• Published 20th Jan 2013
  • 543 Views, 4 Comments

A New Threat - mjk 705



The third story in its series. About a month after "A New Home" some crazy things start happening (big surprise there) and I find something out about myself. turns out, I'm not just any regular guy. My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

  • ...
7
 4
 543

The Wrath of the Trickster!

The fight seemed to start in Discord's favor, but not even three explosive glasses, ten frying pan smacks, and a stampede of long-legged hoof bunnies were enough to even hurt Gavara. Everything was almost starting to seem hopeless. If I knew where Rarity was, I would've been heading there by now. But since I didn't, I just had to pray to Celestia that she was ok.

"This is getting dull." said Gavara "Do you think you could actually do something?."

"What? What do you mean?" Asked Discord.

"I mean that your not even trying! If you decided to fight me, you could've atleast told me you were weak."

"How dare you! Im Discord! If you want my best, you're about to get it!"

"Atta boy! Now this might finally get interesting!"

Soon, there were black and white flashes and crashes everywhere. It was almost like their energies were the same, because this went on for quite a while. I was hoping that soon, Gavara would slip or make some mistake and give Discord an upper hoof. But soon, there was only one black flash, and soon, there was a white projectile flying across the air. When it landed on the ground, Everypony and I gasped in terror.

Discord had been turned to stone.

"No...NO! NO NO NOO!" I yelled

"Discord!" yelled Fluttershy, tears flowing down her cheeks.

"Well that sure was boring!” Exclaimed Gavara. "Even when he was 'serious' I STILL beat him! Now who's next?" Fluttershy flew over to Discord.

"Discord! Please break out! Please!" She sobbed.

"I'm afraid it's hopeless, Flutters. He's, as you might say, stoned." Gavara laughed "Ha! Stoned! Hahaha! Thats a good one!" He continued to laugh.

"You....You MONSTER! How dare you!" Fluttershy yelled. She started to give Gavara "The Stare" at full power from where she was. I could feel the intensity of it from where I was. It was like being surrounded in a dome of pressure.

"Ha! So this is that stare thing? Ha!" said Gavara "Pathetic." He pointed a finger at Fluttershy, and before any of us could've stopped it, a beam of light shot out of it and hit Fluttershy, immediatly turning her to stone. He patted his hands in disapointment. "Such a shame. She was my favorite growing up." We all ran over to her.

"No!" we all yelled.

"Look at it this way, your all going to be joining them soon!" said Gavara.

"Not if I can help it!" said Dash, charging towards him at full speed. Gavara managed to dodge before impact, but Dash kept going, but then started to fly upwords.

"What does she think she's doing?" Asked Gavara. Soon, a visible white c-shape surrounded her, and later began to form a cone around her. Then, a loud explosion. I had looked down due to the noise, but when I looked up, I couldn't believe what I saw. It wasn't just a normal Rainboom. it was...

"A Double Rainboom." said Twilight and Applejack, both in as much surprise as I was. Piknie's jaw had dropped so much, you could've drove a semi into it. Dash tackled Gavara, hitting him so hard, he probably flew to the other side of the Everfree Forest. Rainbow Dash landed on the ground after the impact.

"Are you ok?" asked Twilight "An impact at that kind of speed could lead to some serious damage!"

"Nah, I'm fine." said Dash. Gavara appearead and was cut up and bruised badly.

"Well, that actually hurt a little, Dashie. I didn't expect you to use the Sonic Rainboom as an attack, much less your first Double Rainboom." He wiped of some blood from his mouth, smirking. "I love it when my opponent thinks they have me beat, and then, kabam! Here I am!" Said Gavara. "But now, its time for this to end." He waved out his hand and sent out a pulse of energy, but before it hit her, Pinkie Pie jumped in its way, sending her back instead of Dash.

"Gah! You stupid pink furball! Fine, you wanna play, well play!" Gavara charged towards Pinkie, and smashed his fist into her face and slamming her into the ground with her other.

"Stop!" I yelled. Gavara continued to beat her. "I said STOP!" Gavara looked over his shoulder and smiled.

"And if I don't?" he asked.

"Then your gonna get it!" I said

"Funny, your friend Rarity said the same thing, but she couldn't stop us! And neither will you!"

"Your right. Alone, I'm probably nothing compared to you. But with my friends at my side, there's no way I can lose!"

"Friends?" asked Gavara "You mean your army of equines? Or atleast what's left of it? That's funny. Really! Ha ha ha ha ha!"

"You think it's funny, don't you? To make these ponies suffer?"

"Think, no I KNOW it's funny!"

"That's enough, punk!" Yelled Dash, charging at Gavara again. But this time, he reacted with a before-impact uppercut. Then, he punched her to the ground, knocking her out.

"Dash!" I yelled

"Dashie!" yelled Pinkie weakly

"Rainbow!" Yelled Twilight and Applejack. Gavara smirked

"That's three down, four to go." He said, upon starting to crack his knuckles and neck.

"NOW YOU'VE DONE IT! PARTY CANNON TIME!" yelled Pinkie in a voice so loud, it makes the Royal Canterlot voice sound like a quiet whisper. She pulled out her Party Cannon out and fired it at Gavara, causing him to be assualted with confetti and streamers, and even a cake.

"Oh no!" said Gavara sarcasticly "I've been assaulted with a bunch of streamers and confetti! what ever shall I do?" He snapped his fingers and a real cannon appeared. "It's been fun, furball." he snapped his fingers, and the cannon fired, causing an explosion. When the smoke cleared, there was nothing left.

"That's the end of that one." said Gavara as he turned toward us."Eni meany miny moe, catch a pony by the hoof, if it hollors, don't let go!" I couldn't believe it. He had been just toying around the whole time, and now he was doing eni miny moe to pick his next opponent!

"To hell with your games, Gavara! Im going to obliterate you!" I said

"Ooh! Mr. Tough Guy here!" Gavara smiled "Took you long enough! Let's see if you actually did beat Crysiliis, or if she was scared of nothing!"

"Nova Stream!" I fired a blast of fire out of my hands, and resulted in explosion at Gavara's spot. he was still standing, as if he got hit with nothing.

"Is that all? What a dissapointment. And you thaught you could beat me, and save Rarity! The poor mare! She's almost dead, and there's nothing you can do about it!" He laughed uncontrolably. "Ha! Your mare's almost gone! I guess I should say 'Rarirty's in a different casle!' because she's in space!"

"What?" I clenched my fist. "What the hell did you just say?"

"She's almost dead! Rarity! The one mare you appreciate the most! Nearing death every second! Ha!" Gavara continued to laugh.

"You...you made me mad when you took her, but putting her to near death?" I was surrounded by a red aura "Now you're bucking dead you feind!" I don't know how, but I was starting to grow claws out of my fingers. "YOU HEAR ME? YOUR DEAD!" The red aura got more redder, almost blood red. "DEAAD!" I was transforming into some sort of dragon as my body became alit with flames.

"Well, this is new." said Gavara

"What is this? asked Barron

"What in tarnation?" asked Applejack. Twilight had her jaw dropped.

When I was finished transforming, I actually WAS a dragon. My wings were black with flame-like patterns from where they came off of my back, with spikes of the same color in the middle of the patterns. My tail was long, black on the bottom, red on the top with a club-shapped object at the end, with red spikes leading up to it from the tail's start. I also had a long, narrow pole-thing coming out of my head, along with outward-pointed fangs on both sides of my head.

"What...what are you?" Stammered Gavara

"Don't you know?" I asked, smiling with my dragonic smile "I am the ray of hope! The light in the darkness! The one who brings help to those in need! The one who destroys evil! I am Red Nova!"

"Very well, 'Red Nova' lets see what you can do."

"I'll do more than that!" I said.

Author's Note:

Oh yea, bad-plot mode! After learning of Rarity's condition, even more powers awaken within me, turning me into Red Nova! Is this new power going be enough to avenge those who have gone down in defeat by Gavara? Or is this just a fight that no new power could win? Am I asking too many questions?
"Red Nova Awakens! The True Battle Begins!"