• Published 26th Dec 2012
  • 2,329 Views, 38 Comments

Suddenly... Ponies! - Liquidfirest0rm



After a mishap in their vacation travels, the Mane 6 inadvertently end up on earth.

  • ...
4
 38
 2,329

Chapter 2 (Revised 15 October 2014)

The six ponies watched as the strange creature slumped to the floor amongst the pieces of the shattered lamp. A second thump was heard as Rarity fainted. Fluttershy rushed to her side, gently shaking her and fanning her with a wing. The rest of the ponies watching in shock as a pool of blood slowly expanded from underneath the creature’s head.

“Oh no! Ohnoohnoohno!” Twilight panicked. “Oh my gosh, I killed it!”

She collapsed on the floor, covering her face with her hooves and muttering a mix of ‘oh no’ and some other things that couldn’t be understood.

Rainbow Dash cautiously approached the creature, not entirely sure it was dead. It looked completely different from anything she had ever seen before. It wore clothes, and the skin that wasn’t covered seemed to lack any kind of fur, save the short mane on it’s head.

As she studied the creature, she noticed that it’s chest still rose and fell, indicating that it was still alive. She turned back towards her friends, finding Twilight still unresponsive and thus no help, she figured Fluttershy was her next best option. Her experience with wild animals should be able to help in some way.

“Hey, Fluttershy.” She called out, drawing her friend’s attention. “This thing’s still alive. Is there anything you can do for it?”

Fluttershy looked up at the creature, seeing the blood for the first time.

“Oh my goodness!”

Gently setting Rarity’s head down, she quickly looked around the room for something she could use as a bandage. Spotting a basket full of clothes in the corner, she grabbed a piece and neatly rolled it up, before carrying it over.

With Rainbow’s help, she managed to move the creature so that it was laying flat on its back. Turning its head over, she could clearly see the open gash on the side of its head. While the cut wasn’t very deep, it still needed covered to stop the bleeding.

Using the tip of one of her wings, she gently brushed out some small pieces of debris from the shattered lamp. She then lifted its head and slid the bandage underneath, before neatly tying it off so that it would stay in place and hold pressure over the wound.

Rainbow walked back over to Twilight, who was still in freak out mode, to try and calm her down.

“Twi.” She said, but received no response.

“Hey, Twilight.” She said again, this time gently nudging her shoulder. This caused Twilight to finally look up at her. Her eyes were full of tears and she had streaks running down her muzzle.

“Hey, it’s alright-” She started before Twilight cut her off.

“Alright?! Alright?! How can anything be alright?! I just killed that innocent creature that was probably just defending it’s home!” She stood up and started pacing.

“Twi, you need to-”

“And what happens when the Princess finds out what I’ve done?! She’ll throw me in the dungeon! Or worse, she’ll refuse to be my teacher anymore!”

Rainbow grabbed her head and forced her to look her in the eyes.

“Twilight! Snap out of it! It’s not dead! You just knocked it out, it should be fine.” Twilight stared into her eyes for a few moments, not saying anything.

“It was just an accident. You can apologize when it wakes up.”

This seemed to settle her down. She took a deep breath and let it out slowly. She looked over to where Fluttershy was now sitting beside the creature, fussing over the cloth tied around its head. She then looked to the pool of blood and lamp fragments and her ears drooped even more. Even if it had just been an accident, she had still almost killed something without thinking.

“Umm… Twilight.” Fluttershy asked.

Her friend’s quiet question drew her attention away from her brooding.

“Umm… If it’s not to much trouble, do you think you could move it to the bed over there?” She pointed a hoof at the bed against the far wall. “I mean, if you want to that is. Me and Rainbow moved it a bit earlier and it’s really heavy for it’s size.”

She looked back at Fluttershy and nodded, before her horn started to glow with its usual violet aura. A similar aura surrounded the creature, and it slowly lifted off the ground and started moving towards the bed. She gently set it down, making sure that its head didn’t hit the headboard.

She turned back to her friends, seeing Rarity being helped to her feet by Pinkie. Rainbow Dash and Applejack were missing from the room, sparking a moment of panic in her. They didn’t know if there were anymore of the strange creatures here. The fact that they had injured one already didn’t bode well for them being seen as friendly.

She hurried out of the room in search of her two friends. The room exited into a hallway with several other doors, which were all closed, and a staircase leading to a lower level. Not spotting any sign of them, she headed towards the staircase.

Going down was a bit more complicated than she was used to. The stairs were unusually tall and much thinner than stairs needed to be. This forced her to shorten her stride to avoid falling head over hooves down the staircase.

Once she had reached the bottom, she looked around, breathing a sigh of relief at seeing them staring out one of the large windows. She trotted over to where they were standing, the sound of her hoof steps drawing Rainbow’s attention.

“Um, Twilight.” She pointed a hoof towards the window. “I don’t think we’re in Equestria anymore.”

Twilight took a place at the window beside Applejack with Rainbow hovering between the two of them. Twilight’s jaw dropped as she stared out the window. Outside was several other buildings, all of similar design, spaced out evenly along a road that was an odd grey color. Short patches of grass separated the buildings, which she guessed were homes, from the road. There were also smaller separations of the same grey road material that separated the sections of grass. Strange shiny objects were sitting on several of them, including the one leading up to this building.

At that moment, two more of the strange creatures ran by causing the three to duck out of sight.

“Do ya think they saw us?” Applejack asked nervously.

After a few moments of not hearing anything they decided that they would head back upstairs and rejoin the others.

“I still don’t understand how we got here.” Twilight said as she followed Rainbow up the stairs. “I made sure that the diagram was properly drawn, quadruple checked all my calculations. We should be in Las Pegasus right now, not wherever this is!”

She threw her head back with a growl of frustration. As she lowered her head back down, she noticed a glint coming from the end of Rainbow’s tail. Using her magic, she grabbed Rainbow’s tail and held it in place, closely examining it. This effectively halted the rainbow maned Pegasus, who turned around with a glare of indignation.

“Twilight! What gives?”

“Oh no…” Twilight trailed off, simply staring at the end of Rainbow’s tail. After a moment she spoke again.

“I-I think I know how we ended up here.” Her voice was flat and full of dread.

The two mares simply stared at her, waiting for a response. She lifted the tip of Rainbow’s tail higher so that it was in clear view of all three ponies. A faint white dust could be seen coating the bottom of it.

“Rainbow, your tail must have dragged through one of the lines of the spell diagram!” Twilight stated, a little more harshness in her voice than intended.

The rainbow Pegasus in front of her visibly recoiled as if she'd been struck. Her features dropped, and her ears pinned back

“You mean… this whole mess… is my fault?” She stuttered out, tears starting to well up in the corners of her eyes.

“Now just calm down, we still have Twi here. She can figure out a way to get us back.” Applejack said, trying to lay her fears to rest. Twilight let out a sigh that drew their attention.

“It might not be that easy. I don’t know where here is, or what exactly got changed on the spell diagram to send us here. Not only that, but I left the book for the spell on the desk in the library, so I have nothing to reference any kind of solution with.”

Applejack shot her a hard glare, before both of them turned to their distraught friend. Rainbow had lain down and had her hooves covering her head and a soft sobbing could be heard.

“Aww… C’mon now sugarcube. Atleast we’re still all together.” She said, putting a foreleg around Dash’s withers. She looked back at Twilight as she held the sobbing Pegasus in a comforting embrace.

“Twi… y’all might wanna go tell the others.”

With a solemn nod, she turned to head back to the room that her other three friends and the unconscious creature were in.

Author's Note:

Wow, so many views on this story already! (Flutteryay here). If the description of the outside was too vague, he lives in suburbia. As usual criticism is welcome and please point out any errors so I can fix them. Thank you all for the Fav's and Likes.