• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 2,606 Views, 12 Comments

The Love of a Baby Dragon - jtylerg



Twilight becomes deathly ill and spike will do whatever it takes to cure her.

  • ...
6
 12
 2,606

Chapter 1

Last week Twilight came down with a bad cold, which doesn't really sound like a problem, as ponies always become sick due to the freezing winter air. Recently however her conditioned had worsened, and she had been locked down in her house. Spike stayed home with the sickly unicorn, caring for her every need and trying everything he could to help her get better. Every single one of his efforts were futile, she just fell deeper and deeper into the sickness that was gripping her. The baby dragon began to panic, if he didn't do something soon he would lose her. The thought made his heart sink deep into the pit of his stomach, he had to do something about this.

Suddenly, a thought came to him. Why hadn't he thought of it sooner? It was such an obvious answer. He needed to visit Zecora.

His clawed feet left tiny indentations in the snow as he walked through Ponyville towards the Everfree Forest. In the back of his mind he worried about Twilight being left alone in her condition, but he knew it was for the best. Soon, the dense woods loomed in front of him, striking fear deep in his heart as it did for everypony else. Regaining his composure and taking a deep breath, he ventured onward into the dingy forest.

Paranoia engulfed him as he glanced around the dark thicket, on high alert for anything that might try to jump out at him. Spike knew that it was silly of him to fear such things as ghosts, but it was a known fact that the forest was filled with many vile creatures. Even though his mind was telling him to turn and run back to the welcoming streets of Ponyville he knew that he must keep pushing onward. For Twilight's sake.