• Published 27th Dec 2012
  • 555 Views, 1 Comments

Chemistry of Love - Edgar Allan Bro



Why did pinkie think oatmeal was crazy? Who is Oatmeal? Why am I asking you all of these questions? Oatmeal is Twilight's pen pal friend and French Chocolate is an earth pony who is madly in love with Twilight Sparkle

  • ...
 1
 555

Chemistry of Love

Oatmeal Raisins, a local unicorn scientist, has been Twilight Sparkle's ponyville pen pal and best friend for 10 years. Ever since they were just filly and colt they would send each other letters every week recounting tales of their lives, talked about their hobbies, and exchanged poetry of any inspirations they found and sometimes they even poetized about each other. Then by the hand of fate, Twilight is sent to ponyville on a mission to make friends which later becomes a mission to defeat nightmare moon. Finally, with the defeat of Nightmare Moon, the two distant friends met for the first time and became close friends.

October 28, 2010 8:00 am

"Its a beautiful view isn't it?" said Oatmeal Raisins.

"I guess so but why did you bring me here?" said Twilight Sparkle looking tired and hungry. Oatmeal Raisins had asked Twilight Sparkle to join him on one of his early morning mountain climbing trips and twilight sparkle unreluctantly agreed to it thinking it might be fun. They climbed for hours on Mount Tranquility until they reached a plateau that overlooked ponyville.

"No reason, I just wanted some time to talk alone with you is all." said Oatmeal Raisins sitting near the precipice while looking at Ponyville in the distance and perhaps he was planning his next words carefully.

"About what and why here?" said Twilight Sparkle with a quizzical look on her face.

"I felt like this place was the only place where I could pour my feelings out." said Oatmeal Raisins while still looking to Ponyville. Twilight didn't know what that meant but she reasoned that anything that Oatmeal wanted to talk about could be settled after lunch.

"Can't this wait after lunch? I'm famished after that workout climbing this mountain." said Twilight Sparkle. Oatmeal Raisins opens his right saddlebag and gives Twilight Sparkle a basket that was inside.

"You can eat those daisies I packed in that basket, I brought plenty." said Oatmeal Raisins.

"You remembered these were my favorite! You sure know how to feed a girl" said Twilight Sparkle with a wink in her eye ;D

"Did you also know I'm a great cook? I can cook anything from pancakes to dynamite." said Oatmeal Raisins. Twilight Sparkle lets out a small giggle, it was probably faked though.

*Oatmeal Raisins picks up a daisy from the basket and starts plucking petals.*

Rainbow Dash high up on a cloud with nothing to do notices Oatmeal and Twilight in the distance and decides to spy on them in a nearby tree. Oatmeal Raisins looking unsure of what effect his next words will have, he says "I wanted to talk about love interest Twilight, are you ok with this?"

Twilight still chewing on some daisies only manages to let out an "mmhm."

"Well there's this someone I really like and I thought you might be the girl to go to." said Oatmeal Raisins. Twilight eating her last daisy gives Oatmeal a nod.

"Oatmeal Raisins has a crush? *giggle* I'm getting Fluttershy, she wouldn't want to miss this!" whispered Rainbow Dash to herself, before leaving to bring Fluttershy.

"So who is this mystery mare?" said Twilight Sparkle.

"you're a good detective right? Guess." said Oatmeal Raisins.

"Is it Octavia?" said Twilight Sparkle.

"Nope." said Oatmeal Raisins.

"Rainbow dash?" said twilight sparkle.

"Nope." said Oatmeal Raisins.

"Fluttershy?" said Twilight Sparkle.

"Nope." said Oatmeal Raisins

"It must be Rarity, she's so much prettier than i'll ever be" said Twilight with a bit of hurt on her countenance.

*Rainbow Dash returns with Fluttershy and they hide in a nearby tree.*

"What? I don't ever want you saying that about about yourself Twilight, anypony would be lucky to have you!" said Oatmeal Raisins. That caught Rainbow dash and Fluttershy by surprise =0

""Do you really mean that?" said Twilight Sparkle. Oatmeal nods and gives a reassuring smile.

"The girl I'm talking about makes me blush just thinking about her. She's sophisticated, beautiful, and highly intelligent. Her inquisitive nature just makes her all the more wonderful and she doesn't even know it." said Oatmeal Raisins.

'Could he be talking about me?' thought twilight.

"can you guess who? She's closer than you think miss Twilight Sparkle." said Oatmeal Raisins.

'quick think of somepony else!' thought Twilight Sparkle.

"Miss Cherilee?" said Twilight Sparkle.

Rainbow Dash falls out of the tree in surprise (thump) and quickly flies back into said tree.

"That was a pretty good guess but she's alot closer than you think. Alot of colts don't appreciate her but if she were mine I would hold her while stroking her mane every night until she went to sleep." said Oatmeal Raisins.

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy give look at each other and give each other a quiet "awwww" in response to Oatmeal Raisins.

Twilight blushes and says "I've never heard you say something so romantic before, whats gotten into you?" Oatmeal Raisins was never one for romance.

"Love can make a stallion go crazy Twilight Sparkle." said Oatmeal Raisins as he gives Twilight a smile.

"I had no idea you felt this way Oatmeal." said Twilight Sparkle as she blushes immensely.

"I don't think I could live without her." said Oatmeal Raisins, voice softening with each word spoken.

"what are you trying to say Oatmeal?" said Twilight Sparkle. She looks into Oatmeal Raisin's eyes and he meets her gaze.

"I'm talking about spending the rest of our lives together." said Oatmeal Raisins.

"Rainbow Dash I think he's proposing!" said Fluttershy looking ecstatic.

"ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!" said Rainbow Dash then both of them give a girly squeel.

"But Oatmeal this is going so fast! What about the preparations, and then there's the housing, and *Gasp* what if French Chocolate found out!" said Twilight Sparkle.

"Does it matter?" said Oatmeal Raisins.

"But Oatmeal if he found out he would." said Twilight before Oatmeal Raisins gently put a hoof to her mouth to shush her.

"You know you worry too much." said Oatmeal Raisins.

Twilight Sparkle leans in for a kiss and Oatmeal Leans in too.

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy now have their full attention on Oatmeal Raisins and Twilight Sparkle. They are getting closer now, so close they are only inches away from touching! Then Twilight hears Oatmeal whisper into her ear "science."

"What?" said Twilight sparkle.

"Science, I FREAKING LOVE SCIENCE!" Oatmeal loudly whispers into Twilight's ear. Oatmeal pulls out a detonator from his left saddlebag and presses the big red button with the stomp of a hoof. *Boooom* an explosion(accompanied by a small earthquake) can be seen originating from Iron Will's mansion from where Oatmeal and Twilight were sitting.

"Oh my gosh! noooooo! NOT THE HOUSE! PLEASE CELESTIA TAKE MY WIFE AND KIDS BUT NOT THE HOUSE!" screamed Iron Will. He kept shouting profanities and cursed the life of the pony who did this until he fell to his knees and sobbed loudly.

Oatmeal Raisins admiring the flying debris completely ignoring the death threats made against him by iron will in the distance and said "aww science, isn't she just wonderful?"

"so you weren't talking about me the entire time?" said Twilight Sparkle.

"But Twilight I thought you were French Chocolate's mare." said Oatmeal Raisins looking very confused. Twilight gives Oatmeal a HOW DARE YOU look and bucks Oatmeal across the face. She runs off in tears and teleports away to some unkown location.

"Was it something I said?" Oatmeal Raisins asked himself as he soothed his face.

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are still trying to make sense of what just happened. Fluttershy pops her head out of the tree they were hiding in and yells "AWW COME ON!" and Rainbow dash pulls Fluttershy's head back into the tree.

It turns out that pinkie pie was also spying on Oatmeal Raisins but from a bad angle too, and must have gotten the wrong idea because she isn't very happy.

"You said you would never cheat on me you sleezebag!" Pinkie Pie said as her eyes lit like fire and screamed in a way that didn't sound natural "NOBODY BREAKS A PINKIE PROMISE!"

"But I wasn't cheating I promise, I only went for a climb!" said Oatmeal Raisins fearful of what pinkie might do next.

Then it happened, Pinkie pie's hair deflated. "your promises mean nothing!" said pinkie pie as she pulls out a party cannon from nothing. Without hesitation, Pinkie Pie fires her cannon, hitting Oatmeal Raisins between the eyes with a cupcake knocking him unconscious.

*one knockout later*

same day, 9:00 pm.

He wakes up later that night in Pinkie Pie's basement. Other than his forehead, he wasn't hurt at all so maybe the worst was finally over. He opened his eyes and stood up, but it was still very dark and he couldn't see a thing.

"who knew a cupcake could do that?" Oatmeal said as he wipes icing off his face with his hoof.

The lights are turned on and standing between Oatmeal Raisins and the door are a very pissed off French Chocolate, Princess celestia, Pinkamena, and Iron will.

"I told you Pinkie, I didn't cheat on you but to Iron Will, I did destroy your house. To the rest of you I did break Twilight's heart but don't get me wrong, she's the one who came on to me!" said Oatmeal Raisins.

That only seemed to make things worse considering Iron Will was now looking steamed enough to power a locomotive.

"oh well." said Oatmeal Raisins.

French Chocolate charges at Oatmeal Raisins leaving a trail of brown behind him with the intent of murder in his eyes.

Oatmeal Raisins teleports himself and French Chocolate out of Sugarcube Corner.

"I'm going to use a hacksaw to chop your horn off, sharpen it, shove it so far up your ass it will come out of your mouth, pull it out, tie your tongue to it, shove it back down your throat, use the pole until it reaches the other side, pull it out, stab it into your cutie mark, then bury you alive if you still breath!!!!" said French Chocolate looking insane from rage.

"love really can make a stallion go crazy." thought Oatmeal Raisins, amazed at French's creative death threat.

Before French could make good on his threat Oatmeal used his magic to disguise himself as French Chocolate and French Chocolate as Oatmeal Raisins. He then Teleported himself and French Chocolate back into the basement with Princess Celestia and Iron Will.

Doing his best to copy French Chocolate's rage, Oatmeal screams "YOU BROKE TWILIGHT'S HEART, NOW I'M GOING TO SHATTER YOURS INTO DUST AND THROW IT INTO THE WIND!" Oatmeal bucks French Chocolate to Iron Will who begins pounding on French Chocolate mercilessly with his fists.

Oatmeal Raisins abducts Pinkie Pie who is also beating on French Chocolate and carries her to her room while she struggles the entire way. It was pretty difficult considering he wasn't using his magic to hide his identity.

"What are you doing French? We're supposed to be beating Oatmeal remember?" said Pinkie Pie.

"We'll get to that in a second" said Oatmeal Raisins.

Oatmeal Raisins Drops his magical disguise and says "I never cheated on you Pinkie, I only went for a climb." Pinkie Pie slaps Oatmeal Raisins, turns away from Oatmeal, and begins to cry.

"How could you do this to me!" said a sobbing Pinkie Pie.

"I never cheated pinkie look at me" said Oatmeal Raisins.

Pinkie Pie stops crying to look at Oatmeal and says "Honest?"

Oatmeal Raisins looks her in the eye to show he was telling the truth and says "Honest."

Pinkie Pie looking a little doubtful said "Without climbing gear?"

"Only French ponies need climbing gear." said Oatmeal Raisins.

*Iron will gets tired from beating up "Oatmeal" and leaves to buy another mansion with his enormous fortune.*

"Damn you Oatmeal! Damn you!" said French Chocolate from the basement.

*back in Pinkie Pie's room*

"I still love you Pinkie Pie" said Oatmeal Raisins.

"I love you too." said Pinkie Pie.

"Lets have some fun? The night is still young" said Oatmeal Raisins.

"Oatmeal are you crazy?" said Pinkie Pie.

Author's Note:

French Chocolate is actually the name of a very good fried of mine.
His Fimfiction name is Brovahkiin so be sure to give him a shout out or something. Trololol.

Comments ( 1 )

Lol the cover is pilot mountain. I live near that mountain.

Login or register to comment