• Published 16th Dec 2012
  • 1,886 Views, 11 Comments

Maybe is all I... - Fat1thatyoulove

  • ...
3
 11
 1,886

Chapter 1

Maybe is all...

Chapter 1

You can hear the sound of wind pushing past your ears at a fast speed you don’t want to open your eyes for fear of breaking concentration. You picture in your mind the library, the hard wood floor of the wholed out tree, the smell of the books mixed with the smell of the tree, you try to focus on what it feels like to be in the room. The wind is still passing by your ears so you know your mind and magic is not cooperating; you clench your eyes tighter and counting to picture the library. “Come on brain work with me here!”, the howling of the wind starts to simmer down; you feel that your feet are planted on the ground. You slowly open your eyes, it takes you a few seconds to blink your eyes back into focus and when they finally settle you look around…

“I’m home...” your thoughts are a mixture of joy and sorrow.

Your mind races as you look around the small apartment you know you're standing in your living room but the walls are barren and the room feels like a distant memory of a dream you once lived. You blankly look over the room you stand in; you never noticed how bland your house looked how void of life it feels. You had convinced yourself that you would never again see this world, this room, anyone you once knew; and yet here you stand...you feel like screaming out in joy but you can’t stop thinking about Twilight as you look around your almost colorless world.

You’re wondering eyes are brought to an abrupt end when you hear a voice speak from behind you…

“Talking ponies and flashing green light that drop men out of nowhere, I have seen some crazy things but this place takes the cake.”

Your mind tries to match the strong Australian voice to anyones you have ever heard before, but your mind draws blank; you slowly turn around and see a big man standing in your living room holding your TV.

“Good day mate, hope you don’t mind this but I’m going to have to get rid of you.”

The room’s lights are not on but the sun shining from the closed blinds is enough to see the man, he is dressed in dark jeans and he has a coat on that looks to be made of some kind of jean like material. He’s bald with a goatee his face looks stone hard as if this man has never smiled before in his life, there’s a teardrop tattoo under his left eye, but the thing that is striking the fear into your body are his eyes, his completely darkened eyes he has them half closed and they are fixed on you.

Your breathing becomes hyper and your heart beats sporadically as he dips into his coat, you have seen enough movies to know nothing good comes out of a motion like that and you're not about to wait around to see what it is. You charge the man and attempt to tackle him, but it’s no use as you charge the man he knees you in your stomach. The wind is knocked out of you and you rest on the floor in a hunched over fashion trying to catch your breath but this is only the beginning the man swings an arm onto your back and you fall completely to the ground; you lie there with you back throbbing and your stomach acing.

The man stands over you as he talks, “Ha ha come on boy get up!”

The man kicks you in your side and you scream out in pain you now are coughing and wheezing two things that are not helping to calm your heart beating.

“Hey where is that talking pony hm?”

You try to push yourself up off the ground but you’re kicked at the start of your attempt. You lie at the feet of your attacker panting and too sore to try another attempt at standing…but the exhausted feeling is quickly replaced with a bone chilling realism… as you hear the sound of a gun cock above your head. You close your eye and picture yourself across the room, you're clothed in a green mist and just as the gun discharges you teleport across the room. Your heart is now pounding your chest and you hear nothing but the steady beat in your ear drums.

“What the fuck are you an X-men?” the man turns to face you and shoots again,

it’s a miss; you try rushing the man to disarm the weapon from him, you're now locked in a battle for the gun you try to hold the gun towards your feet as he continues to discharge the weapon, each shot pierces the ringing in your ears but your unaffected by the sound, you're going on pure adrenaline and the idea of not dying . As you start to make progress in getting the gun from the mans hands your head butted by him.

You stagger back and hear the ringing sound of another gun shoot, you push your hands forward and a bust of green magic knocks the gun out of his hand and knocks him over onto the ground. The man hits head against the floor, he holds his head as he rolls around on the ground.

“What the hell are you!” He screams as he stands up still holding his head.

You watch as he staggers to the door and leaves the house.

You crawl over to a wall and rest your back against it still trying to get your breath back incase the man decides to come back. After a few minutes you try to stand, but you fall back screaming in pain… your mind has kept something from you…you look down at your arm and notices your cupping your side, its at this moment you feel the warmth in your hand.. You slowly remove your hand and stare. You look at your bloody hand and your heart starts to skip beats, you let out a scream as your mind finally lets you take in what has happened. You press your hand back to your wound you know you have to keep pressure on it if you want to try and save yourself. You slowly try to inch yourself to the kitchen to the phone that rests on the counter. It takes all your strength to pull yourself up to the phone, you grab the phone and fall back to the ground you frantically try to dial 911 but the blood on your hands makes it very difficult to not slip off and hit different numbers. After a few attempts you get the number correctly. It’s at this point you realize there’s no power in the phone.

You slam the phone on the ground out of frustration, the blood you have lost is starting to make you woozy and you’re starting to feel cold, your hands tremble as you try holding your wound. You lean your head back and fight to keep your eyes open…

Your fading in and out each time you fade back in you jerk yourself forward to keep yourself awake.

“Come on some one had to hear those shoots...”

You look towards the door and see no one there, you try to call out for help but your voice is too weak to carry out the door.

Chapter 1 end