• Published 12th Jan 2013
  • 572 Views, 21 Comments

Here's My Suggestion - Appletastic



Nobody ever takes Pinkie Pie's suggestions. That needs to be changed.

  • ...
1
 21
 572

The Plan

It was up to Fluttershy to put the plan into action, so just before Pinkie was to issue her suggestions that morning, Fluttershy intercepted her in the marketplace. The pale yellow pony was already wearing a mustache.

"Um, hi Pinkie Pie. The rest of the girls and I were wondering if we could, um, help you give your suggestions today?" squeaked Fluttershy. She put on a wide grin. Pinkie Pie narrowed her eyes.

"You guys want to 'help' me, huh? More like replace all of my suggestions with your own! No way am I letting all of you make all the suggestions again! Then we'd be right back where we started," spat Pinkie Pie. Fluttershy's ears drooped.

"Oh... Well, okay then. We weren't going to do that, we just wanted to show our support, but... okay..." Fluttershy whispered, backing up quietly.

Pinkie Pie found herself, if only for a minute. She left behind the past two days, if only for a moment. She saw her friend, Fluttershy, the kindest pony in all of Equestria, who would never try to hurt her. Pinkie's second of sight ended, but it had been enough.

"Well... I suppose we could give it a try... But no tricks, you hear me?!" she screeched. She spun around and began marching for the stage. But instead of perking up, Fluttershy's ears drooped further. Even if Pinkie wasn't herself, she was still Fluttershy's friend. Fluttershy felt awful for what was about to happen. Suddenly, the rest of Fluttershy's friends were beside her. They sported mustaches as well.

"She bought it?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"She bought it," confirmed Fluttershy. Her voice wavered slightly. Applejack wrapped a foreleg around her.

"Ah know yer havin' regrets, sugarcube, but don' worry about it. We'll have Pinkie back to normal soon, an' then she'll be thankin' us," she comforted.

"Well, if you say so..." said Fluttershy. She had a feeling that this wouldn't go well.


When the other four ponies arrived, PInkie was almost finished giving her suggestions.

"And lastly, I suggest that everyone dance the polka at least twice a day. For your convenience, I-- oh, hi girls! Come up on stage here and help me. Some ponies are laughing at my suggestions!" shouted Pinkie Pie.

"I wonder why," muttered Rainbow Dash under her breath. The four ponies got up on the stage, two on either side of Pinkie Pie.

"Anyway, now that my friends are here, we can continue. For your convenience, I will provide polka music at this very spot every hour. Alright, goodbye now!" finished Pinkie, stepping off of the stage.

This was the cue the other four had been waiting for. As a single body, they tore their mustaches off of their faces and flung them to the dirt below.

"Ponies of Ponyville!" began Rarity, "You need not take her suggestions!" Pinkie Pie whipped around, bristling.

"Control your own lives! Pinkie Pie may have threatened you, but we are many!" continued Rainbow Dash. A murmur came from the crowd. Pinkie Pie ground her teeth together as she crept towards the speakers step by step.

"She's hurt me too, but that didn't stop me! We have our own suggestions, and y'all have yours! Stand up for yourself!" yelled Applejack, showing off her purple bruise. The murmuring increased. Pinkie's eyes blazed.

Fluttershy was shaking in her hooves, but she managed to stutter out, "W-w-w-we st-st-stand t-together. Um, fight back?" The murmuring grew to shouts. Pinkie Pie rushed to the front of the stage.

"These ponies are scoundrels! Traitors! Treasonists! Don't listen to them, whatever you do! Instead, I suggest throwing rocks at them and driving them out of town!" screeched Pinkie Pie. She flung her megaphone at Rainbow Dash's head as hard as she could. It hit Rainbow's skull with a metallic clang.

"This would be a good time to run," muttered Applejack from the corner of her mouth.

The four ponies turned tail and fled out of Ponyville as fast as their hooves or wings could carry them. They heard Pinkie galloping behind them. The occasional rock sailed past their heads. They rushed past the treeline of the Everfree Forest. Pinkie Pie did not follow.

"Don't try to return to Ponyville! You will have no welcome!" screamed Pinkie from behind them. The four collapsed in a pile under a huge oak tree to catch their breath.

"Nice plan, Rainbow dash," said Rarity sarcastically.

Fluttershy fainted.


The yellow pegasus cracked open her eyes to see the grass roof of a hut.

"So, Fluttershy finally awakes. It seems your flight gave her the shakes," said a familiar voice in an exotic accent. Fluttershy rolled onto her side and saw her friends sipping tea from wooden cups. Zecora sat next to them, examining Fluttershy's face.

"It is lucky that I was alarmed. Out in the forest, she could have been harmed," rhymed Zecora to the others.

"Oh! Thank you for rescuing me, Zecora," said Fluttershy. Zecora smiled.

"Now, what is this about Pinkie Pie? This craze that caused to her you to lie?"

"Like we were tellin' ya, Zecora, she jus' snapped. We came up with a plan, but it failed. Next, we were goin' ta write a letter to Twalight," explained Applejack.

"A letter wouldn't work anymore, AJ! We need to fight her!" protested Rainbow Dash.

"I could not help you with the fighting, but perhaps I could help you with some writing," suggested Zecora. Rainbow Dash sighed dramatically. Applejack ignored her.

"That would be mighty kind of ya, Zecora. We'd be honoured to have your help," she said.

"Enough of this, then, let us get a pen," said Zecora. She strode over to a table and grabbed a pen and a piece of paper. The four ponies and one zebra began to write.

Author's Note:

Wow, I just realized how Pinkie deprived this chapter was. Next one will definitely be more Pinkie-centric.