• Published 2nd Feb 2013
  • 934 Views, 22 Comments

Dash and Twilight get The Munchies. - Steventheman



A disaster report on why Elements of Harmony should not take intoxicating substances. Warning: May lower IQ to 6, which is a poor IQ for a glass of water...

  • ...
8
 22
 934

Send in the Strider(s)

"FREEDOM! DEMOCRACY! AMERICA!" the giant mech boomed as it kicked a police car into the next state. Thousands of Californian Freedom Police fired their pistols helplessly as the Metal Wolf fired hundreds of missiles towards a squadron of helicopter gunships. They all blew up and crashed to the earth behind the Metal Wolf.

"Retreat! This fucker's mental!" shouted an officer. The CFP stopped firing and ran off.
"I AM THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!" the Metal Wolf shouted. "I AM DEMOCRACY. HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?"

A building collapsed in front of the Metal Wolf. Three Striders focused on the Metal Wolf. On top of the lead Strider, a man stood with a katana. He was wearing a baseball cap, and pointy sunglasses. He wore a T-shirt and jeans. He pointed at the Metal Wolf, before giving a thumbs down.

The Metal Wolf began firing at the Striders. The left Strider fell down, all three legs removed. The two other survivors fired at the Wolf. The man waited, then jumped at the side of a building. He ran across the wall.

"IMPOSSIBLE...UNLESS...NO..."

The man didn't answer. Instead, he swiped at the Wolf. The blade cut through the advanced armor easily.

The man landed behind the walking tank. The Metal Wolf turned around.

"...BRO STRIDER."
"That's my name."
"BUT HOW?!"
"Because fuck if I know."
"BUT I SAW YOU DIE!"
"Well, maybe I made Death my bitch. I like, completely dominated his ass. It was like a fucking Blitzkrieg and he was Poland and I was Germany. Shit was intense."
"SO...ON THE HIGHWAYS OF LOS ANGELES, WE MEET AGAIN. WE WERE ONCE FRIENDS. HOW DID THEY GET TO YOU?!"
"They didn't. This is practice. I'm kinda rusty on this shit."


Twilight and Dash looked at the highway sign. It stated that the next city, City 27, was over 360 miles away.

"Oh man, I'm actually coming down right now." Twilight said. "Did you bring any more of it?"
"No, I thought this'd be enough." Dash said. "Fuck."
"Not now, we're in public."
"So, you reckon the Civil Protection will be after us in City 27?"
"Oh, most definitely." Twilight said. "But I just saw in a news paper that there's a big robot duel in LA, so the Overwatch won't be here for a while, because holy shit, that robot's kicking ass."
"I hope the US Overwatch prepared their anuses."
"I don't think they could've prepared them enough."
"What about that song we heard? The really fucking awesome one?"
"Oh yeah. I doubt that they meant it. They were trying to scare us."

The two mares stopped when they heard a car radio on from a crashed car. They listened to it intently.

"Reports are coming in that a lone man has joined the Strider force in LA, currently engaging the terrorist, Metal Wolf. The man is described as: "A fucking badass" and reports claim that he is none other than Bro Strider, believed dead after the Skaia Incident, 10 years ago."

"Wow, Bro Strider!" Dash said. "When I was filly, I kinda used to like him."
"Umm...What?" Twilight said. "You liked a human?"
"He was only the badass man who ever lived! Funny thing is, I didn't cry a bit when the reports of his death came through."
"Really?"
"Nope!" Dash replied. "Not one bit!"

"Bro Strider is the brother of hero Dave Strider, who was able to manipulate time. He, and the other heroes of the Incident, disappeared shortly after, leaving police stumped to there whereabouts. The only note left said that they will return when the world is under attack from a hostile force."

Dash and Twilight looked at each other, then back at the car. "Did they mean what's happening in Los Angeles?"
"I don't think so." Dash said. "They were more loyal to themselves than to the US. They took the medals, sure, but then they disappeared, and their medals were left behind."
The radio continued. "The President is urging civilians to not allow LA prisoners to escape the war zone, and for prisoners to await rescue from the LACP, and the Californian Freedom Police. In other news, a man in City 56 found the face of Jesus on a chip..."

"Meh, religion." Dash said, beginning to walk away. "But it's Bro Strider! He's back! In human form!"
"Yeah, but he's currently waging a one man war on a robot. He might not survive!" Twilight said, starting to follow.
"Yeah yeah, it would take more than a robot to kill him!" Dash said excitedly. "It would take a nuke...or a god."
"Yeah..." Twilight said. "I'm quite bored right now."
"Yeah..." Dash said. She began humming a tune. It sounded like a tune that one would use to destroy a mad god who had created a World of Ruin.

The sky cracked with thunder. A bright column of light shined in front of the mares, before revealing a man dressed as a clown.

"Kefka!?" Twilight cried.