• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 2,817 Views, 63 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 5: Before the Chaos - Doctor Perseus



The Doctor and Twilight, after accidentally picking up a mysterious mare named Matilda, end up 100 years prior to the birth of Princess Celestia and run into the king of chaos himself at a time when he was actually good.

  • ...
4
 63
 2,817

The King and Queen of Equestria

Chapter 1: The King and Queen of Equestria

Courtyard, Castle of Equestria, Equestria, Gaia, Autumn, 146 P.C.E.

Twilight took long, deep breaths as she stared deep into the eyes of her old enemy, Discord the Draconequus. She noticed that there was something different about them. The eyes of the Discord she knew were wild, misleading, and deadly while these eyes were soothing, happy, and caring. His face showed the expression of a confused smile, resembling that of a filly watching two older ponies kiss for the first time. Discord then let out a mighty laugh that reminded the Doctor of the great English kings he had come across in his travels.

"Why do you look so frightened, dear unicorn?" asked Discord. His voice didn't sound manipulative or overconfident at all. It resembled that of a father trying to sooth his child who had previously woken up from a nightmare. "I admit that I may not be the most handsome of creatures but I hope you don't see me as the ugliest creature in this land."

The Doctor was confused by the whole situation. He didn't know much about Discord but, from what he had previously heard from Twilight, he still had an uneasy feeling in his stomach. Matilda simply smiled and bowed.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, King Discord. Your kindness and humility has no bounds, as I have heard," she said. Discord laughed again as he examined the interior of the TARDIS.

"I say, what a peculiar vessel. Where might you three be from?" he asked. Matilda looked back at the Doctor. The Doctor looked at Twilight to see that she was still frozen with shock.

The Doctor gave a great sight before clearing his throat and saying, "We're from a...variety of places."

Discord clapped his claws gleefully and chuckled.

"Excellent! I love exotic visitors! Please come out and enjoy the wonders of Equestria!"

Matilda bowed again and followed Discord through the TARDIS doors. The Doctor rolled his eyes as he gently led the surprised Twilight out of the TARDIS.

A brilliantly-beautiful courtyard awaited them outside. The courtyard was around the size of a warehouse and was filled to the brim with brightly-colored flowers. A single, silver fountain stood in the center of the courtyard. A jet of water spewed out of the top and reached heights of well over twenty feet. The color of the water changed from blue to gold to silver to green to violet and to several other colors in a matter of seconds. A small militia of pegasi and earth pony servants tended to the fountain water and the flowers throughout the courtyard. A massive, golden castle loomed over the courtyard, and yet there were no shadows to be found.

"It's beautiful," Twilight exclaimed.

"I'm glad that you like it, child," Discord said as he patted Twilight on the head. "It took me many years to construct this castle and I am very pleased with the final product. It's certainly better than the atrocious red brick castle that stood here almost three centuries ago."

"How long have you been the ruler of Equestria so far?" Matilda asked.

"This has been my 283rd year as King of Equestria, madame."

"It seems that you've been able to do a lot in those 283 years."

"Yes. This country was in a state of despair when I took control, but now it's eternal peace for every pony from border to border. I've even been able to help out the surrounding countries such as the Griffin Kingdom and so forth."

The Doctor felt a tap on his shoulder as Twilight drew close to him.

"This is wrong," she whispered.

"What do you mean?" he whispered back.

"This isn't the Discord I've encountered!"

"You've yet to tell me everything about Discord so I can't really relate to what you're stating."

"Discord was basically the King of Chaos. He ruled Equestria with an iron, chaotic fist."

"This doesn't seem very chaotic to me."

"Me neither. Something's wrong. I can feel it."

"What were your names again?" Discord asked as he turned to the Doctor and Twilight. Twilight instantly jumped and backed away from Discord. Discord simply cocked his head as he gave a confused expression.

"I don't believe we mentioned our names," the Doctor replied.

"Oh...why I don't believe you have!"

"Well...I'm the Doctor. This is-"

"Tara!" Twilight yelped.

"Pardon?" asked Discord and the Doctor together.

"My name's Tara!"

The Doctor was about to challenge Twilight's outburst when Matilda gave him a light shove.

"Just go along with it, sweetie," she whispered.

The Doctor looked at Matilda and asked, "Did you just call me-"

She gave him another light shove and followed it up with a seductive smile.

"Tara," said Discord. He then gave a polite bow and smiled. "What a lovely name."

"Thank you," Twilight replied awkwardly as she herself bowed.

Matilda took a step towards Discord and said, "I'm Matilda, by the way."

"The pleasure is mine, Matilda," said Discord as both he and Matilda bowed. Suddenly, a loud voice rang out from a nearby watch tower.

"My King! The Queen approaches!" yelled a unicorn guard. Discord clapped his claws with excitement.

"Excellent! Dear Doctor, Tara, and Matilda, may I introduce you all to the love of my life and Queen of the greatest country on Gaia, Queen Lily the Gorgeous!"

A nearby gate opened and in walked an alicorn mare around the size of Princess Luna. She had a mane of silver and red that moved like liquid silk, a pure white coat that gleamed in the sunlight, a cutie mark that consisted of a golden rose, a smile that made everypony, even the mares, buckle at the knees, and a pair of emerald green eyes that emanated comfort and friendliness.

"My, my, my!" exclaimed the Doctor as he examined Queen Lily from head to hoof. Twilight noticed that even she and Matilda were in awe of the Queen's indescribable beauty. Lily approached Discord and gave him a somewhat shy kiss. Discord returned the favor and they both giggled with delight.

"My Lord, am I to assume that we have guests with us today?" she asked. Her voice could only be compared to that of a harp of gold stringing notes of the purist kind.

"Yes, my Lady. This is the Doctor, Tara, and Matilda," Discord said. Lily approached the new arrivals and greeted them with a cute bow.

"Welcome to the Castle of Equestria. I hope you are finding our great home to be satisfactory to your tastes."

"Definitely," replied the Doctor as he unintentionally gawked at Lily. Matilda noticed this and gave him a quick shove.

"Don't be rude, Doctor!" she snapped teasingly. Lily giggled.

"Don't be cross with him, Ms. Matilda, he's not the first stallion to be entranced by my cur-I mean-spell."

Lily's face drooped for a second but she quickly brought it back to its smiling state. Both the Doctor and Twilight managed to pick this up but it was unclear if Matilda or Discord noticed this too.

"Understood. Oh and call me Matilda. The only mare I know who loved having the title Ms. in front of her name was my mother and I am trying my best not to follow all of her first class habits," said Matilda.

"Not a problem, Matilda," Lily giggled.

"So are you going to be staying with us tonight?" Discord asked.

"You're just going to let us stay the night? You've only just met us!" Twilight exclaimed.

"We don't get visitors often. The ones we do get we greet with open arms!" Lily replied.

"If I may, but isn't that a bit dangerous? I mean, what if one of your visitors is an assassin or anarchist?" the Doctor asked.

"Both my husband and I are extremely powerful. We can tell if somepony is coming into our home with undesirable intentions."

"What do you do to ponies who do have undesirable intentions?" Matilda asked. Discord pointed one of his claws at a nearby frog. The frog instantly turned into a green teacup. The King waved his arm and the frog returned to normal.

"Let's just say that I wasn't named Discord for nothing," he chuckled. Lily giggled and kissed the King again.

"My husband, the joker. There's a reason why we have no need for a jester during our banquets," she stated happily. Discord clapped his claws and beckoned the Doctor, Twilight, and Matilda towards the castle.

"I'll just give you all a tour of the castle and show you to your rooms afterwards, where you can wait until supper. Do you want your vessel docked in any particular place?"

"No. The TARDIS is safe and sound right here," the Doctor replied. He then clapped his hooves and the doors to the TARDIS shut, locking in the process.

"My dear guests, the Castle of Equestria awaits you!"