• Published 17th Jan 2012
  • 929 Views, 5 Comments

Mystique - aham5



The story of the third alicorn.

  • ...
6
 5
 929

getting acquainted

Mystique woke up. It was day time and she wanted to explore the new world, and experience all the new things she hasn't seen. 'How do I know all this stuff', she thought to herself. There must have been a past where she learned all these things, sights, sounds, colors, and language. How else did she know how to speak, and read? Twilight woke up and noticed Mystique was awake and thinking. "Good morning," yawned Twilight. "I need to show you around town, so you can get used to things around here, and get yourself acquainted with everypony," stated Twilight.
"Well what should I do?" asked Mystique.
"You should follow me to get some breakfast."
"That sounds good, I am hungry."
"Come on, let’s get ready."
"How do I do that?"
"Oh yeah, I forgot you don't know anything. Just come downstairs with me and I can show you how. Spike time to get up," said Twilight cheerfully. "Ok ok..." grumbled Spike. Twilight went downstairs and went through her morning routine of: brushing her teeth, combing her hair, and making sure she looked good. All the while Mystique was watching how she used her magic to control the brush. 'I wonder if I can do that,' she asked herself. "Here, now you try," Twilight got out a new toothbrush for her to use. Mystique focused, and held the toothbrush with her magic. "Wow, I didn't know if I could do that or not," Mystique said ecstatically. "I wasn't sure you would be able to either, I was about to have to teach you the hard way, ha ha ha!" Twilight laughed.
Mystique went through the rest of her morning start, with minimal problems. They got Spike out of bed, and went to the front door. As soon as the front door opened Pinkie Pie, turned her head and saw Mystique. She gasped for a few seconds and ran off. "Don't worry Mystique, she's just about to throw you a party for you," Twilight assured. "Now let’s get going, I'm starving. I will introduce you to many of my friends on the way there." They walked, and, on the way to the diner, they had to greet Mystique to everypony, and after about thirty minutes, for what usually is a ten minute walk, they arrived at the diner.

"Finally," sighed Spike. "I'm starving," he whined. They sat down at the table and a waiter came and dropped the menus on the table. "What would you guys like to drink?" asked the waiter. "Just order what I order Mystique it's super easy, I will have a glass of water," answered Twilight.
"How about you?"
"The same as her."
"And you?"
"I'll have an emerald martini, you guys have those right?"
"I'm sorry we don't carry jewels!"
"Alright, alright. I guess I will have the grass shake."
"Spike we've come here before, you know they don't serve gems here!" Twilight said.
"I know, but I figure if I keep trying maybe they will have them someday."
"Ha ha ha, your'e funny Spike," laughed Mystique.
"Aww, your'e gonna make me blush..." ogled Spike.
"He does this a lot, better just to ignore him when he does something silly."
"Hey!" answered Spike. Suddenly, a loud bang in the distance stirred everypony up. Twilight turned her head around to see the essence of a sonic rainboom coming from behind her. "What was that?" questioned Mystique.
"That, was a sonic rainboom," Twilight answered. But what caused it?