• Published 20th Jan 2012
  • 1,827 Views, 44 Comments

Pwnification - Tomiix



When you find a small worm hole that leads to Equestria, you find an escape from your crummy life.

  • ...
11
 44
 1,827

Rainbow Down

Pwnification
Chapter 5

I sat on the front stoop waiting for her. I have been repeating the same cycle over and over again for the past month. Wake up early to go help out the Apple Family and get a free meal there. Then I double back here for the tree house for some lessons about history or some other topic of Twilight’s interest. Sometimes instead I would be with Pinkie or Fluttershy learning to cook and take care of animals. Then I wait here for Rainbow Dash to take me to new heights, literally. She has been practically helping me learn to walk again. She would show me how to fly, where to fly, when and where to catch good wind and most importantly how to gain speed.

After slowly becoming a better flyer and flying more often I understood Rainbow’s need to sleep and eat a lot. Pegasus burn a lot of energy flying so we need to eat a lot and rest up to keep ourselves going. I eventually want to help the weather team, yet they say I need to take some flying courses at Cloudsdale University. This wouldn’t be a problem normally since the tests aren’t that hard. The only problem is GETTING there. Cloudsdale is pretty far from Ponyville and it is pretty high up. I just barely reached cloud level the other day, Rainbow doesn’t let me fly really high normally, but I’m sure I can do better. I want to convince her today. The faster I join the weather team the more time I spend with her anyway.

Half of my brain started to have a full out brawl with the other again, and I started to feel confused again. How would that work anyway? Would she ever accept me as another pony? Will I let my self fall in love with a pony in the first place? For some reason, somewhere in my mind I still feel like it’s a terrible idea to like ponies. Wasn’t it me who said awhile ago that I didn’t find horses attractive? Now look at me, I can’t even think straight for ten seconds without burning images of her flank running across my mind.

I decided to take out my guitar. Its red finish shinned in the sun as I played a metal version of the title music of My Little Pony. Some ponies have asked about where the tune came from, and I just claim it as my own. I only got to play a verse when a familiar rainbow blur started zooming over town, showing off as usual. I didn’t mind as she had the right too, she was practically a star in this small town and hey, I enjoyed the show too. My wings started to spread out as she approached, but I quickly collapse them.

I started getting better at doing that. I had to as I learned the hard way how not being able to control my wings could end up. I was following Rainbow Dash mid flight, when I looked up to see her, her haunches were almost right in my face! My wings stiffened harder than rock and I started to fall. I was able to recover, and when I was asked what was wrong I just told her that I needed more practice. That is probably why she wants me low to the ground. What am I supposed to say? “You got a nice ass Rainbow Dash! That’s why I almost fell!” I face hoofed at the very though of it.

She landed as if on que in front of me, and nodded.

“How’d you like THAT!”

After being deep in though about my affections about her I had forgotten to pay attention to her show.

“You did great!” I said unconvincingly

We took off for her place like usual, yet when we arrived next to Rainbow’s home there was a huge cloud, with some rainbow pools in it.

“Well today, we are building you a cloud castle.”

I looked at the giant pile of cloud in shock and stared at Rainbows palace next door.

“You mean to tell me you did that all by yourself?”

“Are you kidding? I had a friend help, and it took forever yet it was worth it.”

“You don’t have to do this for me.”

“Well I won’t be doing it alone.”

“Well of course you wouldn’t but I mean I can stay in the tree house.”

“No you can’t. Trust me, once you sleep on a cloud you’ll never go back. Now that you’re flying more seriously you're going to need some better sleep. If you want to keep up with me you are going to need lots of rest, and luck.”

She winked at me.

“Challenge Accepted.”

We began first on working on the base of the future castle. I never realized how complicated these fortresses are. Basically, if you want to shape the clouds that way you want it on the top, you need a good big base to keep the thing afloat. Not everything was pure cloud. In order for the building on top to keep form, water crystals formed together tightly make nice pillars, and they can only be held up by a strong cloud.

After about two hours of forming together the base cloud, Rainbow and I began flattening the top. While focused in our work, we crashed into each other, and began to laugh and admire our handiwork. Yet we couldn’t really find time to laugh long, as a small grey Pegasus flew right to Rainbow in a panic. It was a very nervous Derpy Hooves.

“Whats the matter pal?” inquired Rainbow Dash

“We have problem with storm from Everfree!”

Her grammar was a bit off, but the message was clear, weather team duty. I sighed, when she first said we were building this castle together, I figured this meant a lot of time with each other but in the end Rainbow just gets pulled away again. Ruining a nice moment I was having. Yet when I looked into the direction where Rainbow and Derpy were heading, the situation didn’t look good. There was a huge menacing black cloud coming our way from Everfree it didn’t compare to the platform I am on now.

I followed quickly behind, flying higher and higher to get a better look. It definitely looked like it was going to be heavy rain, and winds were already picking up against me. Following Rainbows advice on flying against the wind, I managed to make it to the meeting spot of the weather team. Derpy flew away again to pass the message along to other ponies of importance.

“Okay team, we got a massive storm our way. It is too big to stomp out, so the best we can attempt to do is change the direction. I’m gonna need every able bodied Pegasus on this job.”

He acknowledged me being there with a nod.

“Are you here to help boy?”

I started to say I would, when Rainbow interrupted.

“He isn’t really that great of a flier yet sir.”

“Oh really Rainbow? Were my eyes fooling me then when I saw him fly towards us against the biggest gust storm this town has seen in history? He is good enough for this job.”

She looked at me with concern written all over her face, but I knew I could do this.

We began spreading the word, in case we failed the town needed to get ready for rapid flooding. I helped the Apple family before being called to prepare to change the course of the cloud.

“Now, everyone is going to need to get situated around the cloud, and we will begin prodding it in a different direction. Be careful of the strong winds, if you get caught, remember your training.”

I followed along with every Pegasus in Ponyville, with Rainbow at my side.

“You sure you can do this Starlight?”

“More sure than you can imagine. Heck I was going to ask you to let me fly up to Cloudsdale height today if this storm didn’t come along.”

She nodded knowingly, she out of anypony understood the longing to prove themselves. We finally reached the forest and took pre-assigned positions around the cloud when suddenly a gust of wind clipped everypony surrounding it, as if the cloud was protecting itself. Everypony came out of it fine, even me. At least, that was what I thought. I herd a scream of terror as someone pointed out a falling Rainbow Dash who got struck in the head by some flying debris, and now seemed lifeless.

Everypony wanted to go after them, yet the Boss yelled at all of them to stay on the cloud, as it was too dangerous to go down there. Another second later and another gust of wind came by and knocked all of the Pegasus back to ponyville, except for me. I was already on my decent towards the forest to save Rainbow Dash. I was knocked by the wind into a tree branch, which instead of snapping itself broke my wing. I landed with a thud, and slowly got up with a pain in my left wing.

“Don’t worry Rainbow, I got you.”