• Published 1st Dec 2012
  • 871 Views, 22 Comments

A Grand Adventure - QuillStroke



A tale of 2 high school friends being pulled into the world of Equestria, but not all is right.

  • ...
5
 22
 871

A New Friend

At the same instant, George and Jimmy both turned around to see who had yelled that out. They both spotted an excited Unicorn standing there in the middle of the road. She had a sea-foam green coat with a light mint green tail with a white streak in the middle. Her hair style was similar and she had wide, excited looking yellow-orange eyes. Her cutie mark was a Lyre, light brown with gray strings. She stood there with a wide smile pointing at them, her wide eyes gleaming.

"HUMANS! I TOLD YOU ALL THEY WERE REAL! LOOK! LOOK! SEE!? I TOLD YOU!" She was frantically yelling as she jumped up and down like Pinkie Pie. Jimmy and George began to get nervous as she trotted towards them. What was she going to do? Did she know the story of the humans who came 1000 years ago? Was she going to tell everyone about it and get them chased out of town or worse?

"HI! I'M LYRA!" She said as she grabbed George's hand with her hoofs and began to violently shake it up and down. George just gave a slightly worried look and a nervous chuckle and looked over to Jimmy for help. Lyra turned her head and looked as though she just realized George was not the only human there. She let go of George and jumped onto Jimmy, knocking him to the ground.

"OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH! THERE'S ANOTHER HUMAN HERE! THIS IS GREAT!" Lyra yelled as she jumped up and down on top of Jimmy.

"George! Unf! A little gaah help here?" Jimmy asked as Lyra continued jumping up and down while talking at a speed nobody could understand. George sat there chuckling with Zecora, about to help Jimmy when they saw another pony approach them. This one was an Earth Pony with a light beige coat. Her hair was two sided, one side being navy blue and the other being a bold pink. Her tail was navy blue with the bold pink streak in the middle with curly ends. Her cutie mark appeared to be three pieces of wrapped candy. She stared at Lyra with a nervous look in her dull blue eyes.

"LYRA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" She yelled as she pulled Lyra off of Jimmy who stood up with the help of George.

"BON BON LOOK! HUMANS! I TOLD YOU THEY WERE REAL!" Lyra said as she was jumping up and down again. She turned to look at George again when Bon Bon pulled her back.

"You're making a scene! Stop jumping around like that." Bon Bon said as she calmed Lyra down as best as she could. She walked towards Zecora, trying to avoid looking at all three of them in the eyes.

"Zecora, who are these two? Are they really...humans?" Bon Bon asked whispering the last word as though it were some sort of curse. Zecora looked at her for a moment and then towards George and Jimmy, wondering if she should tell her the truth. Jimmy and George gave a small nod.

"Yes, indeed they are. Also, I believe your Unicorn friend may have gone too far." Zecora said nudging her head towards Lyra who was now jumping in place again with a desperate look on her face while staring at Jimmy again.

"OOOOOOHHHH! I have so many questions for them! Why is that one taller? Why does he have glasses like the ones we have here? Where did he get them? Why is his coat so many different colors? Is that thing on his chest his cutie mark? Why is he always walking on two hooves? Where was he all this time? How-" Lyra was cut off by Bon Bon grabbing her and telling her to calm down. After a few minutes of them talking to each other privately, while walking away from the trio, they returned any Bon Bon spoke to Zecora, this time looking her in the eyes.

"Zecora...can Lyra ask these two...humans...a few questions so I can bring her home?" Bon Bon asked her and she looked at the two humans thinking of all the questions Lyra just blurted out a minute ago. Zecora looked at Jimmy and George who were now backing away slowly from Lyra who was staring at them again. They both looked at Zecora and after a few seconds of thought decided it was OK.

"She can ask whatever she wants, even about how they stand. Just make sure that-" Zecora was cut off and Lyra jumped towards George and began asking him questions again faster than he could answer them. "She doesn't get out of hand..." Zecora finished with an annoyed look on her face. Lyra looked towards Jimmy and for the first time, she sat there and wasn't jumping. This worried Jimmy more than it did when she was jumping around.

"Are you really a human?" Lyra asked as she stared at him.

"Yes, my name is Jimmy, and this is George." Jimmy said as he gestured towards George.

"Wow! Why are you so bouncy and he isn't? Do you have some kind of magic powers?" Lyra asked as she began to get hyper again but quickly calmed herself down.

"Oh that? No, I'm just a little uh...overweight for a human. George is a bit too skinny but that's a medical condition so yeah. No magic." Jimmy asked as he began to feel more comfortable now that she was calming herself down.

"Where are you guys from? Where are you going? Why are you at the library?" Lyra asked as she finally realized they were outside of the library waiting for someone to open the door for them.

"Well, we're from a place called Earth. We're going to Canterlot to find a way home, and we need Twilight to help us get there since she knows it so well and Zecora can't come with us." Jimmy said as he realized that nobody had answered the door yet after all this noise going on outside.

"You're going to Canterlot? Wait, does this relate to what happened all those years ago when humans appeared and brought about the rise of Nightma-" Lyra was quickly cut off by Jimmy lunging at her and closing her mouth while George grabbed her head and they both pulled her towards the library and put themselves between her and the crowd who had been watching this whole time, some becoming curious now.

"Lyra, listen to me. Nobody here can know about ANY of that stuff that happened all those years ago. They would panic and we might be chased out of town or worse. Now you don't want that do you?" Jimmy whispered to her as she was still mumbling something they couldn't understand while her mouth was closed. Lyra nodded her head no and they let go of her.

"If you guys are going to Canterlot, can I come with you?" Lyra asked with a smile on her face.

"Sorry Lyra, but we're only bringing Twilight with us. We might bring the other 5 Elements of Harmony with us, but besides that, we can't bring anyone else." George said as Lyra had a sad look on her face.

"Oh, OK then. Well, good luck, I hope you get home safe." Lyra said as she walked away towards Bon Bon.

"Ugh...Lyra." Jimmy said as Lyra looked up and looked at him. She seemed as though she was about to cry. "I guess, when we find Princess Celestia we can come back and visit. But we have to find her first." Jimmy almost regretted saying that as Lyra jumped towards the both of them and pulled them into a hug with a huge smile on her face.

"OHHHHH! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!" Lyra exclaimed as she squeezed tighter, Jimmy and George gasping for breath and starting to turn blue. Finally Lyra let go.

"No problem. Just please don't freak out next time you see us OK?" Jimmy said as he was rubbing his neck and George was gasping for air.

"When are you coming back?" Lyra said looking excited again.

"Well, we don't know." George said, finally catching his breath.

"Awwwww, but that's probably gonna be a while!" Lyra said looking a bit sad.

"Don't worry, we'll be back soon. Who knows, we may pass through here again or see you somewhere else if you ever travel." Jimmy said trying to comfort her.

"Oh yeah, I guess so." Lyra said suddenly getting a look on her face as though she were forming a plan. She then thanked them and walked away with Bon Bon.

"Well, that was interesting...and odd...and close." George said.

"Yeah, a little too close. Why hasn't anyone opened this door yet?" Jimmy wondered as he knocked on the door again.

"Who's knocking out there? This is a PUBLIC library you know!" An angry voice from inside said. The voice sounded annoyed and a bit angry. Finally the voice spoke again. "Spike! Get the door please? I think somepony is outside.". The door then opened after another second and a small purple dragon with green scales on his spine stood before them. He had a sudden look of wonder on his face and turned his head and backed inside a bit.

"Uhh...Twilight. There's 2...creatures inside. I don't know what they are." Spike said as he welcomed them inside. "Zecora is with them." Spike said as he noticed Zecora follow them inside. Suddenly Twilight came from downstairs and walked into the room they were in.

"What? Who is it? I'm very busy studying the alignment of these stars that shone brighter than usual last night in a weird shape. Who could is possibly-" Twilight stopped mid-sentence as she noticed the two humans in her house.

"Oh no, I was right...this is very bad!" Twilight said as Jimmy and George stared in shock, forgetting that she was a genius and probably knew the legend well enough. Especially one that concerned Nightmare Moon, Discord, and King Sombra. How would she react to this? Two humans, signs of dark things to come?