• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 2,308 Views, 192 Comments

Doing Science - dashie76



You're not safe In this place All of us warned you of the big white face

  • ...
5
 192
 2,308

Chapter 18

June 30th, 2010

That's right, everypony. I took a little break from these updates - and by "little break," I mean about eight days - and now I'm back!

Unfortunately, I don't exactly have anything interesting to talk about today - well, not anything that's work-related, anyways. Aperture has been having a lull in projects and experiments for a little while now, which is a first for this place. I really don't know why, since Cave usually works us to the bone. Anyways, the lull was so out of the ordinary for Aperture that rumors started floating around that we actually weren't going to become operational again. After that disaster went down a little over a month ago - the one that we can't talk to the public about, keep it quiet, yadda yadda yadda - ponies were already starting to wonder whether we were going to be able to get back on our hooves. This lull only fueled those ideas.

The thing is, deep down, Cave really does care about the integrity of Aperture, so I don't really know what he's trying to accomplish by keeping everything on the down-low for now. I've been wondering about what this means for the future...then again, I don't think anypony really believes that Aperture is going to be shut down. And I don't generally care too much about that stuff anyways, because if anything happens to Aperture, then Cloudsdale will just relocate me back to Ponyville, which I certainly wouldn't mind.

Well...actually, now that I think about it, I don't know. I've kind of gotten used to this place, and...well...look, I'm always going to miss Ponyville, but I've also sort of gotten attached to Aperture, too. My job really forces me to think outside the box, and I need to be commited to it if I want to do well. Take my word for it, being a part of anything involving the testing chambers is hard. I guess it's just been a nice change of pace from taking naps all day, and...I don't know if I could go back to something like my old job. But...eh, maybe I'm getting sentimental for no reason.

Actually, speaking of jobs, somepony new just got hauled in earlier this week. He's kinda shy and even shorter than I am, despite the fact that he's a stallion. I...don't really like him. Whenever he tries to make a joke he just comes off as being awkward, he thinks that he's good looking (even though he isn't), and he's got such a cocky attitude all the time that I just can't help disliking him. It's not the kind of cocky attitude I sometimes get, either - that's only when I'm competing against others. He does it in this weird, annoying way that...

It's indefinable, I think. There's just something about his whole persona that makes him the type of pony I hate the most. He's the coward...the victim...the...the weakling. But he's got to be strong. For me. Because there comes a time when





...

...I-I'm sorry. I forgot what I was just talking about.

Anyways, I guess that there's one more thing I should mention. My five Ponyville friends, being the worrywarts that they are, are coming down to see how I've been doing. Twilight was initially worried because of that thing that went down, but I wrote her back and told her that I was alright. Apparently, that wasn't enough...I'm not complaining, though.

They're going to be here this afternoon, I think. That means that...actually, they should've been here already. And Cave is supposed to tell me to come down and meet them, too...well, whatever. Knowing him, he probably just forgot to let me know. I''ll go see if they're here now, so I'll be right back.

...

clack







Clear. Let's do this.

Yippee! I love surprises!