• Published 13th Dec 2012
  • 980 Views, 6 Comments

The Wonderbolts Meet Star Scorcher - Linkonpark100



A party pegasus who finally meets his favorite flyers of Equestria.

  • ...
2
 6
 980

Chapter 1: The Show

BEEP! BEEP!

"Ugh..." groaned the sleepy stallion. He tried to find his alarm clock by his bed side, only to touch the side drawers. When he finally managed to get it...

BAM!

He crushed it with his own hoof. It was a wild party last night. Everything was off the hook. The mares and stallions were getting their groove on the dance floor and getting drunk. And the host? He was pretty cool with everypony. Many of the mares had thought that he was very good-looking and always easy to get along with. With his red fur, yellow mane and tail, beautiful blue crystal eyes and a cutie mark that showed him to be a very graceful flyer, they all thought he was pretty wicked. As in, wicked cool. His name was Star Scorcher. And he's hungover.

Scorcher had rubbed his eyes and still got a headache from last night's party. Whatever he did that time and whoever he was with, it didn't matter. Those weird memories were long gone, locked up by the 'hangover gate'. Yes, he made that one up. It was made up in his imagination where he locks it all up before drinking some alcohol. It was his own system. "No regrets", was his motto when he always took a shot or a kegger. This had always made him oblivious to what's happening. Luckily, he always limits himself to parties once a week. The last time he partied for an entire week, he ended up in the San Palomino Desert. And it was not a pretty sight.

He rubbed his head in exhaustion. "Monster hangover..." he muttered. It was, as last night's party was a wild one. 96 shots and still going. However, he wasn't too bothered about it. That's how he rolled.

Getting off his bed, he felt something slimy and wet under his hooves. He smelled something foul and awful underneath his snout. He looked down and saw the remains of last night's dinner.

"Gah! Was I that drunk last night?" he grumbled. However, he never knew his drinking limits. But he never cared. That was the fun of a party. He would clean up the puke puddle later. Right now, he needed to wash up and make himself breakfast.

After that nice wash, he went down and cooked himself some scrambled eggs and poured himself some coffee. Remembering somepony who taught him an eating tip, he poured soy sauce all over eggs. It was rather unorthodox, but he always liked it with the special sauce. And the coffee? Ice blended latte was his favorite. Yes, he works in a coffee shop. He was working part-time so that he could pay off rent.

He may be a party animal. But he still had dreams. And it was his dream to become part of The Wonderbolts.

Unexpected? Well, the wild child is very unpredictable. Whenever he isn't working, Scorcher always practices his flying. Many of the locals notice his practice sessions and this makes him a favorite to the children. They always praised him with positive feedback about his style of flying. How does he fly?

Star Scorcher is one of the most graceful of all the pegasus ponies. His style consisted of twisting and turning. Sometimes, he would do something unpredictable like using the environment around him or drag somepony along the ride with him. However, his speed his unmatched by others, making him equal to the members of The Wonderbolts. He knows how to control his speed limit and whenever his turning goes haywire, he always replaces it with one of his twists or turns. Most of his trademark moves are only improvisations in order for him to excel. One particular move called 'Nova Meteor' had consisted of him flying fast downwards while twisting and turning around the wind that had been caught. However, he didn't dare to land as he knew that the move's radius impact would be big. So he always turned upwards. There are many more moves he had created, but save that for another time.

Right now, he had cleaned up the mess in the house from last night. He had to go to work and get out early so that he could start his grand day. Why? Today was Saturday and tonight would be another Wonderbolts show. He bought the best seats in the house. And after all that partying, maybe he could do something more enjoyable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later tonight...

The stage is set and everypony was in their seats. The audience was already pumped up for the presence of The Wonderbolts. Lighting was checked and cloud fields were arranged. Everything was ready.

In the locker room backstage of the arena, The Wonderbolts had their gear in checked. Suits dry cleaned and goggles on their eyes. They were ready. All 12 members were standing tall and excited for action.

"Alright, team..." Spitfire, leader of The Wonderbolts, started. "...this is a very big performance we're gonna give to all of Cloudsdale. Remember what tactics we've planned but most importantly, let's not disappoint the fans with the performance we're gonna give them all tonight. Are we ready?"

"Yeah!" High Winds yelled.

"Alright!" Fleetfoot shouted.

"Bring it on!" Fire Streak said.

"Don't think you're gonna be better than me, Fire." Wave Chill acknowledged, leaving Fire Streak to scowl.

"You ready Breezie?" Blaze asked.

"Already am before we arrived at the arena." Breezie replied.

"Shall we go now, Rapidfire?" Lightening Streak asked playfully.

"Whatever rocks your boat, Lightening." Rapidfire replies before pushing him softly.

"I know that I accepted the fact that you and Lightening are in love, but take it after the show." Misty came in, leaving the coltcuddlers to blush.

"Let's go." Silver Lining inquired.

Everypony nodded as each of the members flew out to give their performance.

"After the show, pies on me!" Soarin' yelled.

The rest of The Wonderbolts groaned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, boy. Just in time!" Star Scorcher expressed. He had to fly over a couple blocks of buildings, dodging the obstacles that had gotten in his way thanks to his flying abilities. He finally reached the VIP box. He managed to get the VIP tickets through some party connections. That's just how he rolled.

"Good evening, fillies and gentlecolts!" The announcer began. "Are you ready for tonight's show?"

The crowd went wild with anticipation.

"Then, let's give it up for The Wonderbolts!" he finished.

The crowd had burst into the loudest cheer they could ever do. Star Scorcher had joined in. Coming out from backstage were The Wonderbolts. All 12 members of the team. First off was Wave Chill and Fire Streak, who were glaring at each other before separating to their positions. Next was Silver Lining and Fleetfoot, who nodded at each other and went to their positions. Afterwards was Lightening Streak, Rapidfire and Misty. Then Breezie's team, consisting of herself, Blaze and High Winds. Finally, coming out was Spitfire and Soarin', who went to their respective positions.

"Oh man. I can't wait to see how this goes out." Star Scorcher said, excited at the stunts they were gonna pull out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wonderbolts managed to keep the crowd pumped up. The race between Wave Chill and Fire Streak kept the crowd going, with Wave Chill winning by just a few inches away.

"Don't worry. Maybe next time you won't flaunt your muscles to the mares." Wave whispered in Fire's ear, who gave our a quiet 'Grrr'.

Breezie's team had created a streak diagram in the sky. It was the shape of a star. The crowd was cheering loudly at the piece of art.

Breezie hoof-bumped High Winds while Blaze smiled.

Fleetfoot and Silver Lining were pulling tricks up their sleeves. So many twists and turns had mesmerized the crowd.

"Just like we practiced, right Silver?" Fleetfoot asked. Silver only grunted as he wanted to put his head in the game.

Everything was going well. Everypony was enjoying the show, especially Star Scorcher. He seemed to think that this show was as good as his parties. Suddenly, something had caught his eye. A small colt was cheering very wildly. He seemed to want to get a closer look. Unfortunately, he fell over the arena's front seat fences. The other members of the audience didn't notice until the colt's mother had yelled "My son!!!"

Everypony noticed and gasped. Even The Wonderbolts had seen this. Just before they could catch the colt, a flaming streak from the audience had went downwards to the ground.

Star Scorcher didn't think of what he was doing. He was scared that he was overshadowing The Wonderbolts, his favorite celebrities, by doing this. But he couldn't see a small colt or filly fall to their doom. He had hoped that The Wonderbolts would see his potential. With full speed he managed to catch the falling colt just a few inches from the ground. The young colt was scared of his wits.

"Hold on tight, kiddo!" Scorcher assured. The colt was holding on to his back. Scorcher flew back up to the arena. Using his technique, he created a flaming twister which amazed the crowd. Reaching the sky, the flames faded away, leaving both the audience and The Wonderbolts staring in awe.

"Sweet Celestia, sir! What move was that?" the colt asked in amazement.

"It's called the 'Burning Twister'!" Scorcher replied, mentally adding that move into his mind. Just right outside the hangover gate, he thought to himself.

As he landed back on the arena, he placed the colt down. His mother had ran towards her son and hugged him, full of worry. The crowd had given him full praise. Scorcher couldn't believe it. He may be a party animal, but he was also modest. Suddenly, The Wonderbolts were flying towards him. At first he felt excited, having the opportunity to meet them in pony. However, he thought that he overshadowed his favorite flight team in all of Equestria. He was mentally panicking. What was he gonna do?

"Hey there, we just--" but before Spitfire could finish her sentence, Scorcher had sped off out of the arena. After what he did, he couldn't face his heroes. Not this time. However, Breezie, who was still in the sky, had seen where he went.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, man! I wanted to meet the stallion!" Fleetfoot exclaimed.

"That was a pretty awesome move." Fire Streak said. "But not as awesome as me." he added, giving a smug look.

"Well, remember that I beat you in that race." Wave Chill had said, having Fire scowl at him.

"I thought that he would've made a good member of the team if we had a chance to meet him." Blaze had recommended.

"Sure did." Spitfire agreed. "If only we knew where he is now."

A devious smirk on Breezie's face had grown. "Actually, I might know where. I'll tell you guys tomorrow." she said.

Author's Note:

So this is just the beginning. If things get good, then maybe I'll continue it. Right now, I'm putting Eyes of An Anarchist on the shelves. Thinking of it being a one shot.