• Published 10th Jan 2013
  • 700 Views, 27 Comments

Making Ends Meet (Or At Least Trying To) - CaptainButch



Two regular humans end up in Equestria, and immediately leave a bad impression. How will they cope with their new lives? Can they gain the trust of the Princesses and Mane-6? And will they be able to defeat the looming evil that awaits them?

  • ...
4
 27
 700

Prologue

It's January. I wish it was still December. Why? Simply because it was warmer than October was, and the heat continued to rise every day, up until New Year's Day. Now it's fucking freezing. But this doesn't bother us in the slightest. By "us" I mean my friends and I. Which is pretty much the high school band.

There's Jo, the laid-back, random, fun-loving leader and drum major of our band. Nobody really knows her natural hair color, seeing as she dyes it almost every month. She dyed her hair red and green for the holidays this month. Then there's Trey, our bass guitarist and co-drum major of the band. Everyone knows the stereotype that bassists are chill and laid back. Trey, not so much. If anything he's the exact opposite. He's crazy and random, plus he loves anything to do with Star Wars and Oreos. He will yell in your face in such a way that you can't help but laugh. And neither can he. There's also Bradley, my best friend. He's crazy, creative, and all around awesome. I just realized that almost everyone in the band is crazy, and that's why it's so fun. Oh, and like myself, Bradley's a brony.

Speaking of myself, I'm being forced to see a psychologist. My parents decided that I needed to start seeing a psychologist ever since I told them that I liked My Little Pony:Friendship Is Magic. My parents always thought of me as weird, considering I was always the odd one out, was picked on constantly, and even went along with it, with no resistance.

My psychologist thinks that the root of my "problem" is my "obsession" with My Little Pony:Friendship Is Magic. He suggested that my parents take away anything and everything that would grant me the opportunity to watch the show, and that I record daily video diaries about how I feel without being able to watch the show, and whether or not I feel it's "helping" me get rid of my "problem". What an idiot.

By the way my name's-

"Quentin! Dinner!"

"Ok Mom!"

Well there you go. My name's Quentin. But my last name isn't Dinner, although it would be interesting if it was. Anyway my last name's-

"QUENTIN! DINNER! NOW!"

"Alright, I'm coming!"

Well I guess this marks the end of my first video diary. And since you will be the only one seeing this Scott, with you being my psychologist and all, I'd like to say something to you.

There's nothing wrong with me, and you aren't going to change who I am. So...................yeah....................

Fuck you.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

It's our first day back from Christmas break, and I can't seem to find Bradley. Everyone is off hanging out with the social groups that they fit into, and I can't find Bradley. I searched and asked around, but nobody had a clue. I wanted to give him the present I made him for Christmas, but it seemed I couldn't, as he was nowhere to be found.

"YAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!"

"What the hell?"

I turned around and saw Bradley, running around acting as if he was flying. And it looked pretty cool with the new Rainbow Dash hoodie he got for Christmas. It had the ears, mane, tail, even the cutie mark. It was truly awesome. My gift I made for Bradley didn't even compare. It wasn't even a gift really. I didn't have any money to get a gift, so I made a drawing of Rainbow Dash. I should probably just go throw it away. I was walking to the trash can when I heard a voice behind me.

"Hey Quentin."

I spun around towards the owner of the voice, wondering who it was.

"Oh, uh, hi Bradley."

"What's that?"

He pointed to the paper in my hand that had the drawing I made for him.

"Oh, um, it's something I made for you for Christmas"

Great. Now I have to show him this stupid piece of crap.

"You really went out of your way to make me something for Christmas?"

"Yup. Sure did."

I showed him the drawing of Rainbow Dash I made him, and his face light up as a huge smile spread across it.

"Oh my god! This looks amazing! I love it!"

"Really? You do?"

"Yeah I do."

Bradley put his fist out, and I knew it was for a bro-hoof. I leaned back so I could get a little momentum for this bro-hoof, and Bradley did too. We leaned forward really fast with our fists extended, with Bradley screaming "YAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!" This was the most epic bro-hoof ever, and time seemed to slow as our fists met. A blue aura started emanating from our fists, and gradually grew, enveloping everything. I realized that it was causing everything to stop, even time itself. Pretty soon everything was enshrouded in a sea of blue, and the space to my right seemed to distort, until a hole appeared. It reminded me of a black hole from space. Only instead of sucking everything up, it only took me, leaving my world trapped in time while I was whisked away into another dimension.

Author's Note:

Hey everypony! This is my first story, and feedback is greatly appreciated! If you have any suggestions don't be afraid to let me know.