• Published 13th Jan 2012
  • 1,976 Views, 13 Comments

MOAR PONIES - wasp9277



Rainbow Dash is confronted by the one pony she wants to see least--Applejack!

  • ...
0
 13
 1,976

Chapter 2

“Shit!” I rubbed my forehead with my hoof before glancing up and realizing that I was Twilight Sparkle’s front door. Of course! Twilight Sparkle had always been there for me, even when nopony else was! I can’t believe I didn’t think of this sooner!

I rose to my hooves and shook of the minor pain from my crash. I pounded my hoof on the door three times before hearing some shuffling and a voice from inside.

“Just a second!” Twilight yelled.

A second or two passed before the lock clicked and the door swung open to a very out of breath Twilight.

“Umm…Twilight…are you busy?” I said, staring at the ground.

“OH! Hey there Dash! Come on in!” She said as she stepped out of my way and swept a hoof in front of her as an inviting gesture.

I heard the clopping of my hooves echoing as I entered the library. I followed Twilight to the couch in the den.

“So, what brings you to my humble abode?” She said, smiling.

“Well, it’s just that I…I need to talk to you..” I looked up at her.

“Okay, what’s up?”

“I…I…Well, It’s about something…romantic…”

“Oh Dash! You met a colt! Oh who is he? I’m so excited for you!!” She exclaimed as she wrapped her hooves around me.

I pushed her away very gently and said “No Twilight, that’s not it….”

Her face grew solemn “Oh, your first rejection…well, it happens to everypony sometime or another”

“Twilight! NO! I didn’t get rejected, it has nothing to do with a colt!” I yelled, leaving myself out of breath.

“I’m not sure I understand Dash…..”

“I…I’m in love…and I’m SO happy and if I don’t tell SOMEPONY about it, I’m gonna explode!”

She sat there, staring at me expectantly.

I stood there in silence for a few seconds, gathering my thoughts. I took a large breath and sat down. “At the party….with Applejack..I…Damn it! Look, Twilight, Applejack and I…..we’re together…dating I guess…”

Twilight continued staring at me with the same expectant expression on her face.

“I….I love her Twi…I can’t stand to keep it a secret anymore…”

“Well, I’ll admit, that was a bit of a shock…”

It was now my turn to stare, waiting to hear what she would say next.

“I heard a rumor at Pinkie’s party; I took it as just that though: a rumor.” She sat quietly, pondering.

“Twilight….? Please, just say something….I came to you first, because you’ve seen the best and worst of me…This is what I was afraid of…” My gaze dropped to the floor and I felt my throat grow tight and tears threaten to pour down my cheeks. I clenched my eyes shut to stop the flow of water.

Twilight shook herself out of a daze and grabbed me by the shoulders. “Dash! Rainbow Dash! Hey, why are you crying?!”

I sniffled and looked into her eyes. “I just thought…..you would…” I was interrupted by a sob, letting the tears flow freely now “I didn’t think you’d….. hate me for this…for being a…a fillyfooler…”

“No, no, no! Dash! I don’t hate you! It just came as a bit of a surprise to me! It’s good, great!” she exclaimed, shaking me.

I looked back up at her and saw her horn glow as a tissue floated up to wipe my tears away.

“You…you don’t hate me?”

“I could never hate you Dash!” She hugged me and gave me a reassuring smile. “So, the great Rainbow Dash is in love?
And with Applejack no less! Care to explain how it all happened?”

I sniffed one last time and smiled at her. “Well, it all started last week when I went over to Sweet Apple Acres to help buck apples….”

After a long explanation both of us blushing a few times, the story had been told and I sat on Twilight’s couch, feeling a little surer of my decision to tell her.

“Wow! So that explains why both of you ponies left the party in such a hurry! That’s so cute Dash!” She smiled at me and continued “So, how are you going to tell everypony else?”

My smile faded and I stared across the room.

“I don’t know…I kind of came to you as a spur of the moment decision…I just couldn’t hold it in…I’m scared of what everypony else will think…what do you think?”

“Well, I’ve never had to deal with something THIS big before, but Pinkie is really good with secrets…she would be my first choice of somepony to confide in” Twilight calculated every word before she spoke it.

I nodded my head and heaved a sigh before exchanging a few more words with Twilight Sparkle and showing myself to the door.

“Good luck!” She called after me while waving.

I knew this was meant to be helpful, but it caused my stomach to churn and form itself into a knot. Good luck, thanks a lot Twilight…

Comments ( 3 )

Good work! :coolphoto:

I thoroughly enjoyed Twilight's reaction to the news, and I'm anticipating the future encounters with the other ponies.

KEEP GOING! :flutterrage:

:heart:

Thank you sir!:twilightsmile: I apologize for the chapters being a little short , but I hope everypony enjoys them! New chapters should be up in the next few weeks!:rainbowkiss:
-Wasp

This is it. I have been searching for this type of story and BAM! I have found it. I will be tracking now and cannot wait for more from you!
:yay:

Login or register to comment