Lyra rolled her eyes. "Look, maybe you should just grab one of the data readers, I've uploaded the most important information to it already. You can read up on everything later, including what happened to your parents." Lyra sighed. "Besides, I think I should get all the details about you all first."

Lightning chuckled. "Sure, why not. We've got time."

Lyra raised an eyebrow. "Hmm... Your mother wasn't half as patient for this as you..." she said as she pulled out a clear holographic screen. "Anyways, I'm assuming your mother taught you a few things right?"

Lightning nodded. "She taught me the usual things she knew. Ninjitsu, Martial Arts, Knight stuff, and... How do i describe one of her other lessons?"

Lulamoon rolled her eyes. "She told you to go off into a battlefield and just keep swinging until you could focus your anger and other instincts. I'm pretty sure they just call that 'Barbarian'."

Lightning rubbed the back of her neck. "... Ignoring that embarrassing part of my life, that's about it for her lessons. Although after she disappeared I joined the 'Soldier' initiative."

Lyra nodded. "Already got that last one listed. Best money Lyracorp ever spent next to the Dream Bolts I'd say, considering how well you took to the magic infusions."

Dash shrugged, reaching out to grab a cup of coffee that levitated towards her glowing hand. "I suppose I could have tried other ways to gain magic abilities, but your way was quicker."

Lyra tapped away at few keys on the screen and then looked back up. "Well, I say it's time to make this official. Welcome to the Dream Bolts, Lightning Celestial Dash."

Lightning waved it off. "I prefer just Light thanks. I'd rather not get confused with one of the ponies I was named after."

"And what if I told you that thanks to shenanigans, and if it weren't for more shenanigans, you would have ended up being one and the same pony?" Lyra asked. She turned around her screen with a number of images of Lightning and Rainbow alongside each other at the Wonderbolt Academy. "Lightning Dash... Meet... Lightning... Dust!"

Lightning Dash, burst into laughter, slowly sinking lower as she fell to the ground via her crippling laughter, barely managing to keep her cup Upright while Pounding said ground using her other hand with the enthusiasm of a mad-mare.

Lulamoon adjusted her hat as she looked at the photos. "Oh dear Luna... How the heck did that happen? Didn't our parents ever teach us not to be reckless?"

Lyra giggled as she tapped away at the Reader. "Lightning wasn't the only one! Guess what, you've got an embarrassing moment via time shenanigans as well! Remember that cute Little Nickname she gave you? 'Trixie' Lulamoon?"

Lulamoon snatched at the data reader and scrolled down until she got to a File marked 'Trixie'. When she opened it though, she found a slightly embarrassing sight... That of her parading herself about in a stage show that seemed to play off of audience humiliation. As well as some shenanigans involving an Ursa Minor.

"Ugh... I thought I grew out of that years ago..." She Muttered to herself.

Lightning continued to giggle. "Sure, but you both seem pretty attached to your hats!"

Twilight Lulamoon blushed, exposed as Trixie. "Sh... Shut up... My hat's better... It was adapted from the Mare Do well costume."

Lyra shook her head. "I'm just going to say at least half the ways you diverge from your other selves may have to do with your family teaching you pretty early on not to... Well Act so much like... Well... the other version of yourselves I guess. but in any case..." Lyra looked down at Lightning Dash. "You feel like getting another chance to meet your Ancestors? If you get yourself prepared you can even do a few things to help them out of one of their predicaments."

Lightning nodded as she gained her composure. "Of course! That would make this the best day ever!"

"Good, it's probably going to get even better as well, considering we've got a celebrity DJ on hand to send you guys back in time," said Lyra, pointing over to some shady corner of the break room.

Vinyl Scratch waved a hand.

"You guys get caught up on things... I'll go fill the others in."

Lightning smiled. Heading off to introduce herself to Vinyl. Needless to say... Lightning had a feeling it was going to be an important night for her.

---

Twilight was reading up on what little the guild house's library had to say on Lycanthropy. She checked the wall clock in the dark and noticed it was getting late. If Pinkie was going to do this, she suspected it was going to be soon.
Somewhere in the distance, she could hear a Wolf's howl; probably Luna from what Twilight's instincts told her. And the fact the Full Moon phase was beginning reminded her how much this night might mean for Luna as well.

For some reason she felt like she was being watched. This, Twilight knew would be Pinkie.
"Pinkie... I've thought about this," she said "... And... Although I'm still not certain if this is the right choice... I want you to share with me what this part of your life is like."

Pinkie leaped out of some dark corner and tackled Twilight to the ground, and Twilight could feel her heart shift rhythms as panic set in. When Twilight felt Pinkie's tongue licking her face though, she began to laugh from how much it tickled. Though some of Pinkie's Saliva getting in her eyes managed to cause some discomfort, especially when Pinkie started to directly lick her eyeball.

When the licking ceased, Twilight was left rubbing her eyes, and she could feel parts of her face pulsing with an unusual coolness . Whatever was in Pinkie's Saliva was already in her bloodstream just from licking her Eyes.

When Twilight's vision cleared, she managed to get a good look at what Pinkie looked like. She looked a lot more wolf than she did pony right now, also, maybe a bit Leaner though, and her limbs and body were a bit longer. Still just as pink as ever though.

Twilight Flinched as she felt a pulse travel through her body like ice water. The legends were right about the full moon speeding up the process it seemed. Perhaps that was why Pinkie chose tonight to do this.
For a brief moment, Twilight felt like she was about to black out, and perhaps she did; As when she opened her eyes again, she felt her changes were finishing.

Twilight did a brief self examination, which Pinkie promptly interrupted with what could best be described as some kind of puppy kiss.

Twilight was stunned a little by this, but she gathered enough courage to try to say something. "Pinkie... I had no idea you felt that way," she said; Or rather, that's what it sounded like to them.

Pinkie smiled, her head tilted Playfully. "I'm not the only one, when you spend enough time in this form you begin to smell when somepony is attracted to another pony."

Twilight blushed a little but managed to compose herself. "So... How many among us have feelings for each-other?"

Pinkie simply smiled. "All of Us."

Twilight's eyes widened. "Really? Who has feelings for who?"

Pinkie Rubbed her leg a little. "Amoung the six of us, I'd have to say... We have feelings for all of us."

Twilight was about to voice a note of skepticism when she remembered all those 'almost intimate' moments she had with the others. "...oh..." she said.

"It's not an ideal situation, but there's ways to go about multiple relationships if you're willing to try," Pinkie Suggested.

"I'm more than willing, I'm just not sure about the others," Twilight said looking off to the side.

Pinkie beamed. "Since we're here, maybe you want to see what Dash is doing, She should be Starting some midnight training right now."

Twilight licked Pinkie's cheek. "Lead the way."

---

Fluttershy was unpacking her gear in a large, and somewhat strange room she found. It was deep underground but somehow plants growing in there. A number of Electric Lamps could be seen giving off a number of dim lights for the plants to grow. But while the plants seemed to be able to thrive down here, most of the animals down here seemed to be rather lethargic.

Of course, Fluttershy herself felt fine down here. Not that she could be described as a normal pony anymore... Not in a long time. A number of leafy green veins were growing up one side of her face like some strange tattoo made of vines however the dress Rarity made for her hid how far it had spread. For now though, she still mostly resembled her old self.

In any case, as she unpacked her things, she made mental notes of all the things the animals down here would need.

However she was distracted from her thoughts by the sound of boiling water. When she turned towards the noise she saw a foreboding pillar of steam rising out of a pool in the center of the room.

She quickly ducked behind a tree out of habit. Clutching at her chest as her heart raced. She could almost imagine what Dash would say to this, probably something about it just being harmless steam. But even if Dash was right about that, some other noises she was starting to hear were freaking her out.

She could hear something groaning, and a heavy thud against grass, and something wet flapping about.

... And then she heard something unexpected...

She heard crying.

As she looked around the trunk of the tree she was hiding behind, she noticed a small and rather Draconic looking figure curled up in a ball, although the fact it had a more pony like mane rather than spines was odd.

Fluttershy took a deep breath. And on shivering limbs, she crept forward. She wasn't fond of dealing with dragons after all.

As she approached the crying dragon thing, she found herself couching low to the ground.

As she looked it over, she noticed it shared a few key features with herself. A body color of yellow, and a pink mane for one. But more striking was something present on the dragon thing's hind legs.

... A Trio of Pink butterflies... Just like her own cutie mark.

Fluttershy grasped for something to say but it came out as some strangled squeak.

The Fluttershy Dragon bolted off at the sound as if startled, diving into a bush. However this didn't seem yo stop her from crying.

"I'm sorry," said Fluttershy, "are you okay?"

Fluttershy heard a sniffling from the bushes, and a whispered reply.

"... I'm fine... I'm just... going through a lot..."

Fluttershy placed herself down next to the bush. "So...um... you feel like talking about it?"

The Dragon Fluttershy lifted the top part of her head out of the Bush and they looked at each other. "I guess... It would just be like talking to ourselves... I guess I can do that..." She sighed. "Well... I'm not sure how to put this... I think... Maybe I died?"

"What else happened?" Fluttershy said stroking her Draconic counterpart.

The Dragon 'Shy shook her head. "It all happened at once... Rocks fell from the sky, reality seemed to tear itself apart..."

Fluttershy sighed. "...And then you were reborn here... as a dragon it seems... Something we fear..."

Dragonshy nodded. "I... Hope I'm not scarring you..."

Fluttershy rubbed her neck. "Only a little... You're... Actually not big enough to be that scarey," she said, not entirely sure if she meant it herself.

The two heard Wolf howls from somewhere in the distance echoed throughout the building, making them grab onto each other for comfort.

They didn't let go for hours.

---

Dash landed herself on the roof of the guild-house, which considering all the upper floors were torn off at some point, was really only one floor up. Her sword drawn, she prepared to begin her training.

Spitfire was silhouetted in the moonlight. "Our first lesson is simple, when a knight challenges their opponent to combat, that's when they can hit their opponent hardest." She readied her sword. "Let's duel."

Dash Smirked Readying her Blade in a Similar Stance. "You'd better not hold back."

And in some Abstracted part of Reality, one could almost Hear the words of some Metaphorical Announcer Pierce across the Night.

Rainbow Dash VS Spitfire: Round One- Duel!

Rainbow Dash flew straight at Spitfire, only for Spitfire to fly straight upward before diving at Dash from above for her Stikes, with Dash's attempts to block forcing her to Brace herself against the ground.

When one of Dash's blocks caused the image of spitfire to disappear, she spun round to block an attack from behind. The strain from the attack pulsing through her arms, she found herself panting a lot sooner than usual. "Shadow images? Really? You're trying really hard to get across the point we're both ninjas."

Spitfire smirked with a bit of a show of Teeth. "Think of that as a history lesson; tell me, how many professions have you and your friends Mastered?"

Dash raised her eyebrows, this was pointless Trivia though, she might as well be Brief. "About Five each I think, though some of us doubled up on a few."

"I suppose that makes us about even," Spitfire said, "care to show some of yours?"

Rainbow Dash took a deep breath, calling to mind some of the Tricks Pinkie Taught her. "Fus-"
With the next two syllables, the sound of Dash's shout knocked Spitfire across the roof.

Spitfire Smirked as she gained her footing. "Guess Pinkie did teach you a trick or two. The Spoony Bard."

Spitfire raised her weapon, and as she slashed she yelled "Hadouken!", launching a ball of fire at Dash with her Legendary Phrase, a technique the Mark of a True Ninja. Dash's sword Crackled with electricity, and as she launched it from her blade she yelled the phrase's Twin "Juuouken!"

The two blasts of energy passed each other, blasting into each combatant, knocking them off their feet. Dash herself was winded by the blast, and as she regained her breath, she could hear Spitfire chuckle. She turned her head to see her as saw Spitfire in a similar shape to her.

"It's been a while since anyone's attacks matched my own," Spitfire said. She managed pull herself to her feet, her smile back to something kinder. "We should do this again some time."

As Dash worked to regain her own footing, she smiled. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

They heard some howling echoing from somewhere bellow, and the two looked over the edge to see two wolves that looked like Twilight and Pinkie attempting to cheer them on. Dash turned to Spitfire with a raised eyebrow.

"If we ever do this in private," Spitfire Began, "Maybe we should skip calling our attacks."

"Deal," Dash said, "I look forward to tomorrow's lesson."

---

Rarity found herself in a storeroom of sorts filled with everything from uniforms to armor as well as a few boxes of swords off in one of the side rooms.

As she ventured further back into the storeroom, she found herself surrounded by some more outdated fashions that looked like they could be worn by mythical heroes. But on the other hand, they were in such bright colors, and had a symbol plastered on the front. Making it look more like something out of a comic.

She pondered a few ideas that might work based off some of these weird designs, but shelved them when she remembered she still had to get herself set up.

"Wow... I guess you were always this fashion conscious then?" a voice said.

Rarity turned, seeing what at first seemed to be a rather scruffy white pony. But a bit of a closer look made her notice other features in the dark room.

Rarity lit up her horn to illuminate her guest. Who shared a few of her colors, but otherwise seemed to be half-way between a pony and a dragon. With a fluffy purple mane going all the way down the back of her spine to a long thin tail, with a smooth set of pinkish scales crawling up her chest. Notably, there was a unicorn horn on her head, and she didn't have any wings yet.

Rarity's scrutiny of her form was slightly beginning to unnerve the newcomer. "Can you... Not do that? Its starting to remind me of the feeling before the school costume party I had to go to."

Rarity sighed and lessened the glow of her horn. "I'm sorry...You just seem a little... Uncanny I guess."

The newcomer rolled her eyes. "That's what you get for dating my father I guess."

Rarity's eyes widened, and she gaped around for words but found none. And she found herself slipping to the floor.

Out of the corner of her eye she noticed some blue haired pony further away disappear in a flash.

As she began to pass out from hyperventilation, she heard one last word from the white and purple newcomer..

"Mom?"

---

It was way into the night, and every pony gathered in the bar. And sung away the rest of the night.

Just about everypony was able to ignore the sights around them, As each of them had been through something just as weird as the others today.

...Well... Except for one... But then again... Rainbow Dash was too busy enjoying her mug of cider to start thinking about it just yet.

...Maybe in a day or two... She'd ask what was going on.

But not now.

Author's Note:

Blarg... Linearity and stuff in edits... Along with new scenes I was going to add to another Chapter but I found it too much trouble... So congratulations... This chapter is cannibalizing other chapters.